Do you play solo ? Or swf

Options
MissKitty95
MissKitty95 Member Posts: 786
edited November 2020 in General Discussions

Hi question for everyone do you play solo survivor or with friends ? If so how many? I’m curious, from the forums it looks like people think eveyone plays swf but I simply don’t think that’s the case,

I played this game since it was released on ps4 I have played solo for majority of the game i have one friend who sometimes play and I found another while playing recently:)

Comments

• OldHunterLight
    OldHunterLight Member Posts: 3,001
    Options

Solo most of the time, unless my brother wants to play and we just play as a 2 man.

• MissKitty95
    Options

That’s cool, what platform do you play on ? & is there a reason into why you play solo is it preferred or your like me and don’t really kno anyone with the game lol

• xBEATDOWNSx
    xBEATDOWNSx Member Posts: 636
    Options

I have played exactly 5 games in a SWF. I prefer solo

• Mooks
    Mooks Member Posts: 14,562
    Options

Mostly solo or 2man swf with a friend. Sometimes we get a third one that played so fun that we added them and occasionally playing together again. But then without any voice comms.

• MissKitty95
    Options

Same , I have played roughly 10 in a full team majority of the time it’s solo or my duo partner, it can be fun in full swf n duo but it’s more peaceful solo lol even though the games can be stressfull :)

• AhoyWolf
    AhoyWolf Member Posts: 4,053
    Options

I don't have friends to play with, so solo mostly, sometimes 1 random guy that facecamped me as Myers comes to play some Survivor with me, but that's it.

• OldHunterLight
    OldHunterLight Member Posts: 3,001
    Options

I play on pc now, and I play solo most of the time because yep lol I don't know anyone to play with, most of my friends don't play dbd.

I also love playing solo because you don't see dumb stuff happening in swf, like I see a lot of dumb stuff happening like epic sandbagging, meme builds, also helps me become a better looper.

Lastly I'm a killer main so I really don't have friends to play with lol

• MissKitty95
    Options

What platform do you play on ? When I play with my duo we have coms but if I play with anyone else I don’t use voice chat, we use psn chat after games to say gg and stuff like that :)

• MissKitty95
    Options

i love this XD least you made a bad situation into a good one :)

• MadLordJack
    MadLordJack Member Posts: 8,814
    Options

Solo.

• xenotimebong
    xenotimebong Member Posts: 2,803
    Options

I used to play exclusively solo. These days it’s a mix of solo, 2 man and 3 man depending on who’s online.

• Mooks
    Mooks Member Posts: 14,562
    Options

i am playing on Steam. (I got the Switch version as well but that is just awful to play, maybe I will try again once cross progress is implemented though)

• TheClownIsKing
    TheClownIsKing Member Posts: 6,278
    Options

Solo.

I tend to be pretty good/pretty ok at stealth but I’ll make sure I’m still useful to the team by being on gens when appropriate.

I’m not particularly great at chases, so I focus my builds on information (usually Bond+Open Handed), or a full outright medic/altruism build (at least Botany Knowledge + Leader)

• landromat
    landromat Member Posts: 2,193
    Options

Solo only. SWF is unfair and unbalanced and every person playing SWF should know it

• JinSime
    JinSime Member Posts: 405
    Options

I don't really play solo anymore, because it's unbearable. Actually, I've been playing this game less and less and now I just play survivor with at least 1 friend. I'd say 90% of the time, since about 2 months ago, I've been playing swf of 2 and it's yet enough of a challenge. Not because of the info swf provides, since I run bond + kindred either way and always have a good idea on what's going on, but I know I can trust at least one person to do objectives and not just use me as a stepping stone to their escape. And even so I have to say that in many matches me and my friend usually complete 2 generators each and it feels like a 3 vs 1 game from the start (I won't deny that sometimes we are lucky and get some amazing teammates, but that's rare). I also won't say I don't screw up, because I also make mistakes, but it's usually when I try to be more aggressive.

When the planets allign and other friends wants to play too, I go with 3 or 4. But we're all average players. I don't know why people think they're going against gods if there's a full swf. It's just less likely there'll be those second or third killers in the game.

• oxygen
    oxygen Member Posts: 3,289
    Options

Both. If I feel like playing survivor and the one person I like playing with is around, it's SWF. Otherwise it's solo.

• Mandy
    Mandy Administrator, Dev, Community Manager Posts: 22,559
    Options

I mostly play solo, it's rare that I play SWF pretty much only on a Saturday I swf for a few matches. Even if solo though, plenty of people think that we're swf due to co-ordination.

• Clevite
    Clevite Member Posts: 4,335
    Options

I used to play only swf, but I am currently doing a solo challenge.

Trying to see how high I can climb as strictly a solo survivor.

Needless to say, my escape rate has dropped drastically.

• DerZuntor
    DerZuntor Member Posts: 293
    Options

I mostly play SWF. I only play solo for dailys or archive challenges.

• Breque
    Breque Member Posts: 427
    Options

Mostly SWF, normally with 2 and sometimes with 3, 4 people almost never because some of mt friend dont like more dbd

• SunderMun
    SunderMun Member Posts: 2,789
    edited November 2020
    Options

I usually duo with a friend, and we just chill and chat while ingame.

I recently met some people who I swf with in between a 2-4, depending who's on, but we don't play with comms at all. Killers still complain about swf though lol

Solo is unplayable majority of the time. That isn't to say that when I do go solo, I don't pip most games, because I do since I can loop and know how to hold M1, but more often than not the game is lost due to randoms literally sitting in the corner of the map with self-care.

