Why doesn't the Dead by Daylight community want Jason Voorhees in the game?

Jarol
Jarol Member Posts: 1,985

I've seen a lot of comments on the topic of friday the 13th, the lawsuit, jason on dbd, etc. about why they can't see jason voorhees in dead by daylight, many say that he already has his own game but what does that have to do with it? Do you think it is impossible to see this killer in this game? how hillbilly was the inspiration for leatherface and today is it in the game? if there is a trapper there is no complaint that there may be a jason, also jason is a playable character in the mortal kombat saga along with leatherface and freddy krueger. I see it possible to see this killer in the future when his demand is over. I consider there is friday the 13th the game let it die and take out the characters of jason voorhees and tommy jarvis and bring them to dead by daylight...

Comments

• Mooks
    Mooks Member Posts: 14,710

He would definitely fit with the other iconic killers and is the last one that is truly missing. And power-wise the devs have shown they can design a distinctive one that fits the character without rehashing too much.

the whole ‚he has his own game‘ and ‚we already got trapper‘ arguments are really pointless, he is the only slasher that literally has no other counter argument other than his on going lawsuit really.

• Aldofer
    Aldofer Member Posts: 458

the thing is the lawsuit as little news and takes time, and by the time he get out of his jail, it may be too late, so we'll see but i wouldn't get my hopes up

• MiniPixels
    MiniPixels Member Posts: 536

I think myself and many others agree we would absolutely love to see him in the game. It's just very unlikely due to the license dispute happening at the moment. He's one of the few classic icons that we haven't gotten yet.

• Squirrel_Thicc
    Squirrel_Thicc Member Posts: 2,677

Imo he's lame af.

• malatruse
    malatruse Member Posts: 784

Huh? People definitely do. Maybe some are being pragmatic about it due to licensing and F13 and Trapper existing but it would still be cool to have him.

• TheStabbiNAngeL
    TheStabbiNAngeL Member Posts: 1,264
    edited November 2020

You forgot predator ppredator is also a playable character and Alien in MKX. It's probably because someone really would like Jason in the game and people hate to see people happy🤷‍♂️

Some people I mean

lmao

• Boss
    Boss Member Posts: 13,614

If the license holders or our devs are even remotely interested in working with the other after Friday The 13th: The Game stopped making updates, they've probably already made contact behind the scenes.

And of course, thanks to license stuff, it'll take a while before we'll hear about it.

Like you said, we already have look-alikes, i wouldn't care if this guy came in as well.

• Midori_21
    Midori_21 Member Posts: 723

I really don't understand why people ask for Jason so much. What would his power be? When you get down to it he's just a big scary dude with a machete and some mommy issues. Which isn't far off from trapper, who's just a big dude with a machete and some daddy issues.

• DetailedDetriment
    DetailedDetriment Member Posts: 2,632

The people that don't want Jason are the same people that want Springtrap.

• Crap_Martini
    Crap_Martini Member Posts: 50

Already has his own licensed game adding him to dbd would take any money to be made by Friday 13th as a game and legal disputes.

Having an already existing game, regardless of if you think it's relevant or not, is a major factor in him not coming dbd. If it were a different type of game and not an asynchronous multiplayer it would be more likely.

Currently, the intellectual property rights are contested and as such he cannot be used until that has been settled.

I would love to see him and some of the resident evil creatures but as both have asynchronous multiplayer I highly doubt it at the moment.

The mortal kombat cameo was before the dispute started and oddly Jason is not part of the dispute as he didn't appear until Friday 13th part 2 and as the "zombie in a hockey mask" uh ntil part 3, he wears a sack in part 2. The dispute is actually about the first film which he isn't in.

With the franchises legal ownership in connection, who do they ask for the rights? It currently isn't viable.

• Pepsidot
    Pepsidot Member Posts: 1,662

I'd rather have more original killers.

• NomiNomad
    NomiNomad Member Posts: 3,178

What? As far as I know, people still really want Jason - it's just that he's, as others have said, in legal limbo. His game just made it even more unlikely, but unfortunately it seems most of the servers are being shut down.

• gibblywibblywoo
    gibblywibblywoo Member Posts: 3,772

Jason is THE slasher. The big daddy.

• Elena
    Elena Member Posts: 2,187

Ahem, we have

Myers

GhostFace

Freddy

Pig

Leatherface

Pyramid Head

Jason is a must.

• carnage4u
    carnage4u Member Posts: 338

very few people don't want Jason. Lawsuits make it difficult. It is really that simple

• ProfoundEnding
    ProfoundEnding Member Posts: 2,334
    edited November 2020

Just going to leave this here. Now I'm not saying the reasons you provided aren't true when in perspective from the license holders. However, I can assure you they likely wouldn't turn down the chance to make more money. They would make tons of money on the cosmetics alone. And given the fact that the game he is involved in is about to get its last update, I'm sure the license holders won't turn down the chance to make more money with his involvement in another video game that is active and consistently receiving updates.

I know the lawsuit is still an issue right now, my statement is solely based on when it is a non issue.

• BioX
    BioX Member Posts: 1,378

wait so you interpret "it cant be done due to lawsuits regarding the IP atm" as "no we dont want Jason in this game" ?

• pseudechis
    pseudechis Member Posts: 3,904

Apart from a few comments here I don't think I've ever seen anyone say Jason doesn't belong in this game or that they don't want him. Basically I think it all boils down to IP lawsuits, when they are settled he will probably make an appearance. At least one can hope.

• Moundshroud
    Moundshroud Member Posts: 4,458

I think most people are just pragmatic about the legal situation and the cost involved.

• ProfoundEnding
    ProfoundEnding Member Posts: 2,334

To be honest, whenever someone makes a Jason post I see tons of comments of people saying they don't want him, he's just basically Trapper, his power wouldn't even be unique, ect.

• itsaconehead
    itsaconehead Member Posts: 236

Took the words right out of my mouth. The Friday the 13th comics were actually kinda good, but like you say, we won't have any new Jason content for probably years. I actually said to my fiancée the other day that we'll probably have kids by the time Jason gets anything new and I'll probably be that parent that claims the original was better and "it's not like back in my day."

• MeneLaw
    MeneLaw Member Posts: 341

Ppl want him? Meh i dont care.

• ZXo_Pixel
    ZXo_Pixel Member Posts: 14

What would his power be, that is balanced for killers and survivors as I don't see him fitting, don't get me wrong I would love for him in the game but I just don't see how he'd work