A question for Blendette players...

Options

I'm just wondering why do you play Blendette? I find survivor much easier to play than killer, so even when someone is playing the easy role they have to make the game even more easy for them self by hiding.

Comments

• chieften333
    chieften333 Member Posts: 1,554
    Options

I was a blendette for a while, I just found hiding to be boring and stopped. Still miss when I could pull of some of the most bullcrap plays purely just because of how hard I was to see.

• SunderMun
    SunderMun Member Posts: 2,789
    Options

I have a p3 claudette literally for the meme. I got all perks on her, so if I feel like a laugh, I'll go into a game with the intention of immersing for memes. But it would get boring reallly fast.

• JinSime
    JinSime Member Posts: 405
    Options

I never played Blendette, but I found out dbd by watching videos from a Blendette player, and he is still an amazing survivor I look up to until now.

He can hide so well that it's fun (I think hiding from the killer is indeed fun, as long as you don't last the whole match hiding). This guy (Pain Reliever) not only knows how to hide, but he can loop and juke really well, so he is not a detriment at all.

Sometimes I just take a stealth approach to my gameplay and I think it's fun. You can waste the killer time as much as in a good chase if you can hide well. The thing is just to know when to hide and when to face the killer head on. People like to say one style of playing is better than other, but what caught me in dbd was the "horror movie simulator".

I remember reading the description of the game for the question: What would you do if you were in a horror movie? Which way would you go? Would you help your friends, run or hide?

That's what I like the most on dbd, this approach on horror. That's why I try to keep a little bit of fear of killers and not go in just for the looping game (that can be fun, but only goes so far for me).

• GoodBoyKaru
    GoodBoyKaru Member Posts: 22,651
    Options

i know right how disgraceful time to get the clicky clicky tbag ormond offerings for my 8 gen loops

• Mooks
    Mooks Member Posts: 14,538
    Options

And don’t you ever forget your SWF squad on Discord bringing a key.

now you are being a good boy Karu.

• AngryFluffy
    AngryFluffy Member Posts: 443
    Options

No joke, in my experience Blendettes are the most toxic players for some reason.

Or they hide all game, letting their teammates die, never to be found, not even in the end game chat.

There's those two types of Blendies.

• Yords
    Yords Member Posts: 5,781
    Options

I actually am a very aggressive blendette. I don the clothing of blendette for the fun, but I am in no way a very immersed player.

• meatisadelicacy
    meatisadelicacy Member Posts: 1,920
    Options

You know why they play Blendette - they're bad at the game and rely entirely on being hidden.

• GoodBoyKaru
    edited November 2020
    Options

She has the best prestige cosmetics and a smaller character model. If David was covered in as much blood as Claudie is, I'd play P3 David a lot more. I, however, also do run Blendweet and Blenjane because their prestiges are pretty dark.

So why is it racist? The game has characters of colour, why wouldn't you play them? Wouldn't it be more racist to not play the character just because they're black?

Post edited by Rizzo on
  • musefan
    musefan Member Posts: 345
    Options

When I started out playing DbD, over 2 years ago. Self Care and Empathy were my favourite perks by far.

She was an easy choice for me. So naturally I earned a lot of perks with her and is the only player I have prestiged.

And I have never found a decent reason to break away from her.

As far as I remember, Blendette wasnt a thing when I started. Or if it was, I had no idea about it. Hiding in a bush was the last thing on my mind when I seen the killer.

As I have said before, if Claudette didn't have self care I dont think there would be as many of them as there are.

• B_Random
    B_Random Member Posts: 370
    Options

The most toxic are usually Nea's, Fengs, Claudette (blendettes like you said), Laurie, Meg (On occasion), and sometimes surprisingly Bills.

Toxic players and Immersed players are the worst to go up against. Both aren't anywhere near fun to go up against.

• iZombie
    iZombie Member Posts: 231
    Options

P3 Claudette is great for losing killers mid-chase. I love her. 💙

• Angelicus23
    Angelicus23 Member Posts: 2,547
    Options

they don't question what do you play or why

• Katie_met
    Katie_met Member Posts: 422
    Options

I don't see why you'd want to hide all game anyway because there are more rewards and points available for having chases. Or maybe they all earn their boldness points for cleansing totems...

• meatisadelicacy
    meatisadelicacy Member Posts: 1,920
    Options

I don't know why they'd want to hide the whole game either but they do. People see a win as a win, even if they only get 9,000 BP. I'd personally never go to a haunted house and then sit in the parking lot because I was too petrified to move, but that's Blendettes for ya.

• GoodBoyKaru
    Options

Here's my reasoning for it, then. I just simply find out-maneuvering the killer and hiding more rewarding and fun than being chased. Sure, getting a window tech, dumb tech, and several stuns is satisfying, and hearing 3 gens pop as you're on the hook is amazing, but to me it's even funnier watching a killer walk past me several times, only to realise where I am and I'll either sprint away to a loop, or hit them with head on. Either works.

