QQ: Bamboozle Or Brutal Strength?

Boss
Boss Member Posts: 13,614

I'm taking feedback on which you consider better.

If you want to know for which Killer to make the decision before giving an answer: Wraith.

Best Answers

• Hoodied
    Hoodied Member Posts: 13,019
    Answer ✓

Wraith has some fun builds for both of these perks however Brutal shines the most

Wraith likes eating pallets for breakfast, and brutal makes this faster so you can catch up to survivors quicker

• OniWantsYourMacaroni
    OniWantsYourMacaroni Member Posts: 5,944
    Answer ✓

Bamboozle seems more useful to combat strong window loops.

• chargernick85
    chargernick85 Member Posts: 3,171
    Answer ✓

Both are very useful. IMOO (own opinion) Brutal strengh if I get a maxed one on a character I use it. Always loved that perk. I rely heavily on my mind gaming at loop. vaults, etc.

• dugman
    dugman Member Posts: 9,713
    Answer ✓

Brutal is more generally useful since it gives benefit at basically any dropped pallet while Bamboozle is mainly useful at specific loops with good vault locations like the killer shack. Which one I might prefer depends partly on how much of an issue I think windows will be versus pallets for a particular killer and loadout.

• Steel_Eyed
    Steel_Eyed Member Posts: 4,033
    Answer ✓

There’s a good argument that Bamboozle teaches bad habits with every killer. It’s better to learn the loops and play them then go through a window then chase to the next loop.

I think Brutal Strength is a very strong perk. It often let’s the killer catch up quickly and chew through pallets.

• Markness
    Markness Member Posts: 242
    Answer ✓

Brutal is only useful on the clown, everyone else is better off with enduring if you're doing a pallet-oriented build. I think that you can't go wrong with bamboozle on a lot of killers too as it shuts down the killer shack and jungle gyms and makes you vault quicker too. Enduring + Bamboozle on a lot of killers is an amazing combo (especially M1 killers).

• narf
    narf Member Posts: 68
    Answer ✓

Bamboozle and Brutal Strength are two of the most overrated killer perks in the game. They teach bad habits and are not good enough to ever help you in a significant way. Which one is better? Brutal Strength is good on Huntress and that's it.

• dugman
    dugman Member Posts: 9,713
    Answer ✓

You can use both Enduring and Brutal, they do stack. And certainly dropped pallets are common enough that you would get benefit from both every match. Of course that is two slots specifically to help in chases with pallets so that means giving up a tracking or slowdown perk but if just shrugging off pallets gains you back enough time efficiency then it could be worth the investment.

Also I would argue Brutal can work on Blight as well since Blight is uniquely able to catch up to survivors with Lethal Rush after breaking the pallet. Technically Blight also can break pallets using Lethal Rush but that only helps in certain situations, if Blight gets stunned by a pallet then using Lethal Rush to break it at that point isn’t faster than just breaking it normally.

• Markness
    Markness Member Posts: 242
    Answer ✓

Good info on the blight! I always run the sweaty loadout on him, but maybe I'll have to try out brutal strength on him sometime to see how that works.

• ReverseVelocity
    ReverseVelocity Member Posts: 4,226
    Answer ✓

Both perks have their own strengths, I personally prefer Brutal, but that's mainly down to preference.

Brutal Strength is more generally useful, as you'll encounter many more pallets than really good windows. If you pair it with Enduring, you can practically breeze through pallets.

However, where Bamboozle really shines is loops where it's hard to get the pallet down due to a really good window. Brutal is a lot less effective at shack than Bamboozle, as you can force the pallet drop in one loop when you block the window. It's also good at long-wall Jungle Gyms for the same reason, the window is really hard to mindgame. There's also a couple of annoying vaults in the Swamp with the fallen trees that can be instantly dealt with.

TL;DR: Brutal will give you more value in general, but if you hate those hard to mindgame windows, Bamboozle is your friend.

• Boss
    Answer ✓

I think it's gonna be Bamboozle.

Thanks, everyone!

• Aven_Fallen
    Aven_Fallen Member Posts: 16,060
    Answer ✓

It is also good on Doctor. Basically every M1-Killer can benefit from it, even tho I also go for Enduring over anything else. Except for Doctor and Clown, because Survivors drop Pallets early, so I dont get stunned most of the time anyway.

How does Brutal Strength teach bad habits? Bamboozle clearly does, but how does Brutal Strength do that? The only thing that would come to my mind would be over-commitment to chases.

@Topic:

I think Bamboozle is stronger. But as others have said, it deals bad habits. And I always expect a Killer to be worse in chases when they are running Bamboozle.

• Mandy
    Mandy Administrator, Dev, Community Manager Posts: 22,936
    Answer ✓

I'm addicted to Brutal Strength so if I had to choose one, it would be that.

• Bartlaus
    Bartlaus Member Posts: 1,026
    Answer ✓

Both are QoL Perks and u actually dont need'em, thats right. But they can spend u a lot of time, if u know how to use them. On Killers like Wraith Id always prefer Bamboozle as long u are not playing an anti-pallet-build. Killers like a wraith can literally do nothing to end up a chase quickly at a strong window loop. I usually take Bamboozle on my Wraith, Billy, Bubba. Even if dont need Bamboozle in every match on them, I still love it. As I said it is a QoL Perk.

Brutal Strenght is good on killers, who can force the survivors to drop the pallet quickly (for example Clown, Doctor, T3 Myers, GF). Maybe U should just try out which perk gives u the biggest advantage at your playstyle :)

• Boss
    Answer ✓

After a day with Bamboozle so far, it's pretty much like everyone said.

Bamboozle isn't needed a whole lot, i've gone through multiple trials without it hindering Survivors.

But when it hinders them, it hinders them real good.

Answers