How do I derank without screwing my team

I play with a friend and we are currently rank 6 and 7 and we need to derank now. I'm not talking rank 20 I mean low to mid greens because we can not handle the toxic reds anymore.

And I'm not talking about the killers. Those guys are great, we have fun with them and the chats, via either xbox or in game chat, have been nice, fun and respectful, the other survivors are the problem.

We are here to have fun and play a game, work on our challenges and relax, not get death threats because we didn't save someone within five seconds or refused to let someone run the killer to us so they can get a flash light save or hatch escape.

I just got the most harassing, threatening message from a Dwight who stopped playing once there was a chance the hatch might showed up. He hid and even tried to point us out to the killer but I was the problem.

I am going to end up taking a break, I know with how that message made me feel that's the best thing to do, but my friends been getting the same messages and we just don't want to play with reds like that anymore. Yes we report them, but we shouldn't have to worry about messages like that showing up on our stream or Xbox accounts and deranking is the only other solution we can come up with.

We are happy to take other suggestions as well

Comments

• MrPeterPFL
    MrPeterPFL Member Posts: 636

The best way to de-rank without hurting your team is to take a break from the game and let Rank reset do it’s job.

Lastly what do you mean “Xbox or in game chat”?

• cindlemain
    cindlemain Member Posts: 92

I would wait it out, but we bought the new rift and that would make it even more of a grind.

The killers will either say good game, or give us advice on how to better play against them, or if we were memeing, joke with us in the in game chat or message me directly on Xbox. Does that make sense, not sure how else to explain it

• ImBrakingBike
    ImBrakingBike Member Posts: 454

I don't think there's really a way to derank AND complete the rift simultaneously :/ Even if you waited a bit to derank to rank 9, you'd immediately go back to purple when you start completing challenges again.

• MrPeterPFL
    MrPeterPFL Member Posts: 636

Ahhh, well I’m out of advice.

I wasn’t entirely sure what you meant by “game chat” as there’s no game chat or end game chat on the Xbox. I’ve come to realise that you mean Party Chat and messaging. It’s very rare for survivors and Killers to party chat with each other.

• noctis129
    noctis129 Member Posts: 967

Ur excuse is not justifiable to be deranking. Survivors will always be more toxic than killers. It's just how it is.

U just got to make Smurf accounts. It's going to be a grind but that will solve ur problem.