Do you want the blue tint back?

Options
AhoyWolf
AhoyWolf Member Posts: 4,053

The map looks good, but it has lost it's originality, it's charm... Now it's just another map, just imagine new players...

Before: What map are you on? One of the blue ones.

After: What map are you on? Idk, they all look the same...

I personally want the blue tint back, not that intense like it was before, just make it slightly blue-ish.

Do you want the blue tint back? 78 votes

I want the blue tint back
55%
CamoRangerShrimpTwiggs[Deleted User]TapeKnotNoFaceNekoGamerXUnnamed_FreakAngryFluffyUistreelGamergirl69OWOJed_OlsenSunaIIanuMrsGhostfaceManíaco_da_garrafaSassySolidSnakeDawnMadWarcrafter4RocketPenguinOBXCosmicKitten27 43 votes
I want it to come back, just not that intense
25%
myers_obsessionMijuF60_31Demon_Swords[Deleted User]Fog_KingWalker_of_the_fog_96AhoyWolfRoboMojoSebaOutbreakfairfieldismsRoffelbillyRothlonAxeAwkward_FiendMalum_MidnightArialWishIcouldmainTb2kRockotheawesomepug 20 votes
I don't want it back
19%
Seiko300BlazelskiFichteHiroTaigaDicklaycia[Deleted User]Scary_Punk_GhostpraxZdugmanZeusGoliathKateDensonMain3331comboikNozorifXoXGodHelpEmXoX 15 votes

Comments

• Hex_Llama
    Hex_Llama Member Posts: 1,778
    Options

I tend to like graphics that have a more stylized look, so I liked having a weird blue realm -- I think it had personality.

• Purgatorian
    Purgatorian Member Posts: 1,146
    Options

I can't vote because I don't know what the blue tint is lol. When was it disabled, I only started playing when it released on PS4.

• NekoGamerX
    NekoGamerX Member Posts: 5,152
    Options

map use to look blue very dark looking now it very light and looks flat.

• Purgatorian
    Purgatorian Member Posts: 1,146
    edited October 2020
    Options

Oh do you mean the moonlight effect? If so I think I remember it way back in the early days watching videos on YouTube.

I can't play on PC or Switch because I can't see a thing on some maps, PS4 seems to have its brightness higher in game, Xbox too but not as high, so I prefer the brighter settings.

• NekoGamerX
    NekoGamerX Member Posts: 5,152
    Options

no remember how it looked before the update like this

watch this see how there dark blueness of the map it gone now.btw you don't have to watch it all

• Taiga
    Taiga Member Posts: 368
    Options
    I don't want it back

I never liked it.

• Seiko300
    Seiko300 Member Posts: 1,862
    Options
    I don't want it back

I'll agree that it had it's charm, but I'd like to see what the devs do with all the maps before reversing any changes. Maybe after they go through all of them they add a little bit of that original color back distinguish them a little more. Really though it's not something that I will truly miss, the change is part of the new more realistic direction / vision for Dead By Daylight, although I get that people don't like change just generally speaking, but I'm sure most will come around to it.

So for me it's a "not for now or anytime soon" kind of situation / answer.

• Fog_King
    Fog_King Member Posts: 688
    Options

I want a bit of the blue tint back, not as much blue as it was before, but now it looks too different without it.

• Axe
    Axe Member Posts: 1,060
    Options

I like how most realms got its own tint, autohaven green, coldwind a bit orange-brown, old mcmillian tint. Its what made each map sort of unique

• Owlzey
    Owlzey Member Posts: 442
    Options

While I love the new graphics, I feel like all of the updated maps look the same. MacMillan would definitely stand out more if it got the blue tint back.

• Jed_Olsen
    Jed_Olsen Member Posts: 256
    Options

Sometimes you can only truly appreciate something after its gone.

• Bwsted
    Bwsted Member Posts: 3,452
    Options

I want it back, it made the realm unique. The reworked map are just all blending together now. McMillan looks simply like Badham with different buildings.

• praxZ
    praxZ Member Posts: 8
    Options
    I don't want it back

It's nice to play on MacMillan without feeling like I'm watching an Ozark episode

• SebaOutbreak
    SebaOutbreak Member Posts: 399
    edited October 2020
    Options

As said above, it gives that realm a personality. Just like Autohaven Wreckers is kinda green, and the Coldwind Farm is kinda yellow/orange.

However, at times, I thought it was a bit TOO blue for my taste, not just "kinda". Maybe tone it down a bit, and then I'd be happy to see it back.

• Scary_Punk_Ghost
    Scary_Punk_Ghost Member Posts: 31
    Options
    I don't want it back

Tbh, I never was a fan of the tinted maps, I can't wait till they remove the yellow from Coldwind Farm, I hate it so much.