I JUST HAD IT HAPPEN AGAIN!!! šŸ˜”šŸ˜”šŸ˜”

TheClownIsKing
TheClownIsKing Member Posts: 6,278
edited November 2020 in General Discussions

Match on Thompson House against a spirit.

Behaving in a manner that highly suggested they were using BBQ and perhaps other tracking. Also hard tunnelling the first player they came across every time they were unhooked.

Me and one other survivor were left, they were downed in the middle of the corn. I anticipate and walk to a locker around Thompson House and get in. Wait longer than the required time to know the aura reading would have expired. Quietly get out, and try to circle around to the cornfield by going left of the house where a lot of hay bails are between the house and the gen in that upper corner.

Iā€™m being mindful of exactly where Iā€™m walking, and paying attention to exactly where crows are to NOT disturb them. Iā€™m also not injured. Iā€™m not anywhere near anything that would give Spirit reason to come exactly to that area. No disturbed crows. No scratchmarks. No recently popped gens. Used all available LoS blockers.

Spirit comes STRAIGHT FOR ME. I suspect SOMETHING like Whispers or Stridor. Was I near a totem I didnā€™t see and she had Undying? Anything to explain how ANOTHER killer miraculously came STRAIGHT AT ME.

Post match sheā€™s a rank 11 using only tier 1 rancour and only 1 brown add on.

Iā€™m getting right royally pissed off with this stuff occurring recently. Itā€™s too much of a coincidence.

Something has been WAY off since mid chapter with a lot of HIGHLY suspicious behaviour from a small portion of killers.

Iā€™m really not prepared to create a new friggin YT account just so I have SOME way of supplying video evidence of this crap occurring.

Edit: the ONLY other explanation is that the bug that shows incorrect post match load out has resurfaced again. Thatā€™s the ONLY other thing I can think of.

Additional Edit: and ANOTHER ONE. This time it was someone with a Russian Name (Iā€™m on the Australian servers).

Freddy. Iā€™m healing a Dwight in the far corner of the map near the barn. After Freddyā€™s first hook he teleports to the gen inside the barn. Comes immediately to me and Dwight in the corner of the map behind LoS blockers. Sounds like BBQ right? Everyone but me suicides first hook in the basement and I manage hatch before he finds me. Very short game.

Post game, I see his load out is dead manā€™s switch, Nemesis, Gearhead, Pop and both add ons that reduce teleport cooldown. No BBQ. Nothing that explains how/why that Freddy knew exactly where I was healing Dwight, and we were too far away from the gen in the barn to be heard (a gen that hadnā€™t even been touched yet mind you, so nothing that says ā€œsurvivors have been hereā€ and to give reason to look around)

Post edited by TheClownIsKing on

Comments

• Terro
    Terro Member Posts: 1,171

Some1 is starting to sound... U know, who cares. Just report all of them.

• TheClownIsKing

They could be a new player?

Perhaps a freshly made smurf account?

• TheClownIsKing

Iā€™m also PS4, so I can easily record video. But getting it to the devs without YT is a problem.

I really donā€™t want to be setting up a new YT.

• TheClownIsKing

I didnā€™t even mention anything to do with streamers. Not sure whatā€™s relevant about streamers.

• TheClownIsKing

Also... so according to your theory, a killer NOT running BBQ (or any of the myriad tracking and aura reading perks and add ons) hooks someone, decides NOT to camp, and thinks ā€œyou know what? Iā€™m not going to check on gens firstā€, and simply has the innate ability to automatically detect a survivor that has practiced good stealth for a few years in this game from halfway across the map in an area that makes no sense for the killer to check first after hooking someone?! When there are no scratch marks to spot?! No disturbed crows?! And no grunting?!

Iā€™ve prided myself on being able to spot Blendettes and be sensitive to crow activity very well because of how important it is for Clown to get into fresh chases. But even then, thatā€™s only AFTER thereā€™s been a reasonable and compelling reason to be in that area to begin with. Iā€™ve never been so lucky to hook someone and go ā€œI bet theyā€™re in that deadzone over there out of the deadzones and remaining gens a survivor could possibly be.

