Dear survivors, PLEASE run DS

I know some of us hate running it, myself included, but I'm getting tired of games with no obsession and the killers just camp and tunnel like there is no tomorrow and it's getting old. Please just for everyones sake please start running ds more even if you don't like it

Comments

• Randomplayer545
    Randomplayer545 Member Posts: 21

I would run ds more if killers didn't sense I have it and that goes for unbreakable too, I have had so many games were every time I bring ds or unbreakable that i don't even see them as perks any more, now I just see them as waste of a perk slot.

(personal opinion though)

• MadLordJack
    MadLordJack Member Posts: 8,814

No. I get too bored with it and I don't want to fall into bad habits. Also, killers tunnel more in games with an obsession than in games without, at least in my region, so there's reason number 3. Not sure why, but I'm also not going to argue.

• JHondo
    JHondo Member Posts: 1,174

This would be nice too since "Escape a trial as the obsession" and "hook the obsession x number of times" are now recurring tome challenges. I shouldn't have to run OoO or rely on using For the People to cheese it as Survivor or rely on players that bring DS or run Killer obsession perks especially when I hate running obsession perks on Killer or Survivor.

• OmegaXII
    OmegaXII Member Posts: 2,191

No. DS is boring and unfair, and i haven't unlocked it yet. I would rather bring spine chill, small game, detective hunch, wglf.

• carnage4u
    carnage4u Member Posts: 338

The only time I get hard tunneled hard, is when another random survivor unhooks me without borrowed time in front of the killer, and the killer chooses me instead of the other person. Then I get hooked right away, and another survivor unhooks me a second later without borrowed time, so i get off the hook and die right away.

These are moments that make me think very unpure thoughts.

honestly I find that I get tunneled maybe 1 out of 20 games so I don't run DS. I really really hate that 1 in 20 game, but it is not common for me.

• Boss
    Boss Member Posts: 13,614

Well if Killers camp and tunnel cause there's no Obsession, you don't need Decisive Strike specifically.

Any Obsession Perk would do.

• xenofon13
    xenofon13 Member Posts: 1,241

23 survivor builds, 23 DS's.

For those who say "No", most of them are killer mains.

Get tunneled nerds.

• JinSime
    JinSime Member Posts: 405

I don't play with at less than a friend now. The friend I usually play with run DS (and she is tunneled even more times than I am). I hate having to use DS myself, but I understand there needs to be an obsession in the game, so if she uses a character that doesn't have it, I use it. But I'd rather use my aura reading perks.

• Iron
    Iron Member Posts: 241

I find ds boring, I would rather actually try to have fun in chase. I'll run some other obsession perk if any.

• SleepyWillo
    SleepyWillo Member Posts: 2,197

Isnt running both small game and detectives hunch kinda overkill?

• Mew
    Mew Member Posts: 1,832

no

ill run bloodpact instead

• noctis129
    noctis129 Member Posts: 967

I don't get tunneled much unless the other survivors put the killer into that situation.

I get camped for looping the killer though.

But every survivor who thinks they get tunneled every game should run DS, camaraderie, kindred, and open hand.

But they don't run it, why? I have no idea.

• Sonzaishinai
    Sonzaishinai Member Posts: 7,976

Hoping for a cool new obsession perk today

• Kebek
    Kebek Member Posts: 3,676

I've never really needed DS and I don't mind the extra attention from the killer so I'll pass. Although my teammates going down every 30s each could definetly use it, they seem like it could be of great benefit to them.

• bm33
    bm33 Member Posts: 8,159

Couldn't you just run an obsession perk if you don't like not having an obsession during a match? Why do the other survivors need to run the obsession perk?

• xenotimebong
    xenotimebong Member Posts: 2,803

Just run it yourself. I do even though I find it a boring perk because I’d rather have an Obsession in the match. Seems pretty stupid that I feel the need to run a perk I don’t enjoy and really don’t want to use, but it is what it is.

• SunderMun
    SunderMun Member Posts: 2,789

If I don't want to run it, I won't. If I'm having a day of tunneling/scummy killers, I'll run it, but otherwise I'll avoid running it so I can actually run fun perks.

• OldHunterLight
    OldHunterLight Member Posts: 3,001

What if I want to run MoM? I prefer useful perks that work 10/10 matches.

/s

• Orion
    Orion Member Posts: 21,675

No. I don't even have that perk unlocked, but if I did, I wouldn't use it.

• CashelP14
    CashelP14 Member Posts: 5,564

I always hate when I'm playing with randoms and one gets tunnelled. The second they get picked up and they don't hit DS I know they basically are dead.

• BioX
    BioX Member Posts: 1,378

there should just always be an obsession, thats it, just always have one survivor be an obsession.

• RocketPenguin
    RocketPenguin Member Posts: 374

this would also help soloqueue since we can get some more info on chases