It's time to demand pips/points for survivors who remain in the game after someone elss disconnects

The_Crusader
The_Crusader Member Posts: 3,688
edited October 2018 in General Discussions
Seriously. Everybody knows that disconnects happen in about a third of all games.

What's the point in the rest of us staying in?

I just had a Hillbilly who facecamped after a survivor rage quit in the first 30 seconds. Seriously who does that?

So I quit because I didn't pay for the game to play that #########. Now I lose 2 pips.

What a joke. If we're going to be expected to stay in the games at least make it worthwhile.

Edited: Seems people are misunderstanding me. I'm not asking for pips for those who disconnect, I'm asking for pips for those who remain.
Post edited by The_Crusader on

Comments

• DeadByFlashlight
    DeadByFlashlight Member Posts: 1,642

No, DCing should just be punished.

Its hilarious that devs actually support the idea of deranking by DCing instead of vehemtly punishing DCing

• The_Crusader
    What if someone DC's because others have DC'd though?

You can't blame other survivors for not wanting to stay in games where it's 5 gens and 3 people.
  • The_Crusader
    edited October 2018
    God it's so ######### hard to level up in this game.

Had another where someone rage quits. So the Doctor decides now is a good time to camp and tunnel me out of the game as he knows the other two won't be able to get the gens done in time. I lose a pip for that.

What a joke. Might as well just disconnect.
  • TheLegendDyl4n1
    TheLegendDyl4n1 Member Posts: 1,493

@The_Crusader said:
    Seriously. Everybody knows that disconnects happen in about a third of all games.

I just had a Hillbilly who facecamped after a survivor rage quit in the first 30 seconds. Seriously who does that?

So I quit because I didn't pay for the game to play that #########. Now I lose 2 pips.

What a joke. If we're going to be expected to stay in the games at least make it worthwhile.

so "theoretically" of course if your system some how shut off by say it being unplugged then the game would think it malfunctioned and you would save your item, would safety pip, and you would keep BP earned in the game. this is a "theoretical" exploit and i am fully against trying it since it is against the games rules.

• Soul_Consumption
    Soul_Consumption Member Posts: 68

Or they could just complete a gen or something if it's early on. Maybe that's not the best idea, but something definitely needs to be done, because realistically if someone does d/c the chances of them escaping is very low. IT usually come to one finding the hatch and the others tanking pips

• The_Crusader

Or they could just complete a gen or something if it's early on. Maybe that's not the best idea, but something definitely needs to be done, because realistically if someone does d/c the chances of them escaping is very low. IT usually come to one finding the hatch and the others tanking pips

This is what I'm saying. Realistically at best one of you gets the hatch, the others die. The question is will they have enough time to earn points first?

As I said I've had a fair few facecamp because they know they have the game in the bag once someone disconnects 30 seconds in. It's incredibly toxic and you have to be a real slimeball to play like that.

I'm not one of those who expects the killer to cuddle me if someone disconnects. By all means kill us but don't just hook them and then sit on them out of spite. I give one the hatch in this scenario and try to give them a few hooks each so they have a chance to pip.
  • The_Crusader

@The_Crusader said:

so "theoretically" of course if your system some how shut off by say it being unplugged then the game would think it malfunctioned and you would save your item, would safety pip, and you would keep BP earned in the game. this is a "theoretical" exploit and i am fully against trying it since it is against the games rules.

What I'm saying is if someone disconnects really early and you expect the other 3 players to stay in the game rather than find a new one at least give them a safety pip. Don't have them lose one. The person who disconnected early gets nothing.
  • AyDoggie
    AyDoggie Member Posts: 48

@The_Crusader said:

I think you already get bloodpoint bonus if you finish a game and a player leaves.

• DeadByFlashlight

@The_Crusader said:
    God it's so [BAD WORD] hard to level up in this game.

Had another where someone rage quits. So the Doctor decides now is a good time to camp and tunnel me out of the game as he knows the other two won't be able to get the gens done in time. I lose a pip for that.

Guys like you are the problem here btw

• Peasant
    Peasant Member Posts: 4,104

If you were "facecamped" that implies that you were on a hook. Just suicide for -1pip instead of the DC for -2.
  • The_Crusader

@The_Crusader said:

How so?
  • The_Crusader
    Peasant said:

If you were "facecamped" that implies that you were on a hook. Just suicide for -1pip instead of the DC for -2.
    Wasn't me facecamped by the Hillbilly. That's why it sucked. Wanted to help the hooked guy but Hillybilly was being scum.
  • AyDoggie
    AyDoggie Member Posts: 48

@The_Crusader said:
    DeadByFlashlight said:

@The_Crusader said:

How so?

You're complaining about people who quit and you're quitting.

• The_Crusader
    AyDoggie said:

@The_Crusader said:
    DeadByFlashlight said:

@The_Crusader said:

How so?

You're complaining about people who quit and you're quitting.

Not every game, and only 3 vs 1. I never quit first.

If someone disconmects on the first 30 seconds you have 5 gens and 3 people. Even BHVR knows this isn't fair as if the game loads with 3 people you only need to do 4 gens.

If a 3 vs 1 was every 20 games I'd put up with it but some nights it can genunely be a third of my games played.

Why am I expected to stay in every one? Especially if the killer decides to facecamp against 3 people. As you said the best case is you get the hatch and that's it.

It's boring. If we're expected to stay in every 3 vs 1 out of some moral sense of duty then I'd stop playing because it's not fun and it's not how the game was designed.

