Possible easy way to make going against SWF not suck as much

Options

It's pretty clear they could never really do an option to just not face SWF, cuz that'd kill queue times. What if instead they just made it that the killer got a bloodpoint modifier depending on how many people were in a squad? That would both make playing against an SWF more rewarding and help deal with the grind a little but.

Comments

• Clevite
    Clevite Member Posts: 4,335
    Options

Blunts and bourbon, but each their own!

• Ryan9495
    Ryan9495 Member Posts: 6
    Options

I 1000% agree with this instead of doing a complete nerf to a squad if you are going against them. I believe more than not can agree, a SWF whether it's a "death squad" or a "casual group", especially on comms which is my biggest problem but anyway, is very annoying and makes it more stressful then it needs to be. I do however, understand people want to have "fun" with their friends and that's fair enough. In reality though, I do believe this game is meant to be solo as the SWF option can in later. Getting a extra bloodpoint reward would the make stress of going against a organized group a little bit worth it.

• TarveshV
    TarveshV Member Posts: 6
    edited November 2020
    Options

Just start labeling certain perks as second chance perks (basically every exhaustion perk plus unbreakable and DS would be a second chance perk). Members in a SWF group can't use these perks.

Post edited by TarveshV on
  • HypsterMoses
    HypsterMoses Member Posts: 15
    Options

Kinda agree that certain perks should be disabled w SWF(OoO being the biggun) but exhaustion perks isn't the way to go IMO. Like Adrenaline for sure, but that's the only one I think would be justified.

• ALostPuppy
    ALostPuppy Member Posts: 3,398
    Options

Oh god are we back to this whole "limit the options that people have because they want to play with their friends" thing? I thought this argument was laid to rest. You do that and the game dies, the ones that are left dodge lobbies until they find each other and play that way. That's how it was before SWF was added.

• TarveshV
    TarveshV Member Posts: 6
    Options

We can always give the killer the option to play against SWF or not. Communication is basically the only tool you really need to win SWF. But I guess 16 second chance perks making it fun for one side and a night mare for the other is the better option?

• ALostPuppy
    ALostPuppy Member Posts: 3,398
    Options

The only tool you really need to win any survivor game is half a brain and to split up and do gens. If all survivors are doing this perks and Comms are irrelevant and are definitely not the main reason why you got stomped. You wouldn't suddenly feel better knowing that you got beaten in 5 minutes by people who weren't running these deadly "2nd chance perks."

• oxygen
    oxygen Member Posts: 3,289
    Options

It's a good idea simply because unlike a lot of the other ideas (opt-out, mechanical nerfs and debuffs, pre game indicators) it actually has a non-zero probability of even being seriously considered by the developers of a modern multiplayer game for one whole second.