Moonlight Offerings To Stay Poll

SasukeKun
SasukeKun Member Posts: 1,858

Am i the only person still wanting the Moon offerings? I know it doesn't do much but i thought we would at least get a say in if i stays or not. I thought it was a cool feature. Anyone else?

Comments

• ACEvHEARTS
    ACEvHEARTS Member Posts: 403
    Does anyone know if we get to keep them, just not use them? Like event offerings? Would like to keep them on my collection. 
  • Vampirox
    Vampirox Member Posts: 411
    edited October 2018

we keep them but they will become locked from my understanding. Which is a real bummer they shouldve came up with an offering equal too its power instead of locking it out.
    Its like Locking up Ebony Mori.

• Terrortot
    Terrortot Member Posts: 423
    Every single one of them should be deleted.

Also, i have never had any.
  • powerbats
    powerbats Member Posts: 7,068

@Terrortot said:
    Every single one of them should be deleted.

Also, i have never had any.

Yes get rid of them because you don't like them, brightest moonlight as certain killers is godly and the same for darkest hello Pig/Trapper/Hag/Myers

• Visionmaker
    Visionmaker Member Posts: 2,051

Cool... but MacMillan + Darkest Moonlight was the worst.

• SasukeKun

there's like a slight difference but it's cool when it's dark

• powerbats
    powerbats Member Posts: 7,068

@Visionmaker said:

Except when you were Myers, Hag, Trapper, Amanda as killer or P3 Claudette but then Myers and Trapper and hag

• Visionmaker

@powerbats said:

@Visionmaker said:

Except when you were Myers, Hag, Trapper, Amanda as killer or P3 Claudette but then Myers and Trapper and hag

I would say I enjoy it when the odds are in my favor but I have trouble adjusting my eyes. I literally cannot see in front of me as a killer or survivor and it's almost impossible to see pathing correctly. Happens in Prenn Asylum too.

I guess I'd like it as Vanity Mirror Myers for the auras, but that's kinda excessive. :P

• Judgement
    Judgement Member Posts: 955
    edited October 2018

BHVR have actually disabled the function of Moonlight offerings now. If you still have them on your Survivors or Killers, using them won't have any effect.
    They haven't removed the offerings, but they have disabled their effect.
    There was apparently a problem where players would mod their save files or something to get moonlight offerings and use New Moon Bouquets to make maps extremely dark.
    But I believe BHVR also stated that, when it comes to the new maps they're creating, they haven't bothered to add different lighting levels (such as what would be determined when a Moonlight offering was used) as the offerings should no longer exist outside of Kill Your Friends. So essentially, these offerings have no effect whatsoever on certain maps.
    That being said there'd be no point in keeping the offerings in Kill Your Friends either since, as stated before, none of the newer maps have any difference in lighting to accommodate Moonlight offerings.
    It's easier to just disable them outright, but having disabled them entirely now, BHVR should probably remove them from the game or, just to be certain, make them completely unusable like they do with Event offerings for events that have expired.
    I still have BBQ Invitations on some of my characters, but because the event has ended, they are completely unusable. BHVR should do the same thing to Moonlight offerings, effectively removing them from the game.

• Link
    Link Member Posts: 135

Claudettes can still make themselves practically invisible even in some open areas, the only place they belong is in kyf if they would stay which then at that point i'd agree for them to go since they are just wasteful data. If they would be put back into the normal game claudette could literally be part of the map, i dont wanna go back to those days.

• blue4zion
    blue4zion Member Posts: 2,773

I was still fairly new when they removed them from the bloodweb and I was really bummed out. I absolutely loved the look of the darkest moonlight.
    But I do understand with their reasoning and I know lots of people didn't like them.

• popoles
    popoles Member Posts: 831
    Honestly, Dark Moon + Red Forest would kill me when playing as either side.
  • se05239
    se05239 Member Posts: 3,919

In KYF, sure, but not in normal games. ######### that offering.

