Is Élodie's current voice a placeholder?

I could be wrong but I'm pretty sure it's just Cheryl's voice pitched down isn't it? Either way I'm not a huge fan of the one she has in the PTB.

Comments

• Mooks
    Mooks Member Posts: 14,709

I actually like the current voice, but didn’t really pay attention too much..

they had placeholders for the last few survivors in the PTBs so it could very well be..

• TruffleTurtle
    TruffleTurtle Member Posts: 614

I don't think it is but I like her current voice

• Laffle
    Laffle Member Posts: 82

I think the sound mixing is just off. It'll probably sound better on release

• myers_obsession
    myers_obsession Member Posts: 552

I hope so. I don't like that she sounds like cheryl so much.

• MedicSpirit7
    MedicSpirit7 Member Posts: 689

I thought it sounded like Cheryl too

• HulkHodn
    HulkHodn Member Posts: 116

She has the best voice. Sounds like shes really in pain. Most survivors sound like they enjoy it to get hit or hooked

• beached
    beached Member Posts: 303
    edited November 2020

I like her voice, after being deafened by laurie's and feng's screams all day I could use a survivor scream that's a little lower on the pitch scale.

• The PTB patch notes don't mention about it being a placeholder so I suppose that's the final voice

• Xpljesus
    Xpljesus Member Posts: 395

Not just me who thought she sounded like Cheryl then

• Starr43
    Starr43 Member Posts: 873

Elodie is definitely the same voice actress as Cheryl which is fine.. what has bothered me though is that they’re so similar it’s as if they just set aside alternate takes during Cheryls audio recording sessions or went back and compiled throwaways to slap on another character. The voice actress for Cheryl is hands down one of, if not the best performers they have in the game so I completely understand why they would be used multiple times. Unfortunately they used them almost back to back on different survivors which made it impossible not to notice. It takes a bit away from Cheryl being unique especially since she’s licensed but I’ll say it again.. the voice actress is so good that I’m okay with it in the end. She’s fantastic.