I need to stress as well that this kind of killer ā€œluckā€ has only been noticeable to me for a little over a week. Iā€™m always patient when I die in a match I find a bit too sus, and wait till I can finally see a killer loadout to answer what might have happened. Itā€™s only recently a small number of killers have popped up with nothing in their load out to explain what happened, other than suddenly these players are magically psychic.

• piggypablo
    piggypablo Member Posts: 102

If a dead zone is between me, and other generators then yeah I will check those areas first, especially if they might have totems and I'm not running undying.

• TheClownIsKing

Any other time I could probably accept that. But something has been way off for the past few days. Too many killers are having extreme luck. This spirit didnā€™t randomly search around before coincidentally coming across me. She went straight to that area.

If there had not been such a concerning amount of matches that donā€™t make sense, iā€™d put this down to my bad luck. But something is definitely off. Something new is being used by killers to cheat the game.

• Sluzzy
    Sluzzy Member Posts: 3,130

I love it when they try to hide their hacks. Watch their behaviors very closely.

• TheClownIsKing

Iā€™m starting to regret closing my DD forum profile. At least under that name my claims would have more credibility.

Iā€™m absolutely serious that Iā€™m noticing something is off in the killer community. Itā€™s not happening every match. But itā€™s happening often enough to be noticeable and alarming.

• DaKnight
    DaKnight Member Posts: 720

Rancor is a tracking perk. If a gen popped she would have had your exact location.

• TheClownIsKing

if a gen popped.

IF A GEN POPPED!

That didnā€™t happen. Not even recently before this occurred to me. And this match is not an isolated incident. Otherwise iā€™d had put it down to bad luck.

Sheā€™d already demonstrated before the other 2 had died that it was like she had bbq: immediately heading to EXACTLY one of them in the far corners of the map, and gens had NOT popped in order to give her the required rancor notifications.

The main take away here is that these recent suspicious matches the killers have behaved like they have BBQ: immediately knowing where a survivor was IMMEDIATELY after hooking someone else. Heck, Iā€™ve even had a match where I was in a locker the moment someone was downed. Waited well after I know the aura reading would have expired, yet this Trapper STILL came DIRECTLY to that spot and found me hiding behind that locker out of his LoS.

• RaSavage42
    RaSavage42 Member Posts: 5,546

Did you notice that Sprit looking around or was it straight to you

I go to an area I think survivors are then look around

I even caught a few hiding in lockers randomly doing this

• MadLordJack
    MadLordJack Member Posts: 8,814

Dude/ette, #########? How are you getting these? Are you absolutely certain it couldn't have been some insane new glitch hiding all the rest of her perks? Could there have been any potential for a hidden perk to have been revealing your aura?

• TheClownIsKing

It could be the load out bug, but Iā€™ve just again came out of another suspicious match.

Adding it to the original post on a moment.

• Golden_spider
    Golden_spider Member Posts: 587

Clearly Rancor 1 and that brown Add On gave you away with their strong tracking effects of giving the player psychic premonitions and the urge to really go to one specific tile of the map and you simply got outplayed.

Now in all seriousness unless you have video evidence I can't really say one way or another on this as too many variables to guess on.

• Markness
    Markness Member Posts: 242

I play in the asian region (well used to until I switched regions), and it was quite common for the killer right off the bat to come directly to you, even when you were not near a gen or a totem or anything, and you'd think, "hey.. maybe they have whispers", but no, they never did. There are definitely people that cheat in this game with something like walls, but it isn't very common in NA/EU, however, in asia with the Chinese.. can't say the same, as they always know exactly where you are, even when you play a blendette with iron will, it's impossible to hide from them.

• Yamaoka
    Yamaoka Member Posts: 4,321

There's definitely quite a few wallhackers out there. I know exactly how they behave as I used to be a RTCW 1.0 player (where pretty much every long-term player used wallhacks and aimbots). All one can hope for is better/updated cheat detection.

People really shouldn't have to record clips, collect data like steam profiles, nicknames, post said clips and create a tickets with detailed descriptions, linked clips etc.

It's up to the devs to "protect" their game.

