Dead by daylight is infact dying

The fact they lost over 9,000 players in one month is outstanding. This game is so bugged out, it's unbelievable and yet all we get is more cosmetics.

Comments

• Mooks
    Mooks Member Posts: 14,705

Everything is dying at all times. Nothing is for eternity.

• Mikeasaurus
    Mikeasaurus Member Posts: 2,327

Give it a month and it will rocket back up with the new killer. People usually leave after a few weeks of a major update because they've played it and got what they want from it and leave to wait for the next. It's normal for any online game. Doesn't mean it's dying.

• TripleSteal
    TripleSteal Member Posts: 1,298

Daily repost :/

• Khar
    Khar Member Posts: 640

Watching a teaser =/= active players. Lots of people still watch the game, but don't play it themselves.

• Yamaoka
    Yamaoka Member Posts: 4,321

True. However it's safe to say the number of active players will skyrocket the second we're getting new content - as usual.

• 2LuvRias
    2LuvRias Member Posts: 352
    edited November 2020

I can only speak for what I've seen, but yesterday I spent alot of time playing Killer AND Survivor with cross play turned on and off, regardless if it was on or not I'd always find a match quickly and from what I seen it was never the same players.

Games not dead yet friend

Edit: Just to clarify I play on Xbox One

• BestGame
    BestGame Member Posts: 69

the fact if u see in the afternoon at weekday [ not weekend ] only 11k -18k player remaining in game

that statistic only show peak player.... not average...

• Emeal
    Emeal Member Posts: 4,899
  • Seanzu
    Seanzu Member Posts: 7,526

idk man, almost like the entire hecking world is coming out of lockdown and working instead of gaming, or going back to school instead of gaming.

• SunderMun
    SunderMun Member Posts: 2,789

That it's down nearly 5k since August is kind of depressing, but it doesn't mean much, tbh. I do think the game has some big issues that need addressing, though, otherwise there is a pretty big risk. Also it's hilarious that the game is at its lowest in terms of playerbase during the month that they marketed nothing happening as an 'event.'

• BillyMain77
    BillyMain77 Member Posts: 415
    edited November 2020

I havent quit but now i only play a game or two before i switch to something else.

Ive been playing the game for a year and a half and ive had some really fun and exciting times on dbd, but in this year and a half the game has changed significantly and ive went through my fair share of swf squads.

With the past couple of months being just buggy patches one after the other followed by spaghetti coded hotfixes that just cause different problems.

Its just a rinse and repeat every 3 months, new killer/survivors for 10 bucks, breaks the game when introduced then they spaghetti code a hotfix together that breaks different #########, then they just release some cosmetics and hope people forget about it.

Never no quality of life updates to just fix the game and make it playable for everybody. Just whats the next idea we can come up with to make more money off our fans.

Gets old. Mark my words, one day people will realize whats going on, hopefully before you have $60-$70+ dollars invested in the game.

• Seanzu
    Seanzu Member Posts: 7,526

This is the affects of the world coming out of lockdown I don't see how people aren't figuring this out, if you look in Feb we randomly started seeing a spike of an extra 7K players monthly, then 10K and it goes up as more countries locked down, and guess what, it's coming down now because everyone is coming out of lockdown.

• DBD78
    DBD78 Member Posts: 3,455

Yeah this game will be dead by daylight.

• Xyvielia
    Xyvielia Member Posts: 2,415

For every 9,000 that leave there are 9,000 more waiting to join... then many of those 9,000 that left return again for more...

DBD’ll be around for a good while, for sure

• GoodBoyKaru
    GoodBoyKaru Member Posts: 22,725

Why would you remind me of the amount of college work I have to do :(

• twistedmonkey
    twistedmonkey Member Posts: 4,291

The game has ups and down in playerbase numbers and always has.

If you look at the stats it regularly loses over 10k players in some months and then they gain them back again.

This is due to players coming back for dlc and events. So its no where near dying its just the stats show a larger playerbase than the actual stable numbers.

Now if we go back to 2017 the numbers dipped to 7k on average and that was a scary time for the game but they started to make changes and the game has grown ever since then.

• gibblywibblywoo
    gibblywibblywoo Member Posts: 3,772

I've seen bigger games lose significantly larger portions of their playerbase in less time. Most people don't exclusively or (mostly) play one game like a lot of DBD players seem to.

People also get burnt out and just return when there's new content. I'd been playing religously since around Huntress but when Ghostface release I had to take a few months break as I was growing to actively hate the game.

• Raz_
    Raz_ Member Posts: 296

nah.. as long they're no competetion in that genre and a similiar game dbd wont die.

Resident evil tried, failed.

last year tried, failed.

Friday 13 tried, failed.

as long a company doesnt bring a similiar game to dbd with the same mechanics just better (without bugs, balanced etc) dbd wont die.

• TarveshV
    TarveshV Member Posts: 6

What in-game event just ended? Because I played all during the past month and all I got was the option to buy some cosmetics....

• Theninjajesus
    Theninjajesus Member Posts: 99

In the Sylvia Plath sense of the word, yeah, I get it, we're all dying. But Dead By Daylight isn't dying the way Chloe over there is dying.

• Kumnut768
    Kumnut768 Member Posts: 789

i agree with you here the games become super stale, i just load up the menu screen and stare at it for 5 minutes and go to bed i dont know whats wrong with me but i cant really be motivated to do anything anymore

• gibblywibblywoo
    gibblywibblywoo Member Posts: 3,772

In all fairness I think Resistance could have done well if Capcom hadn't made the downright bizarre decision to keep it bundled with a critically panned Remake of a fan favorite game. It's very fun, though I haven't played it since moving to PC.

• WestX
    WestX Member Posts: 120

I don't know if its truly dying, but I can understand why massive amounts of players only sporadically play the game. Already I've been getting burnt out from all the smurf games I keep running into, and the lack of perks I have makes it far more difficult to combat any of the smurfs since they all run meta stuff and I'm stuck with whatever perks my killer has

• idukxd
    idukxd Member Posts: 4

ok, who asked

• Aldofer
    Aldofer Member Posts: 458

the game is dyung cau'z it's getting stale, so they loose player almost as much as they gain them, a new mode or event could help... hmmmm but yea the interest is here don't get me wrong but the gmae is getting lame that's all

• AChaoticKiller
    AChaoticKiller Member Posts: 3,104

I doubt this game will ever fully die off simply because it is THE GAME of horror icons

at worst it will hover around a few thousand players but it wont ever fully die

• Hoodied
    Hoodied Member Posts: 13,017

Mom said it was my turn to post this

• Terra92
    Terra92 Member Posts: 583

I mean I don't play as much as I used to, I still have the same normal occasional gripes about how boring it is to play against certain playstyles/killers(who generally only have one way to play against them), but like it's still fun overall. I'm still having fun, I'm just more busy than ever and I have other games I want to play, other things I want to do.

• DeadHardMan
    DeadHardMan Member Posts: 319

Player: *loses a match*

Player:*Rages and goes to the forums to vent*

Player: "Guys, this game is dying..."