• George_Soros
    George_Soros Member Posts: 2,270
    They're fun offerings, but too great an advantage to stealthy Claudettes. I happen to have a lot of respect for proper stealth play, but New Moon Bouquet is just too much.
  • Tsulan
    Tsulan Member Posts: 15,095
    How about we change the darkest moonlight offerings in a way, that only it's user has a darker map? This would give them the desired horror feeling, while removing the advantage they gained through it.
  • DocOctober
    DocOctober Member Posts: 2,230
    Judgement said:

BHVR have actually disabled the function of Moonlight offerings now. If you still have them on your Survivors or Killers, using them won't have any effect.
    They haven't removed the offerings, but they have disabled their effect.
    There was apparently a problem where players would mod their save files or something to get moonlight offerings and use New Moon Bouquets to make maps extremely dark.
    But I believe BHVR also stated that, when it comes to the new maps they're creating, they haven't bothered to add different lighting levels (such as what would be determined when a Moonlight offering was used) as the offerings should no longer exist outside of Kill Your Friends. So essentially, these offerings have no effect whatsoever on certain maps.
    That being said there'd be no point in keeping the offerings in Kill Your Friends either since, as stated before, none of the newer maps have any difference in lighting to accommodate Moonlight offerings.
    It's easier to just disable them outright, but having disabled them entirely now, BHVR should probably remove them from the game or, just to be certain, make them completely unusable like they do with Event offerings for events that have expired.
    I still have BBQ Invitations on some of my characters, but because the event has ended, they are completely unusable. BHVR should do the same thing to Moonlight offerings, effectively removing them from the game.

The Moonlight Offerings still work on all Maps, there's no need to adapt them to each Map since all they do is basically change the position of a pointer on a brightness slider, which by default is in the middle position. All that changes from Map to Map, is how bright/dark that default position is.
  • SasukeKun

@Tsulan said:
    How about we change the darkest moonlight offerings in a way, that only it's user has a darker map? This would give them the desired horror feeling, while removing the advantage they gained through it.

elaborate

• Tsulan
    Tsulan Member Posts: 15,095

@SasukeKun said:

@Tsulan said:

elaborate

Claudette uses darkest moonlight, because she likes the dark map. It looks dark to her. But ONLY to her. Everyone else has the normal light setting. She doesn´t get an advantage for using this, because it´s only darker for her. Killer and everyone else has the normal view.

• popoles
    popoles Member Posts: 831
    Tsulan said:

@SasukeKun said:

@Tsulan said:

elaborate

Claudette uses darkest moonlight, because she likes the dark map. It looks dark to her. But ONLY to her. Everyone else has the normal light setting. She doesn´t get an advantage for using this, because it´s only darker for her. Killer and everyone else has the normal view.

So basically I will hinder myself for 8000 BP?
  • Dustin
    Dustin Member Posts: 2,295
    edited October 2018

To be honest I'd be fine with them removing them from inventories but instead of wiping them from the history of DBD add some sort of in-game archive showing all the retired items. Kind of like the tutorial section explaining the game but instead every item is listed even if it's not retired. They could have a little bit of text explaining the item use and why it was retired for example. Would be good trivia to add to the game but not really needed. I still have a few of them sitting in my inventory but since I can't use them I'm not really attached to them to care if they disappear.

Regarding the feature itself I felt like they had various impacts on the game depending on the map and I didn't really like that inconsistency so I'm fine with the removal of the offerings.

• SasukeKun

@Dustin said:
    To be honest I'd be fine with them removing them from inventories but instead of wiping them from the history of DBD add some sort of in-game archive showing all the retired items. Kind of like the tutorial section explaining the game but instead every item is listed even if it's not retired. They could have a little bit of text explaining the item use and why it was retired for example. Would be good trivia to add to the game but not really needed. I still have a few of them sitting in my inventory but since I can't use them I'm not really attached to them to care if they disappear.

Regarding the feature itself I felt like they had various impacts on the game depending on the map and I didn't really like that inconsistency so I'm fine with the removal of the offerings.