• MadLordJack
    MadLordJack Member Posts: 8,814

At first glance, it seems like a string of bad luck, but a bunch of coincidences makes a pattern.

However, this does remind me of something else: Maybe there's an aura reading bug. OhTofu's been going nuts lately because survivors have been not showing up on aura perks despite not having anything to block them. Maybe it's a new hack. Maybe it's the opposite side of the bug?

• TheClownIsKing

Possibly.

All Iā€™m certain of is something isnā€™t quite right lately.

• TimeOutTimmy
    TimeOutTimmy Member Posts: 135

I was just talking about this with some other players. There has been more than one occasion where things felt off. It isn't a one off, it is too the point people are starting to notice.

You are not alone, other console players are finding the same thing.

• DaKnight
    DaKnight Member Posts: 720
    edited November 2020

But you are acting like it's just survivors experiencing it. I got a 3 man cheater squad tonight expecting I would be mad at them.

https://streamable.com/ydo622

I went onto DBD on xbox to be certain there were no cheaters, but the performance was so bad I went back to the PC. I even tried upgrading to the xbox one X and it was still just as bad.

I don't waste my time playing FPS games on the PC for the very same reason. Now, it doesn't matter. "Otz-cheats.com" is a meme when there is a very prominent site that has not been targeted by EAC for whatever reason

• Zarr0ch
    Zarr0ch Member Posts: 589

I have been experiencing aura hackers a bit as well. Funny, as I started running spine chill, get in locker before the hook so bbq wonā€™t work, killer stares at me from ages trying to decide if immediately finding me would be to obvious.

Same thing in multiple games. Plus being found suspiciously to many times.

• TheClownIsKing

Iā€™m both sad and relieved itā€™s not just me, that Iā€™m not crazy.

• finitethrills
    finitethrills Member Posts: 617

There is a widespread and easy to use engine.ini hack that is easily accessible even to the dopiest of mouth breathers (not even joking, 90% of the folks who are consuming hacks on the boards cannot form sentences that bear any resemblance to language... The guys who MAKE the hacks are the only ones with functioning braincells).

This essentially makes most props disappear for the player unless they are standing right next to them, ie they can see you from across the map like you were standing in a desert plain.

These types of modifications got temporarily busted up when devs forced the ini files to be baked into the pak files (lots of folks used them to increase performance, as gfx options in Dbd are notoriously sparse... Others used em to remove fog or cause the red stain to be visible from space). As is always the case, hackers just moved on to injecting the modified ini into the pak file and we are back to square one there.

It's always an arms race, and every time someone makes better armor for the tank, someone comes up with a better bazooka for the infantry.

For now, though, you can expect some shenanigans with being located from half the map away unless you use specific props to hide on one side, or expect people to be able to see your stain from one end of the school bus to the other like a lighthouse beacon on the other.

• Exerath1992
    Exerath1992 Member Posts: 1,035

I think there's a bug that makes it where you don't always see all their perks. And for the Freddy one, did you just hop off a nearby generator in the last 45 seconds?

• Exerath1992
    Exerath1992 Member Posts: 1,035

And that part where you talk about the killer going to check a dead zone? I do that as killer. I think "these are careful survivors, if I were them I'd be hiding in that dead zone over there, probably behind....hmmmm... THIS ROCK! YOU AINT SLICK!" And smack em while they think they're safe.

• finitethrills
    finitethrills Member Posts: 617

That bug also exists, yes. There's a couple different species of rat running around this ship that could explain the phenomenon.

• TheClownIsKing

Nope. It was a gen that hadnā€™t even been touched yet, so it was no way Gearhead gave Freddy info on that gen. And we werenā€™t healing anywhere near it.

• TheClownIsKing

This is very alarming. Think Iā€™m going to take a break from the game for a while.

• MissKitty95
    MissKitty95 Member Posts: 786

I actualy refuse to play agasint a sprirt now be4 I didnā€™t care now when I come agasint one there moving very sus... in there tracking when there not using aura perks......

• Darkskies
    Darkskies Member Posts: 1,158

@TheClownIsKing Just saying yesterday when I was playing I did notice a few survivors with blank load outs in the end results and I knew they was running dead hard etc. So the bug is back.

