Why isn’t it against the rules to leave one person to bleed out?

I’m not talking about accidentally losing someone and having them bleed out, or slugging someone a couple of times and their timer naturally expiring, or survivors who crawl into a corner with no hooks on purpose. I’m talking about killers who down someone, and then stand over their downed body for several minutes until they bleed out.

Why is this acceptable to the devs? It serves absolutely no purpose except to grief someone. It’s rude, it’s toxic and it has no justification in terms of game mechanics. So why is this not bannable?

And please don’t say “well you’ll bleed out eventually”. I don’t think that’s a good justification to allow griefing behaviour. If someone has video evidence of a killer doing this, when it’s clear that they could easily hook the survivor but refuse to, I don’t see how it can possibly be justified.

Comments

• xenotimebong
    xenotimebong Member Posts: 2,803
  • TheClownIsKing
    TheClownIsKing Member Posts: 6,278

I was almost certain that this kind of slugging behaviour is reportable as griefing.

I’m a heavy slugger and know not to do this. The ONLY instance I’ve been in where I’ve just stood there by their dying body is when they’re the absolute last survivor and they thought they were being clever crawling to a corner with a hook dead zone. I kind of have no choice but to leave them there and I’ve got nowhere else to go because I’ve already closed the hatch.

• xenotimebong

Well everything is a part of the game until it isn’t. Hatch stand offs used to be a part of the game. Survivors holding the game hostage by creeping around and refusing to do gens is a part of the game.

Not being able to determine ill intent is a fair point though. I’d be happy if they just removed this situation altogether. They’ve eliminated many frustrating situations in the past, with new mechanics like EGC, and they’ve made the game better for doing it.

• MadLordJack
    MadLordJack Member Posts: 8,814

Because it's too difficult an issue to fix. Used to be that you could just DC if you didn't want the points, but we all know why that changed. Now your only choice is to get bullied.

Personally I think that deliberately wasting that much time, spiting even yourself because you don't get rewarded for it, should be considered holding the game hostage and treated accordingly.

• xenotimebong

Yeah, I have no problem with slugging as a gameplay mechanic, I slug a lot too and there are situations where survivors kind of force you bleed them out like you mentioned. I have no issue with stuff like that, I’m not complaining about slugging in general since there are ways around it most of the time and it’s a normal part of gameplay.

But slugging the last person and refusing to pick them up as a form of BM is really pathetic and it shouldn’t be in the game at this point, in my opinion. Especially when disconnect penalties are live.

• iZombie
    iZombie Member Posts: 231

I think if you’re the last person alive and the hatch is closed, then the entity should just kill you. That way you don’t have to just lie on the floor and wait to bleed out. Similar to how the last survivor can’t struggle on the hook anymore. I don’t see why this is any different.

• xenotimebong

100% agreed. They’ve removed most of the other “wasting everyone’s time” scenarios from the game, this one needs to go too IMO.

• iZombie
    iZombie Member Posts: 231

It’s also beneficial for both sides as sometimes slugged survivors want to waste the killers time by waiting in a corner to bleed out. There’s no reason for it to be in the game other than a way to try to annoy somebody else.

• PanicSquid
    PanicSquid Member Posts: 655

I think there should be a mechanic to speed up bleeding out if you desire to leave a game. Something like: after spending 45 consecutive seconds on the ground you get an option to press the spacebar to bleed out at 2-3x the speed.

This way a killer could still slug in the match, they could still slug for the 4k, but there is a reasonable time limit and slugging everyone to death would be less annoying.

• xenotimebong

Yep, and if the survivor on the ground gets the silent bug they can be easily missed even if they don’t want to crawl into a corner to waste time.

• TAG
    TAG Member Posts: 12,871
    edited November 2020

Mori spamming could last for much much longer than 4 minutes, if I understand it correctly. That I would imagine is much more comparable to holding a player hostage, whereas this is closer to body blocking a Survivor wearing an active Reverse Bear Trap.

