Isn't it kicking Victor too much?

Options

I talk from experience when my lil sister said "no, no, what are you doing kicking a baby?" even when he is a killer

He is Charlotte's brother so what? he still looks like a "baby" and a survivor kicking him seems too much!

Devs try to lessen the fact of a "kicked" baby with the "crushed" terminology lmao

Best Answer

Β«13

Answers

• Bumbus
    Bumbus Member Posts: 600
    Options

You should call them g-men for the purpose of political correctness.

• Orion
    Orion Member Posts: 21,675
    Options

Yes, and then there's this part that you left out: "as if his sister's blood still coursed through him."

It doesn't matter to me either, and I do agree it sounds like the devs want to have their cake and eat it too, but he's not supposed to be a baby.

• SunaIIanu
    SunaIIanu Member Posts: 782
    Options

I left it out because I don't think it changes the fact: You can't be decaying and aging at the same time.

But I can edit it in if you think the statement is misleading without that part.

I understand that he is supposed to be an adult but I just think the lore contradict that.

I'm sorry if I was rude to you, that wasn't my Intention, this Chapter and the Devs way of handling the expectable discussion of the baby/child thing just dissapoints me, so I might be a bit unfriendly in my responses.

• Orion
    Orion Member Posts: 21,675
    Options

I do think it's misleading because the intent, as I understand it, was to imply that Charlotte was keeping Victor's body alive, even if he himself was already dead. Then there's the Entity, who can do almost anything She pleases. She could've aged Victor's body and kept it from fully decaying. Regardless, even if he died when he was 6, that's still not a baby.

I don't think you were rude, just FYI.

• SunaIIanu
    SunaIIanu Member Posts: 782
    Options

Okay, I added it in, thank you.

If I remember it correctly the lore mentions her teenage years, so you are probably right and she is supposed to be atleast 18, but probably not much older.

If I understand you correctly you are saying that lore shouldn't be used as an excuse at all, because what counts is the impression something makes, if Victor (or a different character) looks like a child and walks like a child, people recognize it as a child regardless of lore and Intention.

I think it's a good point, but in this case not even the lore is supporting their argument imo.

In general I think we agree that there are issues with this Chapter and the Devs could have handled thinks better (like the beard that you suggested).

• MissKitty95
    MissKitty95 Member Posts: 786
    Options

I laughed to hard while reading this, exactly my thoughts I was wondering how long it would be till someone complained about it XD

• itsaconehead
    itsaconehead Member Posts: 236
    Options

I mean, for once the survivors get to fight back other than slamming pallets down on a killer. Also, why is your little sister watching you play? This game is a lot, there's people ripped open, hung on hooks, traps on their heads that yank their jaws open till it kills them, I mean Freddy's backstory isn't the most tasteful to a lot of people.

Look, I had bulimia when I was in high school, plague makes me kinda shudder especially when there's jokes about her having this eating disorder, but you know what? I like playing her, it feels like I'm taking the joke and making it feel better to myself. I understand not everyone can do that, but horror is designed to make you uncomfortable.

And this thing isn't a baby, it's a...deformed Gollum. Maybe the Devs will take this away before the chapter is released with this negative feedback on being able to stomp him, also this is not kicking a disabled person either, hillbilly is considered disabled and we drop pallets on him and blind him with flashlights. I am speaking as someone with disabilities here.

• itsaconehead
    itsaconehead Member Posts: 236
    Options

Australia is very strict apparently with games, there's a few games that got banned there, I'm surprised if dbd isn't already banned there.

• Zani22
    Zani22 Member Posts: 444
    Options

Blame the cult they casted mori jn Victor. Can't stop him dying plus he respawns So Victor is a pure gamer don't worry

• Bwsted
    Bwsted Member Posts: 3,452
    Options

I was just pointing out at the inconsistency. I have no issues with the kicking as it is right now. I'm not going anywhere. Thanks for your concern.

• Hoodied
    Hoodied Member Posts: 13,003
    edited November 2020
    Options

You made me remember an upsetting memory where I never bead DS2 because my PS3 stopped saving and deleted my save

But honestly the babies-looking monsters in DS2 look JUST like Victor and I agree, I am not afraid to send that demonic hellspawn to outer space

• Mikeasaurus
    Mikeasaurus Member Posts: 2,327
    edited November 2020
    Options

Oh don't get me wrong, I totally see your point. When I first saw the killer I assumed mother and child. But, it's a horror game so of course certain characters are going to be distrubing. That's the whole point of horror. To shock and disgust. I mean, look at Dead Space 2 from way back. That game had Necromorphic babies in the Nursery section of the game. There was also the Questline in The Witcher 3 involving the miscaried child of the Baron's wife who became a Botchling and Geralt performs a rite to transform it. It's something done for the shock factor, not to offend someone in any way. And if someone was to be offended, then my only advice would be to maybe step away from the game.

• BaschFonRonsenburg
    BaschFonRonsenburg Member Posts: 308
    Options

keep moving the goalposts it’ll work eventually. πŸ˜‚

• DarKStaR350z
    DarKStaR350z Member Posts: 635
    Options

Playing devils advocate here, but by the rationale used here, is everyone also ok with anime characters who are drawn to resemble underage children being in graphic sexual situations because a little bit of text on the back of the book/dvd, or an occasional comment from a character, say that they are 200 years old despite looking 7?

• freddymybae
    freddymybae Member Posts: 613
    Options

dont like it dont play the game simple

• miachan22
    miachan22 Member Posts: 36
    Options

I liked stomping the evil spawn babies (which are called 'The babies') in evil within, so I see no issue here kicking an 300 year old zombie baby

• bm33
    bm33 Member Posts: 8,097
    Options
  • Exerath1992
    Exerath1992 Member Posts: 1,035
    Options

One of the survivors from the silent hill chapter is under-aged, right?