But their full load out was blank tho.

šŸ·šŸ’–

• Sonzaishinai
    Sonzaishinai Member Posts: 7,976

You could run distortion and check if they are trying to see your aura without aura perks

• MogliDogli
    MogliDogli Member Posts: 8

It is obvious that you are in a locker when the person probably even knows in which area you are. With that mindset Otz would be hacking.

• StibbityStabbity
    StibbityStabbity Member Posts: 1,839

I have seen this sort of thing a few times, though I mostly (or MOISTLY perhaps) see it on Freddy. Had a Freddy with NO tracking perks that absolutely devastated my team, whom made a point to split up and lead them mid-map during a chase to ensure he wouldn't run into others. Despite that, he always b-lined from the hook to the next Survivor. ZERO breathing room against him. I'm more of a Killer main, so at the end, I was completely caught off guard when I saw nothing to assist tracking.

For everyone else, ClownIsKing is a VERY reputable person. He's the kind of guy that will exhaust every reasonable explanation before considering shenanigans. As such, I wouldn't take his issue here lightly.

• whammigobambam
    whammigobambam Member Posts: 1,201

Op, Rancor is a tracking perk. It shows everyone's location when a gen pops. So there's that..

• TheClownIsKing

Thanks a lot for the vote of confidence there.

It really does mean a lot.

And I sure do. I pride myself on both having a very deep understanding of the game but keep open minded that there is always new things to learn.

I look at all game aspects logically, broadly, and even quite abstract in a lot of ways (my view that Coulrophobia can be an area control perk for example. You either ā€œget itā€ or donā€™t get what I mean at all). I exhausted all reasonable possible explanations for these killerā€™s successes, and if were just a random once in a while thing I would just concede it to very bad luck. But this has happened frequently enough for almost the past fortnight to be coincidence.

And later this same evening after adjusting this post to explain the Freddy incident, had a Freddy use a Midwich offering and also always immediately knew where everyone was after every hook. It was the same Russian on Australian servers again, and again no BBQ or anything else in their loadout to explain how theyā€™re were instantly heading to the exact location of other hidden survivors.

• StibbityStabbity

He pointed out that the Killer was seeing people on hook, not gen pop. Last two, no gen popped, went straight for him after hiding in a locker during hook. Rancor can't do that.

• TheClownIsKing

If you had read more I made it quite clear that a gen hadnā€™t popped, not even recently. This spirit was dominating and knowing exactly where everyone was after every single hook.

• StibbityStabbity

Ya, and the Freddy you just mentioned only had Gen tracking/blocking perks. Nemesis is there to get obsession hooks on demand. Gearhead highlights a gen being worked on, Dead Man's locks it after Freddy fakes a teleport to it and the Survivors hop off. Nowhere in there does it give tracking on Survivors not working on a gen.

• iZombie
    iZombie Member Posts: 231

Itā€™s weird that you posted this as I was recently saying to a friend of mine that Iā€™m convinced I keep going against players using wall hacks. The killer wonā€™t search an area and happen to find me, theyā€™ll come straight at me. I convince myself they must be using Whispers or something similar, but when the match ends they just have 1 or 2 perks and neither of them help with tracking.

Sometimes it feels like Iā€™m the only one being targeted in the game. Iā€™m extra sneaky and I know the difference between being seen go to a location and somebody just automatically knowing where you are. Iā€™ve never bothered to record it, as I donā€™t think I could ever prove they are hacking, but itā€™s definitely not a coincidence.

• itsaconehead
    itsaconehead Member Posts: 236

My BBQ Chilli perk hasn't been working at all lately, I'm wondering if that's the same bug I don't watch streamers so I'm not sure.

• Deckergirl
    Deckergirl Member Posts: 39

Haven't you ever looked up

What does a hacker look like in DBD?

I seen a video where everyone has a colored box around them so you know exactly where they are.

Some killer tried calling me a hacker because I bought someone up instantly with....

(Forgot perk name)

Told him to do his research.

It does exist but like most hacks, you'll never see it because everything is client side. But now you know what happened if someone just happens to be b lining straight for you.