Again - I do stay in when its the odd game but when its those nights where its game after game after game then no I get fed up. I didn't sign up for that crap.

I don't mind so much if they quit after the second hook but when they quit because they went down within 30 aeconds it puts the team at a huge disadvantage and I'm saying they need to award the other players a safety pip in this situation or increase gen repair speed to give an incentive to play on.
  • The_Crusader
    edited October 2018
    Ok. So one person rage quit in the game I just had when they were going to be hooked for the first time.

Shortly after second person quits.

I do two gens for hatch while a claudette has been running around doing nothing.

She dies. Wraith decides I'm not getting a pity hatch and he goes around looking for me, finds me and hooks me.

Only just managed to get black pip after 5-10 minutes of a garbage game.

Next game. Right off the bat only 3 people load in. First guy gets hooked, gives up instantly. So thr leaves two of us. I try to help him but everytime I unhook him he gets tunneled. Killer then hooks me rather than giving pity hatch. Lost a pip.

Because as much as killers pretend they're nice, most don't give a ######### how many people quit. They love it, easy game for them.

If this what I'm expected to sit through every time? Just so that I lose one pip rather than two?

Fix your ######### game BHVR. This is utter ######### garbage. Expecting people to sit though this shite game after game after game just to get out of bottom ranks. 
  • TheLegendDyl4n1
    TheLegendDyl4n1 Member Posts: 1,493

@The_Crusader said:
    TheLegendDyl4n1 said:

@The_Crusader said:

What I'm saying is if someone disconnects really early and you expect the other 3 players to stay in the game rather than find a new one at least give them a safety pip. Don't have them lose one. The person who disconnected early gets nothing.

i know im just giving a "theoretical" solution until this problem is fixed

• The_Crusader
    For what it's worth - next game yet ANOTHER survivor disconnected.

So that leaves everyone else with a choice - either play at a disadvantage while the killer overpowers you since you're a man down, or quit and stay in rank 15 purgatory and risk a ban.

I don't get why they can't see how broken this system is. The people who stay in the game are the ones being punished.
  • Wahara
    Wahara Member Posts: 237

DC'ing is really frustrating, but at the same time I understand and sympathize with it. Especially if you've had several games in a row with bad RNG, i.e. you were the first person downed by a basement facecamping, insidious leather face, the impulse to just DC and take a break is relateable.

What upsets me the most is when survivors DC immediately at the very beginning of the game not because the killer is camping, but because they see no one is going for the save. It's basically a spite DC. "Oh, no one's going to save me? Well, you're ######### now. Haha."

• TigerKirby215
    TigerKirby215 Member Posts: 604

You disconnected; you should lose pips. If you were the one being face camped you got caught too fast, and should do better to stealth away from the killer or loop them for longer.
    Even under the context that they face camped you for the full sacrifice duration your allies should still probably be able to finish at least two generators, which is enough for the hatch to open at the very least. Disconnecting just loses them time they could've used to Survive.
    Stop being so selfish.

• Wahara
    Wahara Member Posts: 237
    edited October 2018

I agree that you should lose pips, I just don't think it should be punishable more than that. Maybe add in a safety pip for everyone else in the event someone DC's.

I also disagree with the notion that if you're the first person to be caught you need to simply be better at stealth. You can spawn the closest to the killer with no safe or completely non obvious hiding places. A good example is Badham preschool. It really sucks spawning close to a Hillbilly behind those stack piles located by the back walls of the map. There is literally no other cover except for a few skinny trees and a hedge bush.

• The_Crusader
    edited October 2018
    Wahara said:

Maybe add in a safety pip for everyone else in the event someone DC's.

This is what I'm asking for.

Maybe I didn't make it clear enough in my original post because people assume I'm asking for pips for people who DC?

No, far from it. I'm only asking for safety pips for survivors who stay in the game after someone else has disconnected.

If two people disconnect what happens? If you stay in the game you're going to lose a pip as you won't have a chance to do anything. If you quit you lose two pips. You're screwed either way. At least give the people who remain safety pips since it's not their fault their team got shafted.
  • Luckystrike2778
    Luckystrike2778 Member Posts: 63

Just had a game only 3 logged in to. The obsession dc'd 3 minutes in. The shape i got was nice. The other surv n i farmed a bit with him/her getting hooked 2 each n i let him final hook me n he let other walk out. Gg. Only bad thing is my daily did NOT track that match. Heal another for 3 health states. Still sitting at 0/3

• DeadByFlashlight

@The_Crusader said:
    DeadByFlashlight said:

@The_Crusader said:

How so?

Because you DC without reason.
    Its laughable but guys like you will never change until they are hit by the bannhammer, I know that

• Mister_Holdout
    Mister_Holdout Member Posts: 3,144

No.

Just punish the disconnecters.

• The_Crusader

@The_Crusader said:
    DeadByFlashlight said:

@The_Crusader said:

How so?

Because you DC without reason.
    Its laughable but guys like you will never change until they are hit by the bannhammer, I know that

Um when did I say I disconnect without reason?

I lost a pip in the doctor match BECAUSE I stayed in it, and got camped and tunneled in a 3 vs 1.

I do some 3 vs 1 games. I quit then when I get them constantly in a row. It's unfair, the game isn't balanced for that. Seriously screw you, why should I be expected to play 5 3 vs 1 games in a row? I haven't done anything wrong to be punished like that.

You're probably one of those killers who gets a first minute rage quit and then rubs his hands together gleefully knowing you can tryhard and cause the other survivors to depip.