I shouldn't have to depip to complete a tome challenge but here we are.

JHondo
JHondo Member Posts: 1,174
edited November 2020 in General Discussions

Let's talk about this Hillbilly "Country Livin" challenge shall we? With how hard it is to even hit a chainsaw at high ranks unless you are a god with Billy or manage to luck out with a team of potatoes this challenge is completely ridiculous. Add on the new resource management that Billy has with the fantastic overheat feature this challenge is a recipe for aggravation.

Comments

• tippy2k2
    tippy2k2 Member Posts: 5,178

I hate Billy. I've never liked using him as I find that everyone else can be a God with the chainsaw while I flail around like a goldfish whose bowl just fell off the counter and smashed on the ground...

I ended up getting it thanks to my favorite troll killing perk; Blood Warden!

The two survivors either didn't notice or didn't bother to run as I chainsawed one down and then got the other one trying to run out of the gated area once they realized their oopsy.

Not sure if that will help you but that was my trick

• JHondo
    JHondo Member Posts: 1,174

After 5 games I got it done using lopro chains and somehow lucking out with a team of semi potatoes but on the previous 4 games as red against a wall of red I was getting so damn angry.

I'm a defense killer main, I do best with Hag and Trapper so playing Billy is soooo hard for me to begin with.

• Boaris030
    Boaris030 Member Posts: 145

i don't play billy often but I'm decent with him, brought a speed limiter for it and everything, got it in like 2-3 games (yay) but I hate challenges like this, 30 seconds is such a short time frame when downing a survivor can take much longer than that if they're decent, and this does not account for finding them fast enough

• Aven_Fallen
    Aven_Fallen Member Posts: 16,084
    edited November 2020

Seems I am a god with Billy. Noice.

It isnt that hard. I got it in my first try, but before I had a game where I messed up a lot (I did the Enduring-Challenge with Billy as well). The Overheat is still not noticeable.

The only thing that was difference was that I did not go for M1s when I could, because I wanted to get the second Chainsaw-Hit in.

And if the Challenge takes longer... I mean, it is called "challenge" for a reason and there is plenty of time to do this Tome Level before Level 3 comes out. And I rather have those Challenges than "Hit 25 Survivors with your Chainsaw" over multiple matches.

• Reinami
    Reinami Member Posts: 5,442

Rank 1 here, 1.4k hours.

Did it on my first try, in fact, first 2 chainsaw hits of the game too. It's much easier if you use the chains to continue going through a pallet.

• LiunUK
    LiunUK Member Posts: 944

infectious fright helps

• Steel_Eyed
    Steel_Eyed Member Posts: 4,033

No problem finishing this challenge. Rank 1 killer. I was worried about it too but got it pretty much right off the bat. No tricks. Just playing Hillbilly.

• ChantyBoi
    ChantyBoi Member Posts: 179

While doing that challenge I managed to 4k with a speed limiter. No idea how.

• MrPenguin
    MrPenguin Member Posts: 2,425
    edited November 2020

I play Billy once in a blue moon or less, guess I'm a god since I can hit the saw. He's really not difficult but maybe that's just a me thing.

However yes the challenges can be a little silly with what they ask, 30 seconds is not very long.

• Karaage
    Karaage Member Posts: 340

I did it on my first try, with speed limiter. Hitting same survivor twice is much easier than finding two survivors near each other (I don't have Infectious Fright on my Billy).

• Vampirox
    Vampirox Member Posts: 411

Imagine still caring about the Pip System. it doesn't mean anything other than the fact you put hours into the game.

• Crowman
    Crowman Member Posts: 9,386

While 30 seconds isn't that long, it's still pretty long for dbd. When I did the challenge I must have scored the 2nd chainsaw hit after downing a survivor and hooking them first before chainsawing to the next survivor I saw on BBQ.

• WestX
    WestX Member Posts: 120

There's a pretty simple solution to this. Make it obvious to the survivors that you're not there to kill them and they'll just let you get the hits in. Sure its less fun, but its way quicker.

I've done that for most of the Hillbilly challenges. But now for my survivor challenges I need done it feels like I'm going to need to depip because killers are too try hard at my current rank to do some of the stuff I need.

• Yords
    Yords Member Posts: 5,781

Man, ever since they changed his movement, I have not been able to land the easiest chainsaws. It is so clunky and weird. Even OhTofu stopped playing him all the time because of it.

• Katie_met
    Katie_met Member Posts: 422

I'd either use infectious fright or the addon that makes your chainsaw silent after hitting someone with it. Maybe use discordance too so you know when there are groups of people together.

• CashelP14
    CashelP14 Member Posts: 5,564

I needed Infectious fright to do it. I didn't derank and I'm a terrible Billy. Took two games but here's my advice.

1. Don't use that terrible very rare add-on that decreases your speed to 4.4mls
    2. Infectious Fright
    3. Enduring + Spirit Fury
    4. Add-on that decreases charge speed after a stun
    5. Bamboozle

This forces survivors to deal with your chainsaw while also allowing you to chain downs quickly together.

• Randomplayer545
    Randomplayer545 Member Posts: 21

well ranking doesn't even matter anymore, grey ranks are actually going against purple and red ranks ON THEIR FIRST MATCH, normal matchmaking is a complete stranger to this game, but for some reason we can't get enough of it

• Tricks
    Tricks Member Posts: 957

Getting rift tasks done as killer is far easier than Survivor. all you have to do is indicate that you want to farm and don't actually want to kill and they clue on to the fact your doing a rift task and are more often than not happy to oblige.

• madamretto
    madamretto Member Posts: 364

When I saw this challenge the first time, I already knew that I would farm, because no way I'll succeed with how bad I am with Billy.

• Tricks
    Tricks Member Posts: 957

cool good idea I'll give that a shot. slam into a survivor on a gen with tinker for first hit then second should be relatively easy.

• gibblywibblywoo
    gibblywibblywoo Member Posts: 3,772

Ugh. I still have just the Billy killer ones left and I dunno if I can be bothered. I lost interest in Billy years ago and recent attempts to play him have gone badly due to his weird movement (and I know I'm not alone in thinking they messed with his movement). The headbob also irritates me.

That and I find the chainsaw almost impossible to control on PC. Even with using Q and E to steer and lowering the key sensitivity. It's just too insanely sensitive compared to controller.