Chapter 18 Supernatural DLC?

I’ve read in a few different places that there’s going to be more than one survivor. Anyone think there’s a chance it could be Sam & Dean? The first monster they fought was a wendigo, if I remember correctly.

This is all just speculation for fun. I know of the argument already that it could / couldn’t be licensed. I just thought I’d throw this idea out there because I’m seeing a lot about Until Dawn, but Supernatural could be a possibility too.

Comments

• iZombie
    iZombie Member Posts: 231

I had this exact same discussion with my friend yesterday, but after calming down (lol) I started to believe it wasn’t going to be a licensed chapter. The timing would be impeccable if it was Supernatural related considering the show ends in 2 weeks.

Rare footage of my fangirling:

• Mooks
    Mooks Member Posts: 14,710

what about those rumors about 2 survivors? Where did you hear that? After introducing legendary skins I thought 2 survivors wouldn’t be very likely

• HarleyQuinn
    HarleyQuinn Member Posts: 247

LMAO! I love that 😂 I’m still holding onto hope for it to be Supernatural even if the odds are stacked against it.

Just different comments. I don’t know the source but I’ve seen it mentioned a few times on Twitter, YouTube, etc. I don’t know where they got that info.

• chieften333
    chieften333 Member Posts: 1,554

I still think it's an original. There's no license holder in the credits of the teaser.

• Dito175
    Dito175 Member Posts: 1,395

If it was supernatural, probably there wouldn't be any killer.

• HarleyQuinn

I’ve seen back and forth comments about this bit of information. So, I don’t know. Some people say some licensed teasers (the short snippet ones) didn’t have a trademark.

But yes, I do know what you mean. I’m just remaining hopeful even if the chances are very slim.

• CountInzwilt
    CountInzwilt Member Posts: 30

After watching the teaser yesterday this was on of my first thoughts too. And the description says: "Our past can sometimes be a burden that drives us to the most dangerous places in search of answers and hope... " - for me it sounds really like supernatural.

• dugman
    dugman Member Posts: 9,713

I would love to see Supernatural as a DLC but unfortunately the teaser doesn’t seem to have anything to do with it. Maybe someday though?

As far as whether or not this one will be licensed, it’s possible it’s licensed if only because the last chapter wasn’t but we’ll see soon enough. 🤷‍♂️

• HarleyQuinn

Yeah, hopefully some day if this isn’t it! I’ve always said that a wendigo would make a good killer for a SPN chapter, so I was like hmmm what if? Lol.

I think they said they’re aiming for 2 originals and 2 licensed? And we’ve had blight & deathslinger this year for originals. Pyramid Head for licensed. So it would make sense if they managed to stick to it.

• SCP_FOR_DBD
    SCP_FOR_DBD Member Posts: 2,416

I feel like if it was Supernatural the boys would have something to do with it instead of the monster, since they are wayy more popular.

• dugman

Also I’m pretty sure the killer in a Supernatural DLC would be a demon, maybe the Yellow Eyed Demon.

• HarleyQuinn

You’re probably right. I was just hopeful because of the series ending soon & it would be perfect timing to bring SPN to the game. Ah well.

• RandomAcronym
    RandomAcronym Member Posts: 3
    edited November 2020

Second episode of the show was Sam and Dean hunting a Wendigo, so it would be a good choice for the killer, also using a "monster of the week" from the earlier seasons helps with game balance, would it realy be cool to play as "Yellow Eyes from Supernatural" when he would get pallet stunned and DSed just like every other killer?

Like you would not add Master Chief & The Flood to DBD because both the survivor and the killer would have to be extremely de-powered to work in this game, but Major Johnson and a Brute/Elite would fit in well enough. (only The Flood really fits in as a horror character but this is just an example for the power levels)

• cheetocultleader
    cheetocultleader Member Posts: 1,259

I mean, I'd lose my caca if it is Sam & Dean, I just feel like there is more pointing towards it being Until Dawn. They even had someone from the cast on Twitch Rivals. Still, everyone said "There's no way it's Pyramid Head", but I kept my fingers crossed. Shall do it again!

• dugman

Yeah it kind of would be cool playing a demon killer with the special ability to smoke travel or briefly possess survivors. Who cares if they’re stunned by pallets? (And it’s not like pallet stuns are always thematic anyway, why do they do anything to Nurse or Spirit or Freddy for instance? It’s not that big a deal.)

And sure, they fought a Wendigo in one episode, but if hey did a DLC pack for the show they’d want a killer that is easily recognizable as part of the shows brand, and the most obvious choice is a demon, they’re the main type of antagonists throughout the series.

P.S. Bonus points if Sam has a special reaction facing the Clown. 😄

• Ghouled_Mojo
    Ghouled_Mojo Member Posts: 2,287

I hope not. That show should’ve stopped after a few seasons.

• HarleyQuinn

Yeah it was dragged out, but that doesn’t mean it wouldn’t make for an awesome chapter / DLC.

• The_Grim_Reaper99
    The_Grim_Reaper99 Member Posts: 53

Anything’s possible, like when we got the teases for 4th anniversary everyone thought it was going to be Candy man but turns out we got pyramid head.

The new killer is definitely looking to be a Wendigo, so like I said anything’s possible. Always expect the unexpected

• MojoTheFabulous
    MojoTheFabulous Member Posts: 2,015

As much as I love Supernatural and would be amazed over having a Supernatural chapter, I can't see it ever happening.

• Xyvielia
    Xyvielia Member Posts: 2,415

I Wish!

I don’t main any guys in DBD, but if we ever got Sam and Dean, that would totally change

• HarleyQuinn

Really? I think it’s very possible. SPN is owned by Warnerbros & they’ve crossed over into video games before. Like Fortnite and whatnot. I don’t see why DBD would be a problem.