• Ryan51090
    Ryan51090 Member Posts: 34
    Options

I play with 3 other people, sometimes it can be really nice and sometimes it can really suck. It definitely helps if you're playing in a group to be in a party chat of some sort. However, occasionally I'll play with one other person and a couple randos and have better luck. It could be because different people have different approaches to different killers and maps and when playing with randos you have to constantly be adjusting.

• Boss
    Boss Member Posts: 13,614
    Options

Solo.

• goatslinger
    goatslinger Member Posts: 522
    Options

solo. I don't like people.

• bm33
    bm33 Member Posts: 8,098
    edited November 2020
    Options

PS4 - mostly solo, if I do SWF it's 2 man. I usually do worse swf because my teammate sucks at listening or any sort of helpful communication. 😂

• Ghouled_Mojo
    Ghouled_Mojo Member Posts: 2,287
    Options

Solo.

• RaSavage42
    RaSavage42 Member Posts: 5,543
    Options

Solo

Unless I get an invite to a party (Xbox)

• NoelleMina
    NoelleMina Member Posts: 638
    Options

I used to play Swf all the time.

Soon found my peace with solo.

• Mert_MK
    Mert_MK Member Posts: 674
    Options

SWF, much more fun

• ReverseVelocity
    ReverseVelocity Member Posts: 3,416
    Options

I usually play 2 man, but solo occasionally. It's nice to have at least one other person to rely on for heals and rescues.

• Moundshroud
    Moundshroud Member Posts: 4,458
    Options

I play with my friends when it is possible, BUT we agree no out of game communications except for talking about Football, politics, dinner, etc. Sadly, we are in the minority when it comes to that. I play a lot more Solo because my friends don't have the same free time that I do currently. :)

• Xyvielia
    Xyvielia Member Posts: 2,415
    Options

Solo 90% of matches

• CashelP14
    CashelP14 Member Posts: 5,564
    Options

Swf. I like to talk which is why I play multiplayer games. Also I prefer players I know are reliable.

• Mew
    Mew Member Posts: 1,829
    Options

both, but usually swf. playing with randoms gives me headaches

• palotheas
    palotheas Member Posts: 118
    Options

Depends on if I've got friends online. If there are any, well usually do some swf. If there's more than 4 we'll do kyf instead. Otherwise I'll just play whatever role has the better queue time.

• Marigoria
    Marigoria Member Posts: 6,090
    Options

Solo

• DeadHardMan
    DeadHardMan Member Posts: 319
    Options

Pretty much only solo for me.

• Xayrlen
    Xayrlen Member Posts: 329
    Options

Only swf with 2 (mostly) or 3 my friends. All these solo experiences I had way before were a complete disorganized nightmare with randoms.

• xBEATDOWNSx
    xBEATDOWNSx Member Posts: 636
    Options

I can't play SWF just because of all the noise. It's the same reason why I can't play squads in PUBG. Too many people talking/ screaming in the mic. It's just too much for me.

• SeeAndWait
    SeeAndWait Member Posts: 94
    Options

solo, except one time.

• NekoGamerX
    NekoGamerX Member Posts: 5,207
    Options

solo only swf feel like cheating.

• DBD78
    DBD78 Member Posts: 3,455
    Options

Solo I'm 43 yrs in two months and most of my friends are 45-55 so they are too old for this kind of game they say. I simply have to play solo.

• EvilMegaMan911
    EvilMegaMan911 Member Posts: 2
    Options

Solo for sure. In my opinion this game is meant to be “little communication” and I find it unfair to communicate through 3rd party apps.

• Blueberry
    Blueberry Member Posts: 13,531
    edited November 2020
    Options

Pretty much only solo. I think playing with swf gives too much of an advantage and it feels like we're bullying people since the game isn't balanced for it.

Per your other comment, the swf rates are actually significantly high, especially the higher rank you go. There's almost always at least a 2 man for sure with a decent chance of 3 or 4 at rank 1.

• Marc_go_solo
    Marc_go_solo Member Posts: 4,943
    edited November 2020
    Options

I much prefer solo. I hate being in SWF for a few reasons:

1. Everybody talking. It just puts me off completely. Destroys any focus. I only like that when all 5 players are on comms, when it feels more appropriate.

2. That one annoying muppet with little-man syndrome who orders everyone around like a general, except they often have the planning skills of Leroy Jenkins.

3. It just defeats the immersiveness of the game. I much prefer the unpredictability.

I have played with players who kept off comms, and that was fine. However, I just feel it makes the game more enjoyable and makes me a better player, than relying on others to boost my rank.

• Shymare_11
    Shymare_11 Member Posts: 494
    Options

Before getting friends, solo. Now, swf. I just want people to talk to while playing cuz I don’t like playing in silence. Tho, I most play customs with friends instead of base. Idrc about the balancing issues with swf I suck too much for it to be a difference.

• ChurchofPig
    ChurchofPig Member Posts: 2,742
    Options

Since I'm a killer main if I ever play survivor it's with a SWF but if I have archive challenges or daily rituals to do I'll do them solo.

• Randomplayer545
    Randomplayer545 Member Posts: 21
    Options

i mostly play swf just increase odds of survival but i am a red rank that does not know how how to 360, in my defense though, im on xbox.

• Dwight_Fairfield
    Dwight_Fairfield Member Posts: 6,794
    Options

Both.

Being exclusively solo is too much to endure with the amount of potatoes out there in solo land.

• Bartlaus
    Bartlaus Member Posts: 1,025
    Options

Im playing most of the time solo cuz I like the challenge. My randoms are usually useless af, but I still reach rank 1 easily. 4 SWF with good people is boring and too easy tbh. If I play with my nooby friends in a swf it will be more worse than solo :'D