I might be in the minority here when I say that I'm also able to loop pretty well. I know many people who lmuse stealth aren't good in chases, but I'd like to think I can at least hold my own most of the time. So it's not just that I'm bad at being chased so I rely on stealth, it's that I find stealth a lot more fun.

It's just personal preference, is all.

• LuffyBlack
    LuffyBlack Member Posts: 595
    Options

Kinda sad because I play because I like the character and my sister who has found a character that favors her, but the toxicity has ruined the character.((Though I find the hatred towards the character herself, instead of the crappy tactics to be extreme and honestly weird))

You could be toxic with just about any character really.

• Katie_met
    Katie_met Member Posts: 422
    Options

Yeah when I have a Claudette daily ritual I get tunnelled a lot if I play her because people immediately assume I'm toxic. I purposely wear a bright outfit on Claudette so people don't assume I'm playing blendette, but people still have something against her.

• csandman1977
    csandman1977 Member Posts: 2,358
    Options

Im not great in chases so I do try to go stealthy early game. But if I see someone on death hook being chased I will jump in front of killer to take aggro.

I think many assume that stealthy means immersed all game and nothing else. But I find theres a good balance. I can do gens and bones while better players run the killer. If things start getting dicey I can be a fresh set of hook states for the killer to deal with.

• NursesBootie
    NursesBootie Member Posts: 2,159
    Options

Blendete players at high ranks usually abuse the broken sounds with IW to do plays that shouldn't be possible.

Don't get me wrong, i respect good claudettes, but blendette with IW is just cheap.

• LuffyBlack
    LuffyBlack Member Posts: 595
    edited November 2020
    Options

Enough to where it's creepy. You get downvoted in the subreddit for saying anything nice about her, one dude hit the negative for saying she's best girl. So what? You can't have your own favorite character now? It's also not unusual to see hate threads. All of this for a damn skin.

You know who I catch the most grief from? Bills and Steves. Bill players always call me racial slurs or homophobic slurs are usually toxic as #########. Steves in a SWF are usually the worse, toxic and their slippery bastards with the avatar having the smuggest expression next to Quentin. Dwights who are high ranks are usually elitist douchebags. Kates always disconnect. Megs who wear all gray are the worse, you can't see them then they run exhaustion perks. And you don't see me burning a mori or facecamping any of these people. It's bizarre.

• Fuzzymanpeach
    Fuzzymanpeach Member Posts: 22
    edited November 2020
    Options

Because playing Claudette gives to the opportunity to play any play style you want. She has bright clothes if you want attention and the darkest clothes and is quiet if you want to stealth. No other characters come close to her in terms of being able to swap play style on a whim. The only downside to Claudette is she doesn't have any really interesting/cool cosmetics (until she gets her community skin) and some killers tend to tunnel/focus on her.

• gibblywibblywoo
    gibblywibblywoo Member Posts: 3,772
    Options

She doesn't exist in the form she used to. They brightened her default clothing and removed lighting offerings.

• Cable2486
    Cable2486 Member Posts: 249
    Options

Not everyone plays just for the points. I, myself, like to play blendette to be my squads spotter/medic while I work on gens, and back up totem breaking as needed. I loop just as much as I hide, and it's equally satisfying to suddenly seemingly just disappear mid-chase and watch the killer walk around scratching their head, trying to find me. I giggle madly.

All of you folks thinking about maximum point earning only won't likely agree, because it really seems BP is all you think about.

• Ghouled_Mojo
    Ghouled_Mojo Member Posts: 2,287
    Options

I play blendette sometimes. Just had a 31k BP game as her. No BP multipliers involved. Some ppl are good at looping. Some have the map stuff memorized. Some ppl are good at hiding. It’s just another way to play this game.

• LiamEfinNeeson
    LiamEfinNeeson Member Posts: 6
    edited November 2020
    Options

I don’t play Claudette, but mainly Jake. I prefer stealth and a small footprint to make it harder to find me. I’ll usually keep to darker clothing too. I enjoy a good game where I literally walk around a corner away from a killer in say, the meat packing plant, and continually lose that killer through stealth and deception without running. It truly is the same as a chase in those cases and it counts just the same or else you would not get points for stealth. Understanding that type of play is important not just for regular gameplay but for playing against a killer and a griever simultaneously. I just finished a game today in the meat packing plant and dealt with that same situation and walked circles around them both.

As a killer, I don’t find it all that hard to find Blendettes because I know how that type of stealthy gameplay works and can more easily observe patterns in clothing and crouch positions.

• Rizzo
    Rizzo Member, Administrator, Mod Posts: 17,428
    Options

Due to the presence of disrespectful and unnecessary comments on this thread, we decided to close it to avoid even more of them.

This discussion has been closed.