Until Dawn... Who would you want as the Survivor?

Options

With all this speculation and such about Chapter 18 possibly being Until Dawn, who would you want the survivor to be? Now personally, I don't think this next one is going to be licensed, at least not Until Dawn. It could be a Wendigo, sure, but I doubt it is from that game.

Nonetheless, the speculation and rumors got me thinking about the game more and how much I enjoyed it. (I've played it probably three times through, at least.) If it is/was UD, we would all know who the killer is (I won't say spoilers since it is a big one.) so that is covered. But who would you want to see as the Survivor?

I'm expecting a lot of Sam, and I can't deny she's popular. Though, I personally see Meg having the perks I would see someone like her having. Personally, I'd like to see Josh, Emily, or even Beth.

How about ya'll?

(Topic is just for fun given all the talk about Until Dawn, and isn't another speculation thread. Just more of a "what-if?")

Comments

• gibblywibblywoo
    gibblywibblywoo Member Posts: 3,772
    edited November 2020
    Options

Mike. Everyone thought he was gonna be a meathead chad and he turned out to be the best character in the game.

They'll all probably look weird though because they all used facial/motion capture and I doubt they'll get the likenesses.

• RamiSamii
    RamiSamii Member Posts: 173
    Options

Agreed with you there on all of it! I definitely would love Emily or Josh. They were honestly my favorites. I think Emily would be a great offensive character with some useful perks both in and out of chase, given her character traits in her game.

Sam definitely does have the most skin potential though, given her several outfit changes in the game - but so does Josh! I would definitely wear her towel the most probably for the memes lol

• gibblywibblywoo
    gibblywibblywoo Member Posts: 3,772
    Options

That's what you get for not simping for the best girl.

• TheClownIsKing
    TheClownIsKing Member Posts: 6,278
    Options

The only issue with Sam as a survivor is that BHVR would also need to license Hayden’s likeness in conjunction with the Until Dawn license.

• RamiSamii
    Options

I doubt they'd even be able to get that far with how Sony is with their licenses. Very greedy, especially since it is an exclusive to PS4. Though, they were able to capture Steve and Nancy decently enough to where they're identifiable in the face. I'm sure with a lot of effort if they were somehow able to get their likeness that they'd do an alright job. I'm more worried about character's voices than anything... I still can't stand Steve's lol

• OldHunterLight
    OldHunterLight Member Posts: 3,001
    Options

Oh man, when I messed up my playthrough and she closed the door, I tried my hardest to kill Ashley and succeeded.

• Jacoby2041
    Jacoby2041 Member Posts: 843
    Options

Flamethrower guy!

• GoodBoyKaru
    GoodBoyKaru Member Posts: 22,652
    Options

Why would I simp for any girl when I can simp for a guy 😌

• GoodBoyKaru
    Options

Just open the hatch 6head we know wendigos are everywhere and can mimic speech but split up from the group and open the hatch that's so smart of you

• OldHunterLight
    Options

That is what I did, I wanted Chris alive but technically Ashley got Chris.

And I also had Jessica die because of an accident so when Ash said Jessica I was like revenge!!!!!

• BumpEmOff99
    BumpEmOff99 Member Posts: 52
    Options

Emily was a beach

• GoodBoyKaru
    Options

Honestly I was shooketh the first time I saw Jess alive lmao

• ohheyitsbobcat
    ohheyitsbobcat Member Posts: 1,661
    Options

Mike or Sam would probably fit the best. Not really sure though as it's been a while since I've played it so I don't remember the characters all that well.

• Superyoshiegg
    Superyoshiegg Member Posts: 1,481
    Options

Matt, because he's shaped like a friend.

• Xyvielia
    Xyvielia Member Posts: 2,415
    Options

Mike & Jessica

• Fog_King
    Fog_King Member Posts: 688
    Options

I would love if it was Emily or Beth, but Sam is probably the obvious choice.

• Elena
    Elena Member Posts: 2,187
    Options

If Sam were the survivor, I would expect her perks to be similar to Meg's (or at least exhaustion perks) as both Meg and Sam were athletes.

• OldHunterLight
    Options

She can live the fall right? I only played it once.

I was surprised to see Mike not die on the wendigo attack when he gets his infinite shotgun.

• noctis129
    noctis129 Member Posts: 967
    Options

I want the hottest chick w the B-chiest attitude.

• Rareware0192
    Rareware0192 Member Posts: 360
    Options

I feel like they would go Sam or Mike as they kind of seemed like the main hero characters near the end. I’d honestly be fine with either.

• skynightjourney
    skynightjourney Member Posts: 128
    Options

The homie Chris for sure, I’d love to see him in the game. If not Chris then Matt or Sam, but I’d be happy with anyone to be honest.

• GoodBoyKaru
    Options

Yeah if you go both rushed ways and hit the QTEs (aha aha I ######### them all) she survives the fall, otherwise she gets her jaw ripped off by the wendigo and is dead before she drops.

