Hey you survivor mains what do you think about doc

I’ve played doc since I started the game he was my first killer and he will always be my No.1. Whenever I play him tho I get mixed responses from survivors. Some call me trash cause I use his shock tactically for the down others tell me good job for playing a “”lower tier””” character at higher ranks. So I’m wondering what are your opinions on the doctor.

Comments

• Hoodied
    Hoodied Member Posts: 13,019

Survivor/killer main here

He is annoying and brings out my feral instincts fueled by my rage

• bm33
    bm33 Member Posts: 8,165

I don't mind him. Only things I don't like are 1. He gets free deerstalker when he downs someone that has madness tier3. 2. He can just make the match go on for WAY too long (usually on game map) where survivors can't do anything to progress the match and he just won't end it sacrificing them.

• StibbityStabbity
    StibbityStabbity Member Posts: 1,839

Basically this. I like the Killers base kit, but his add-ons turn him into one of the worst Killers I go up against.

• Crypticghoul
    Crypticghoul Member Posts: 572

He's not super strong or anything (he's not weak either though) but man does he make games incredibly unenjoyable between all the random garbage happening in my ears and the screen constantly.

Don't even get me started on 3 gens where he won't commit to anything. The dude frequently makes games like 30+ minutes due to not committing to any chases and doesn't even end up getting any kills half the time.

• Komodo16
    Komodo16 Member Posts: 1,488

He is pretty easy to play, but if you use shocks all the time you will fail. He requires strategy and when you have it, he is oppressive and has alot of get hit or get hit. I mainly hate the tier 3 part and if I get a bad doc I'm fine. Good docs are annoying so its me just trying to stay alive. So in my mind doc is annoyong, but I don't hate him like I say when I go against him. My best play with doc was to shock a girl after she dropped shack and I vaulted in and she couldn't vault out in time, if I had stbfl I would have two hit her

• dspaceman20
    dspaceman20 Member Posts: 4,699

He is fine for most part. He is really annoying though and on indoor maps he is a nightmare to play against.

• NoOneKnowsNova
    NoOneKnowsNova Member Posts: 2,785

Not fun to face, but not boring to face either. Not too easy but not too hard. His power isn't overpowered but isn't weak either and I never really get downed and feel like it was an unfair down.

Personally not great but not bad.

• Asssblasster625
    Asssblasster625 Member Posts: 629

I don’t understand why people do that. I love when I get a 3 gen cause I commit to almost everything if I feel like there’s even a chance I can down you the go to the gen others are working on you can bets your sweet ass imma do it

• malloymk
    malloymk Member Posts: 1,553

He's a little annoying but well balanced. One of the better M1 killers.

• Terro
    Terro Member Posts: 1,171

He's not bad to me. Amazing docs are rare. Good docs are manageable but challenging at times.

• indieeden7
    indieeden7 Member Posts: 3,373

Personally I don't mind him, he was much more annoying before his changes. However I despise his add-on(s?) that reduce the cool down between shocks (not his static blast), I would like to be able to vault at least 1 window during the match.

• Asssblasster625
    Asssblasster625 Member Posts: 629

That’s why I play console and most of the time if survivors loose they have something to say about it

• APoipleTurtle
    APoipleTurtle Member Posts: 1,274

I like to play Doc every once in a while, but I tend to get bored if I'm playing him for more than a few matches at a time. He's one of the killers I play in-between running the ones that I deeply enjoy to use all the time.

However, Doc is also one of the killers I consider to be pretty "anti-fun" from the survivor perspective. I just think he's really annoying and kind of boring to play against. Not too strong or anything like that, just unenjoyable to interact with (which IMO is worse).

• BubbaMain64
    BubbaMain64 Member Posts: 546

Doc is annoying because it doesn't take a lot of skill to just spam shock to get ez downs. Especially on the newer maps with the pitiful pallets littering the map. Doc on Hawkins or Midwich is already a win from the start (of course considering the killer is actually competent).

• MigrantTheGreat
    MigrantTheGreat Member Posts: 1,379

As a killer main, I don't have a problem with Dr. Carter, he's only problematic when you have teammates that can't hit madness skills and spend 30-45% of the match doing everything

• hillbillyclaudmain69
    hillbillyclaudmain69 Member Posts: 1,528

Nurse main here. Doctor isn't that good or a killer if you know how to play against him, which most people don't.

• HeckaYeah
    HeckaYeah Member Posts: 187

For someone who is hard of hearing, I do agree that he makes the game hard to play from an audio standpoint. The static and the screaming make him one of my least favorite to go against.

When I face a doc who just kind of waits like that, I see survivors who will actually go and seek him out! But, once that happens, it's all down hill from there. Unless you have a "divide and conquer" team, you won't get out with anything more that death or sacrifice.

• unluckycombo
    unluckycombo Member Posts: 582

As others have said, it kinda just depends on the add-ons and team. A gen protector doc with nasty add-ons and a nasty build is a lot like playing against Forever Freddy: imho one of worst experiences as a Survivor.

But if it's just your normal doctor with average add-ons and a half competent team? Yeah, I'm cool. Rather face a Doctor then a Freddy.

• SaltyNooty
    SaltyNooty Member Posts: 276

Annoying and I despise him. He basically says "Okay so if you don't have calm spirit, im going to make you scream every 30 seconds. I'm worse the hag, congrats, you traded her for me." Literally the bane of my existence if it wasn't for Freddy goddamn Kruger in my life, I'd hate him at No.1

• Katie_met
    Katie_met Member Posts: 422

Try hard doctors agitate me. But the average doctor makes me laugh. They either use their shock and miss which slows down the chase, or they give in and don't use their shock at all which also slows down the chase. I rarely encounter a doctor that can accurately uses their shock therapy in chases, and although it's annoying I have to respect their skill.

• Axe
    Axe Member Posts: 1,060

I am so used to Doc I grew to like him for a bit. Most Doc players never time their shock or will end up mindgaming themself for some odd reason, take that to my advantage and make as much distance as possible. I seen some really godly doc players out there but the majority is pretty meh on him

• WheresTheGate
    WheresTheGate Member Posts: 575

As a survivor main whose strength is stealth (not immersion) I have a love/hate reaction to going up against a doc.

No other killer comes anywhere as close to negating my style of play. So I kinda hate that part. At the same time I really can appreciate that matches against doc force me to get better at other aspects of my play.

• Mew
    Mew Member Posts: 1,832

annoying because of the on screen effects

also doesn’t help that most people shock spam which makes the effects more frequent...