• Xpljesus
    Xpljesus Member Posts: 395

Already came out with a solution to this I posted on the forums months ago. When you are 95%+ recovered, you can hold M2 to bleedout 2x as fast. Cannot be used to grief, just deals with this ######### situation

• CashelP14
    CashelP14 Member Posts: 5,564

That level of griefing should be reportable but unfortunately the devs don't want to hand out bans for something as rare as that.

There's also the fact that at times you need to do this. Maybe your worried about DS, no hooks nearby, you may know they have flip-flop + unbreakable and also end game collapse challenge.

Tbh if even they said it was reportable they never look at their reports anyway. I've sent 3 reports within the past 3 weeks and none of them have been viewed on YouTube. Since YouTube shows your views and my videos are unlisted I can tell exactly when they're seen. It's funny because Overwatch and Fortnite actually will ban players within 5 minutes of the report on some occasions.

• Unifall
    Unifall Member Posts: 747

Same reason killers camp or tunnel. Maybe you made the killer upset or they're just like that. Its the same reason why t bagging the killer isn't bannable. If you're ever caught in a situation like that go grab a snack or play on your phone. It shouldn't be bannable.

• SMitchell8
    SMitchell8 Member Posts: 3,302

The survivor probably looped the killer for 4 minutes and wasted there time, thus the killer returns the favour.

• Nosferatu3145
    Nosferatu3145 Member Posts: 542

If this would be applied to survivors who slug away only to not be hooked, then yes, it should be a bannable offense

• xenotimebong

Teabagging isn’t really comparable because teabagging does absolutely nothing to stop anyone playing the game. That’s more comparable to smacking someone on the hook - most people agree it’s BM but it doesn’t impact the actual gameplay.

• hillbillyclaudmain69
    hillbillyclaudmain69 Member Posts: 1,528

The survivor is just doing their job if they loop the killer. The killer is avoiding doing their job to grief with this. This isn't "returning the favor" and it should be bannable.

• Thatgurl_again
    Thatgurl_again Member Posts: 287

I like how killer mains here are totally ok with it. This is different, they are letting them bleed out and one way of getting out of it. Don't compare it to Ds, camping, or tunneling cause its not the same. Here are my reasons

Ds: 5 second stun. (You'll be fine), let the timer run out ( ez counter)

Camping: at least the survivors can kill themselves on hook and get it over with.

Tunneling: The survivor has things to work with, and at least they can fight for their life somewhat

This camp slug has no wiggle room and the survivor has absolute no counter play

bUt UnBrEaKaBlE- no because the killer can still down you and boom perk slot wasted

nO mItHeR- the killer wouldn't slug you to begin with tho

The only counter to this is...

Bum bum bum

Soul guard!!

(But the killer needs to have a hex perk going so the odds arent always with you)

So yeah, not much counter to this scenario.

:D

• Jacoby2041
    Jacoby2041 Member Posts: 843

If the last survivor is down they should be able to surrender to the entity so we don't have the super long slug situations. Or just make them die after 30-60 seconds of not getting up or being picked up. And if the killer is slugging several people like that then it should allow them all to surrender if there's 0 hope for them

• Unifall
    Unifall Member Posts: 747

My point is a killer who forces a survivor to bleed out shouldn't be bannable. It can be easily exploited. Its just silly.

• Mdawgu
    Mdawgu Member Posts: 408

Just go make a sandwich for 4 mins. Then the killer is just wasting their time.

• sudintlink
    sudintlink Member Posts: 188

Sometimes killers use it to wait to activate blood warden so maybe thats why but if you die from bleeding out then their just being toxic but being toxic doesn't get you banned

• DrHg
    DrHg Member Posts: 37

you don't like me waiting for you to bleed out just to make you salty and then complain about it in forum ? HAHA good good

• SMitchell8
    SMitchell8 Member Posts: 3,302

The killer paid for the game, they can play how they want within the rules. I've never let a killer bleed out but if it's what they want to do, so be it. Not exactly minus 500 iq after all little miss bitter.

• Raptorrotas
    Raptorrotas Member Posts: 3,237

Better solution would be a surrender option, vote or enforced surrender as soon as all survivors are definitely incapacitated. ( or a 15seconds timer, if survivors can endure that wasted time).

