Just a small idea I had and I would like feedback

This is just a small simple idea since a few other games I play have it as well and that is, since we have cross play in dbd would it be possible/a good idea to make a way for console players to access a version of the ptb and allow them to give feedback and problems that might be on console?

Comments

• Malum_Midnight
    Malum_Midnight Member Posts: 366

I dont think that’s a BHVR issue as it is an issue of consoles themselves

• Mr_Lemon
    Mr_Lemon Member Posts: 74

Like I said it was mainly just an idea that would possibly make things either more helpful or just be a quality of life thing for the console communities at most it would provide proof of bugs and other things they don't find like with the ps4 no one knew the frame rate was gonna be low until the update was put in effect, at least it would just be access to the ptb for console players and just be for quality purposes and nothing else.

• ALostPuppy
    ALostPuppy Member Posts: 3,398

Would be a cool thing to have console players be able to access the PTB.

But the thing that would be even cooler is if BHVR actually put this PTB to good use, and actually got us to test new things and get some actual feedback. Because all the PTBs are right now are these small periods where they get to tease the new content and attempt to patch out any bugs that they can in 3 weeks before the update hits live. Feedback has been mostly pointless. They have this test build where they could do literally anything and it wouldn't matter, and people could choose to download and test it. Then they could actually take in some feedback and suggestions and put those changes in a later patch if they're happy with it.

• Tactless_Ninja
    Tactless_Ninja Member Posts: 1,791

Console has closed betas all the time. Download a seperate version and play that.

• RaSavage42
    RaSavage42 Member Posts: 5,546

It's a decision that BHVR can't control

• iZombie
    iZombie Member Posts: 231

I would love for this to happen. It’s such a tease having to watch streamers play in the PTB whilst having to wait weeks to be able to enjoy the new chapter.

I’m hoping it’s something that does eventually come to console. PUBG has a PTB available on PS4 and they also have a cool feature that lets you know what platform people are playing on instead of the generic globe icon that we currently have.

• NomiNomad
    NomiNomad Member Posts: 3,178

As others have said, it's not really up to BHVR. It would be awesome but at the end of the day it's up to Sony and Microsoft.

• Randomplayer545
    Randomplayer545 Member Posts: 21

its not a bad idea but i can imagine some issues like some SERIOUS bugs and glitches and exploits

• MadLordJack
    MadLordJack Member Posts: 8,814

The PTB runs on Steam, using a beta test program. It's not even available for all PC users, just Steam users. If they were impliment a full beta, it would be akin to running two games at once.

• TheClownIsKing
    TheClownIsKing Member Posts: 6,278

Sony have a lengthy approval process for changes/updates and new programs.

And seeing as a PTB would need to be a separate app to DBD, BHVR have already stated how cumbersome and problematic it would be to apply to Sony for review BOTH a PTB update AND and official update.