You seen Macmillan when it's the darkest? love it

• KingB
    KingB Member Posts: 747
    Why not just rework them into very rare map offerings for the maps that they already made lighting effects for?
  • BigBubs
    BigBubs Member Posts: 1,131

I'm glad they are gone. Less useless crap on the bw.

• SpaceCoconut
    SpaceCoconut Member Posts: 1,962
    I won't miss them...

https://youtu.be/eyQd9tyXnMI
  • Global
    Global Member Posts: 770

Atleast allow them in kyf :(

• SasukeKun

@BigBubs said:

Why you think like that, you weren't here when they could stack 4 mists and moonlight it would be so funny and awesome

• BigBubs
    BigBubs Member Posts: 1,131

@SasukeKun said:

@BigBubs said:

Why you think like that, you weren't here when they could stack 4 mists and moonlight it would be so funny and awesome

I think like that because I got my own opinion.
    Fyi - I own the game since Jun 27, 2016.

• Entità
    Entità Member Posts: 1,583
    edited October 2018

@SasukeKun My first thread in this forum was a heartfelt appeal to restore the Moonlight Offerings: https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/21738/could-you-reintroduce-moonlight-offerings-please :)

@not_Queen @Patricia I understand that it is difficult to balance the brightness of each map, and that the maps inside are not illuminated by the moon, unlike the original ones (Autoheven, Coldwind, MacMillan), but these offers could be readapted: for example, a map obscure as a sewer (I think of It) would require torches for both the killer and the survivors. It would not be bad to introduce a personal lighting system, durable throughout the game, which allows you to tear the darkness at the expense of stealth. It would be a very interesting and tremendously horror mechanic: while walking in a dark alley, turn on the torch and see the killer a few meters away from you! Guaranteed heart attack.

• SasukeKun

@BigBubs said:

@SasukeKun said:

@BigBubs said:

I think like that because I got my own opinion.
    Fyi - I own the game since Jun 27, 2016.

That's cool, i started in August Or July of 2016. Still think they should stay and not be retired

• My_Dude
    My_Dude Member Posts: 132

RIP Moonlight Offerings.

You -WILL- NOT be missed.

:D

• SasukeKun

@My_Dude said:
    RIP Moonlight Offerings.

You -WILL- NOT be missed.

:D

noooo

• Dreamnomad
    Dreamnomad Member Posts: 3,875

They got rid of them for good reason. I would be fine with them in KYF, but they don't belong in the normal game.

• SasukeKun

@Dreamnomad said:
    They got rid of them for good reason. I would be fine with them in KYF, but they don't belong in the normal game.

good reason? what's the good reason?

• Giche
    Giche Member Posts: 753

@popoles said:

So basically I will hinder myself for 8000 BP?

Picking her at the moment mean you get a noticeable camo advantage (nearly broken in corns or MacMillan's map) over other survivors, for free.

Would be fair.

• Dreamnomad
    Dreamnomad Member Posts: 3,875

@SasukeKun said:

@Dreamnomad said:

good reason? what's the good reason?

Because maps are designed to have a certain amount of illumination. It's a conscious effort on the devs part on the balance of a map.

• Peanits
    Peanits Dev, Community Manager Posts: 7,531

Speaking from a personal standpoint: No. I'm okay with them in KYF, if you want to do that to yourselves, go nuts. But ever since the engine update they've been a little funky, and they don't work well on some maps. Darkest moonlight is just used to cheese the game sometimes and make it so the killer can't see you.

• SasukeKun

@Peanits said:
    Speaking from a personal standpoint: No. I'm okay with them in KYF, if you want to do that to yourselves, go nuts. But ever since the engine update they've been a little funky, and they don't work well on some maps. Darkest moonlight is just used to cheese the game sometimes and make it so the killer can't see you.

You seem to be forgetting Brightest and Brighter Moonlight. Darkest wasn't always used and personally it was fun exposing yourself more for a challenge.

• Visionmaker

Darkest Moonlight only improved the game in normally bright maps. Like the Game.

I think it should stay a KWF only option. Maybe one day they can return if we ever get other game modes.