Can I use DS and Unbreakable?

Options

I have never used this build before because I know how overpowered it can be and limiting myself to one meta perk to make it fair for killers. A part of me wants to try it out but I don't wanna be called names.

Comments

• AChaoticKiller
    AChaoticKiller Member Posts: 3,104
    Options

of course you can use it just don't expect any fair play to you either

I will gladly go after a DS user after i find out he used unbreakable even if there are others i could go for i will specifically go after you. that is of course after the DS timer runs out.

• NomiNomad
    NomiNomad Member Posts: 3,178
    Options

Use whatever you want, don't listen to anybody that says you can't. Just expect that some killers really won't like you for using it. This is a videogame, have fun.

• SunderMun
    SunderMun Member Posts: 2,789
    Options

There's nothing wrong with running these two perks; the issue comes when you use them in a scummy way.

• Todgeweiht
    Todgeweiht Member Posts: 3,666
    edited November 2020
    Options

Yeah.

• CosmicParagon
    CosmicParagon Member Posts: 1,070
    Options

As long as you don't complain about Killer perks being OP, use whatever you want (as long as it isn't OoO)

• Xbob42
    Xbob42 Member Posts: 1,117
    Options

You can use whatever you want man. Likewise, don't expect much mercy with such a build.

• cindlemain
    cindlemain Member Posts: 92
    Options

I don't use those perks, but my friend does. Main difference I've seen is the killer mains we've gone against more then twice will slug her and leave her on the ground coming back to check to see if she got up and slug her back down if she does when they are right there.

As for me, those same killers know I don't run those and so will hook me right away. They know if they leave me I will crawl away and either find help or bleed out on the other side of the map from where they downed me.

• Zayn
    Zayn Member Posts: 365
    Options

Use what you want, killers are going to use what they want and same goes for survivors. If they're unfair to use, that lies in game balance.

• Mandy
    Mandy Administrator, Dev, Community Manager Posts: 22,487
    Options

Of course you can use it, it's a perk in the game, the perks are meant to be used - that goes for both sides.

• LeleLP
    LeleLP Member Posts: 153
    Options

I mean tbh killers also use perk combos that survivors hate and find unfair so I mean. Fair is fair In That regards. Can’t really point fingers at either side if both sides use the “meta” builds.

• Johnny_XMan
    Johnny_XMan Member Posts: 6,424
    edited November 2020
    Options

Yes you can.

They counter free built-in mechanics for killers: Camping/Tunneling/Slugging.

• NoOneKnowsNova
    NoOneKnowsNova Member Posts: 2,782
    Options

Use whatever you want, no one is going to stop you. As many others have said though, it can be frustrating to the other side.

• Moundshroud
    Moundshroud Member Posts: 4,458
    Options

Why wouldn't you be able to use it? If it were somehow disallowed, it wouldn't be an option in the first place. You do you. Ignore anyone telling you what you should or shouldn't use.

• Squirrel_Thicc
    Squirrel_Thicc Member Posts: 2,677
    Options

Hey! That's illegal!

• Akito
    Akito Member Posts: 673
    Options

You would find out that it's just a another perk combo. I dont play them usually because O already used those two perks back in 2017 so it's nothing special anymore.

But from time to time when killer are especially annoying for some games it feels good having a counter to some specifc playstyles.

So

Go nuts I guess

• ALostPuppy
    ALostPuppy Member Posts: 3,398
    Options

Last I checked you can equip 4 perks in this game, and you only mentioned 2 so yeah. Most of the time killers aren't even gonna know you're running it and it won't have much of an effect on the game, because 1 DS+UB combo isn't enough to save 3 dumbasses on your team who last a collective 20 seconds in a chase and have no idea what a generator looks like. And that's like 75% of your Solo Q games so go nuts, because at least you'll get to play a bit longer than the other survivors on your team. If you play with friends then even 1 DS and Unbreakable combo can be a pretty big game changer.

• Zarr0ch
    Zarr0ch Member Posts: 589
    Options

As long as you accept Ruin + Undying from the killer side without complaining....then go for it

• Exerath1992
    Exerath1992 Member Posts: 1,035
    Options

Its a try-hard game. So try hard buddy. Just don't be mad when the killer tries hard too

• Katie_met
    Katie_met Member Posts: 422
    Options

It's a fantastic perk combination which I love to use. Sure killers have told me I'm using the 'small pp build' but it's not a 'small pp build', they're perks that work well to help me survive, why wouldn't I use them?

• freddymybae
    freddymybae Member Posts: 613
    Options

abuse perks like hell

• Exerlin
    Exerlin Member Posts: 1,352
    Options

No. Certain combinations of perks are banned and can get you permanently banned from the game. Please see attached image for more information:

• Fluffysh4rk
    Fluffysh4rk Member Posts: 6
    Options

I wish I could see it your way but cannot. DS is just an anti-tunnel tool, countered by simply not tunneling/punish the unhooker. Unbreakable is just an anti slugging tool. Don't like, hook em. Until there is something like Myers tombstone or huntress iridescent heads, I cannot see how those survivor perks are OP.

• OtakuFreak
    OtakuFreak Member Posts: 206
    Options

You can use them, but do not expect the killer to be nice to you when you do use them.

It's a combination that makes the killer role frustrating considering there is no counter play to them that doesn't involve throwing the game.

• Fishydevili22
    Fishydevili22 Member Posts: 48
    Options

Throw out the other sides rule book, I threw out the suruviour rule book a long time ago and have felt better playing the game ever since.