I mean it already happens when all are hooked. All of them being downed should atleast give the surrender option/vote.

Just giving a survivor the possibility of killing themselves fastet will just lead to more ragequits like they already happen on hooks.

• coldchary2468
    coldchary2468 Member Posts: 1

I do this because it lures in survivors and the healing animation longer then the hook one so I can just hit them or they can ignore me

• EvanSnowWolf
    EvanSnowWolf Member Posts: 1,583

At no point should there be a rule mandating behavior of what you MUST do.

• BubbaDredge
    BubbaDredge Member Posts: 815

The same reason it's not against the rules to spend an entire trial hiding in a corner?

It's a game where players want to have choices. I don't understand all the choices, but if you want an opponent that's predictable you need to play something against a bot. Players are the variable.

For the record, wasting people's time to be an ######### is f-ing ridiculous. The only time I've ever had a survivor bleed out is when I couldn't find them, and I felt a little bad that time.

• Exerath1992
    Exerath1992 Member Posts: 1,035
    edited April 2021

I mean, the killer is standing there doing nothing too. Its a bit rude, for sure. But it's just like when the survivors open the exit gate and stand there until EGC almost kills them, knowing the killer isn't gonna go over there. Wasting time to assert dominance. Not cool, but no way to penalize it because intent isn't quantifiable.

• DemonDaddy
    DemonDaddy Member Posts: 4,167

Your being killed, don't expect it to be pleasant.

If someone is subjecting themselves to the killer role, I expect them to play in the most self rewarding way.

• Seraphor
    Seraphor Member Posts: 9,213

Holding the game hostage is against the rules.

Devs have said that the bleedout timer is there to prevent you taking the game hostage, because you will bleed out ad die. So the bleedout timer is deemed a sufficiently short time to not count as 'taking the game hostage'.

• ShinobuSK
    ShinobuSK Member Posts: 5,279

4 minutes? Probably would go out for a smoke or watch some YT

• Jasix
    Jasix Member Posts: 1,245

Hate to break it to you but keeping survivors at madness tier 3 - is what Doctors can do and is not considered taking the game hostage. Tier 3 Madness is how Doctors stop gen progression and frankly if every survivor is stupid enough to get to tier 3 and stay close - that's on them!

• dezzmont
    dezzmont Member Posts: 481
    edited April 2021

The devs seem to have some sort of allergy to any sort of reasonable concession mechanic that doesn't allow one side to BM for multiple minutes.

EGC was the weakest way they could implement to stop survivors holding the game hostage once gens were done and doesn't solve the problem at 1 gen. Bleedout is weak, and now suicide on hook is weak.

Obviously you don't want to encourage that sorta play, but it does really stink that A: the killer is punished so heavily for survivors giving up when its outside of their control, and B: ALL players are forced to play out games no one wants to play out.

Definitely shouldn't be solved by bans, structurally systematized solutions are the only way to go here, and ones that don't affect normal play or encourage giving up first down, but something like an EGC 2.0 would really help DBD a lot, this time without the clear design intent to let survivors teabag for 2 minutes at the gate or creating a situation where the killer is encouraged to slug and just be a jerk.

Ideally, the killer should care way less about the 4th hook overall, both because it helps stop the 3rd man slug, and because the game is at its healthiest when a lone survivor is allowed to be selfish and win 'with' the killer by playing to 2 gens and the hatch rather than escaping together.

• ggezbaby
    ggezbaby Member Posts: 404

probably because it’s only 4 minutes til bleed out. yeah, I know you said not to say “you’ll eventually bleed out” but it’s just true, and that’s why it’s not bannable.

• IWasLeft2Die
    IWasLeft2Die Member Posts: 2,405

4 minutes is that long tbh. Survivor wait timed are longer (typically)

• Mysterynovus
    Mysterynovus Member Posts: 318

Can't be against the rules if those rules only exist in your head.

Someone slugging like that isn't a bannable offense in any form. It's boring to go against, but boring tactics aren't something to ban someone for.

• Yords
    Yords Member Posts: 5,781