• itsaconehead
    itsaconehead Member Posts: 236
    Options

Josh, he was interesting...messed up obviously, but interesting as a character. He definitely carried his past with him and held a grudge, can't blame the guy though he lost both sisters.

Ashley because I simp hard for her.

Mike, as much as I love Markiplier, he was so nasty about Mike for no reason. He did come across as a mean guy at the start, but he was actually a good guy.

• OldHunterLight
    Options

No wonder, I believe I actually took the safe way twice because I didn't wanted someone to die, as you know I'm an idiot and got 4 killed.

• GoodBoyKaru
    Options

Bruh I missed a qte and sat there replaying 3 hours of gameplay just because I wanted to save jess and almost ######### missed it again lmao, I had to go through and have the QTEs literally written down in front of me so I wouldn't miss them x)

• abeehlha
    abeehlha Member Posts: 4
    Options

Love to see Mike & Jessica cause i love, but there so interesting for the Lore of the game see Matt and Jessica, more for the lore of the game, ex: they running into the mines, and a wendigo chase they, and the entity catch Matt and Jessica.

if until dawn gonna be a new chapter, they can put Mike, Matt and Jessica the new survivors and Hannah new killer and the rest of characters a legendary skin and behaviour take all my money and both sides are happy.

really i'm dreaming with this everyday, jess is a survivor i need, and all her skins.

• Cornpopers_Evan
    Cornpopers_Evan Member Posts: 2,428
    Options

Without a doubt Sam.

• Jb94
    Jb94 Member Posts: 209
    Options

Emily would be first pick, Chris second.

Emily legitimately gets some of the best sequences in the game and unlike a lot of the other characters she really puts up a good fight. I think her mean streak mixed with her oddly redemptive survival instinct would make her a pretty unique survivor (Sam and Mike are such generic protagonist characters and there are already dbd survs who fill those roles).

As for Chris, he's goofy.

• indieeden7
    indieeden7 Member Posts: 3,349
    Options

Ashley, she basically has prestige already in Until Dawn

• RamiSamii
    Options

Agreed 100% on Emily. Her sequence of escaping the mines is hands down my favorite. Her or Josh would be my picks for a survivor tbh.

• LethalPugy
    LethalPugy Member Posts: 493
    Options

In my opinion it would have to be Emily or Jess. They fit with the most survivory vibe. Like that’s why they chose Nancy for Dbd. And Steve is really popular so he got put in aswell.

• Volfawott
    Volfawott Member Posts: 3,893
    Options

Jess- Honestly my favourite character would be the person I want to be in Dead by daylight the most it would also be nice for someone to fit the preppy girl archetype as a survivor. She's proven that she could survive messed up situations even when severely injured and alone.

I could definitely see them making perks that reflect around how she was able to survive when in the mine shaft by herself and messed up.

It would be nice to have some more injured based perks.

You could also throw in a lone wolf perk

My idea would be two injured based perks and one Lone Wolf perfect just helps you out when you're so low

Matt - A little bit skittish but definitely someone who steps up and tries to protect those around them he tries to save Emily and can help and protect Jess for the mines. Definitely my second favourite to add to the game.

I could definitely see some good altruism perks from him.

You can even give him a perk that would allow him to to assist or help carry people who are in the dying state. Getting them to locations faster then if they were crawling for example may be at walking speed.

A perk that reflects teamwork would also be nice

Emily- skilled and decent survival and one of the only three to actually survive when isolated for a decent period of time the others being Mike and Jess.

You could definitely make a lot of Solo survivor or Lone Wolf perks around her. Not things that actively screw over your own team but stuff that focuses more on your own survival.

Josh - on my list of survivors that would be good in Dead by daylight. Less because of anything he does more because I feel like the idea of having a survivor that is presented as the antagonist is a very fun idea the closest we have to this is David but he's kind of just a douchebag with a heart of gold.

Mike - honestly I don't mind him he's kind of just your generic mean protagonist he's basically discount Nathan Drake (hahaha) definitely would be in top 5 to be in Dead by daylight though

Chris - honestly a pretty cool character don't think I would want to see him in Dead by daylight but if he was chosen I couldn't complain.

Sam- I legitimately don't get why everybody likes her so much she didn't practically nothing until the ending of the story 90% of her character arc is resolved around her taking a bath.

She also encounters the windigo the least out of the other characters. ( Mike Jess and Emily dealing with it the most)

Legitimately the only interesting thing about her is the fact out she's voiced and modelled off of Hayden Panettiere.

Ashley- I hate this character with a burning passion least liked character and the only reason I would like her in Dead by daylight is so I could equip a mori every time she's around and yes it will be first hook mori

• GoodBoyKaru
    Options

I want Sam in the game because running away from a killer and tbagging them in a towel would be ######### hilarious. That's the only reason.

Jess deserved more screen time :)