The reason why toxicity exists is because in fact it is fun?

We have toxicity-related threads every single day and you guys do not understand that it is actually fun

in a game about total carnage of bloodbath can you expect unicorns and rainbows? embrace toxicity

meh...

Best Answer

• HittingOnHook
    HittingOnHook Member Posts: 486
    Answer ✓

well these are 2 different things:

1. Playing toxic style is fun; you are free since DBD is about being a killer you are meant to act harsh and it makes DBD pretty unique
    2. Insulting is an universal unacceptable behavior regardless the game, so you can report these abusers

Sportmanship is ok for streamers and championships but for chilling and having laughers it is great being toxic killer/surv, in fact, playing with such sportmanship is so boring; you are pretty much working more than playing, repeating everything like a robot meh....

Answers

• HittingOnHook

I like your deep analysis, it is true humans are now kinda toxic in society therefore it is translated into the game :)

Facing toxic survivors is way more fun cuz they are more challenging and have more funny interactions, I am sure I am not alone

• Deadeye
    Deadeye Member Posts: 3,627

I disagree. The funny interactions/memes are mostly not toxic and very rare because most killers don't join with that and simply take the free hit. And tbaggin/clicky at dropped pallets is not in any way funny to me, just repetitive

• HittingOnHook
    edited November 2020

well we have different personalities then, I have big laughers with all that and I am more focused on punishing pesky survs than sportmen ones

• SoylentPixie
    SoylentPixie Member Posts: 1,192

I think that's the point though dude. You pretty much answered your own question there. Differing personalities will have different responses to toxicity. Some people find it to be the icing on the cake, others don't and simply wont embrace it.

• HittingOnHook

indeed, I am sure I am not alone, but some users are afraid of what others will think about them / reputation so won't admit it meh

• xenotimebong
    xenotimebong Member Posts: 2,803

I think it depends on your definition of toxicity.

OP, I assume you’re talking about stuff like flashlight clicking, teabagging, doing dumb stuff like DSing a killer then jumping in a locker and stunning them again with Head On. Or as killer, pretending to give a survivor the hatch then shutting it, or nodding at someone you just downed and slapping them on the hook. Things that a lot of people call “toxic” but that is just stupid gameplay stuff, not actual toxicity like telling someone to die in post-game chat. If so then yes, that kind of stuff can be fun to a lot of people.

• BioX
    BioX Member Posts: 1,378

its the opposite, toxicity comes from frustration, thats it.

Same reason racism etc flares up when a country is not doing well economically, people are unhappy, need someone to blame, need to vent, boom racism etc reborn.

In this game, people are treated like crap by people who dish out what they received themselves, endless cycle.

• Squirrel_Thicc
    Squirrel_Thicc Member Posts: 2,677

No, this is the real world. We as players don't live in the dbd universe. You need a juicy sip of reality.

• BigTimeGamer
    BigTimeGamer Member Posts: 1,752

I just enjoy BMing

WoW, Halo, DBD, if it’s pvp I’ll do it

Now tell me how this makes me a terrible human being I guess

• Penfighter
    Penfighter Member Posts: 42

There is a fine line for "What's fun for me is totally okay for me to do in game." I get it, if teabagging at pallets and slapping folks on hooks is fun for you, that's one thing. That doesn't make the game toxic, imo. I usually just nod a little and resume the chase.

Toxic is face camping at a hook, watching one die while three escape. You basically just ruined the fun for everyone. This is a CHASE game and you are refusing to participate (not you, specifically, OP, IDK if face camping is on your list of acceptable toxicity or not). I'm a Killer Main, myself, so it is really frustrating when I do choose to play Survivor to have so many matches just be a waste of time. Its actually not fun to just sit there and do generators while someone slowly dies on hook. Its even less fun to be on the hook, looking at Ghostface tea bag you while he face camps. The player doing this might think he's being a decent troll but in the end, we all know its because they are just not good at chasing.

• Leachy_Jr
    Leachy_Jr Member Posts: 2,196

If you find making other people feel bad about themselves "fun", then you really need to rethink how you enjoy things and possibly consider another hobby, eg playing single players that don't involve interacting with others.

This applies to everyone, no one is excluded.

• bjorksnas
    bjorksnas Member Posts: 5,480
    edited November 2020

Why did you ask a question, answer it yourself and accept the answer

Thats like inventing a new type of award, asking for participants then giving it to yourself in front of them

• Elena
    Elena Member Posts: 2,187

mhm, and this is coming from the person who I thought was a decent human being despite our disagreements on the forums occasionally. What a shame my first impressions were wrong

• BigTimeGamer
    BigTimeGamer Member Posts: 1,752

you clearly don't understand what bait is

I hardly even play this game anymore lmao, just keep up and play whenever a new patch come or if friends hmu

• Randomplayer545
    Randomplayer545 Member Posts: 21

toxicity exists because some people just love making other people angry

• HittingOnHook

I knew I wasn't alone, thanks brave guy to speak honestly, nowadays honesty it is not trending

Being toxic or playing against toxic players is more fun, get more physical, more interaction, more EMOTIONS, do not forget this is just a game