Which Survivor Has The Worst Set Of Teachables?

Options
ManyAchievables
ManyAchievables Member Posts: 667
edited December 2020 in Polls

Same as that one I made for best three teachables, but instead of best, it's the worst.

Personally, I'd say either Quentin, Ace or Ash. Probably Ace since his perks are all situational and have a weak effect on the match.

Which Survivor Has The Worst Set Of Teachables? 146 votes

Dwight, Meg, Claudette, Jake or Nea (Specify)
2%
TsukiYureiTheButcher6641Lokami_san 3 votes
Laurie, Ace, Bill, Feng or David King (Specify)
32%
CheersVolantConch1719JarkyDimekfeechimaCashelP14Fog_KingTheRockstarKnightUnnamed_FreakSkeletalEliteNuclearBurritoFichteHiroTaigaAhoyWolfRaven014palletsryummyDetailedDetrimentthenegativonezmassaniSapoSapo 47 votes
Quentin, David Tapp, Kate, Adam or Jeff (Specify)
22%
GibberishAdelooRepliCantDr_TrautsSblitcherHertsuFINxTudorBeHasUDr_LoomisAdirom175HellraisingPredatorAllhel1nimesulideGothicPrincessAwkward_FiendSlashstreetboyBassTramAlifyTrialByFire476herrik666 33 votes
Jane, Ash, Nancy, Steve, Yui, Zarina or Cheryl (Specify)
36%
BardMrDardonSalty_PearlTapeKnotbrokedownpalaceNeonAlienJacoby2041Walker_of_the_fog_96DreskiSunderMunmusstang62PassarinoTUistreelSillierHorizon5RydogpichumudkipRoboMojoSebaOutbreakGlamourousLeviathantenoresax 54 votes
The Basegame Perks
6%
michaelmortonLeonardo1itaMaxwellSpeeddemonsaifIllutionoDonutsRGoodArialDwightFairfieldToxicNeaKarlsson 9 votes
Post edited by ManyAchievables on

Comments

• MrDardon
    MrDardon Member Posts: 3,880
    Options

Ash. Buckle up is garbage just as Flip Flop and Mettle of Men is very situational.

• Raven014
    Raven014 Member Posts: 4,188
    Options

Ace's are all luck based.

• NuclearBurrito
    NuclearBurrito Member Posts: 6,807
    Options

Ace because ace

• TheRockstarKnight
    TheRockstarKnight Member Posts: 2,171
    edited July 2020
    Options

Ace's perks are just really bad. Like, wasted perk slot bad.

That said, there are a lot of characters with garbage teachables. I wouldn't argue with anyone that says Steve, Yui, Zarina, or Ash have worse teachables.

• TheEntityNea
    TheEntityNea Member Posts: 23
    Options
  • VolantConch1719
    VolantConch1719 Member Posts: 1,165
    Options

It's close between Ace and Ash for me. They're both terrible.

But Ace has an aura perk that's useless without other aura perks, a perk that make the massively RNG Luck mechanic SLIGHTLY less RNG, and a perk that can give goods things on great items, or terrible things on terrible items, depending on how chests favor you.

Ash has a perk that punishes the Killer for slugging, an aura perk that allows for tight rescues when the Killer is slugging and a perk that (when it works) gives an extra health state. This is why Ace will always be rock bottom with perks.

• CashelP14
    CashelP14 Member Posts: 5,564
    Options

Ace. Funny part is next tome will give us challenges to use these perks lol

• ThePolice
    ThePolice Member Posts: 801
    Options

Ash unfortunately, despite being the coolest survivor

• DerZuntor
    DerZuntor Member Posts: 293
    Options

Ace

• Slashstreetboy
    Slashstreetboy Member Posts: 1,811
    Options

Quentin, in my opinion no boubt a bout it. His are the only teachables I haven´t unlocked.

• ObjectOfDepression
    Options

I love Ash, but... Ash.

• GhostyyBoi
    GhostyyBoi Member Posts: 416
    Options

Steve or Ace.

• pichumudkip
    pichumudkip Member Posts: 155
    Options

Steve or Ash TBH. Yeah Ace's suck but Ace in The Hole is good if you're running low on certain add ons you really like using/want to bring. Steve has Second Wind but it's basically useless if you get caught first (same issue with Deliverance) and Ash has MoM and Flip Flop which imo, are only good if you dedicate builds to it.

• Seiko300
    Seiko300 Member Posts: 1,862
    Options

As an Ace main, this feels like a blatant attack on my in-game identity. I refuse to vote.

Lmao

"Some call them the worst teachables... but it's more like great teachables that just haven't been reworked yet" -Aces and Eights definitely-canon-description

• Bard
    Bard Member Posts: 657
    Options

Ash.

Lets look at what these things do.

Flip Flop

If the killer slugs you, you can wiggle out a little bit faster.

Meanwhile, Unbreakable or Soul Guard lets you actually get up.

Buckle Up

What's this?

The auras of slugs are revealed in varying shades of pink/white? OH BOY SUCH VALUABLE INFORMATION.

And what's more? Revealing the auras of the killer after you pick up a Slug? You mean in a situation where you'd absolutely know where the killer is?

Mettle of Man

Waste 48+ seconds healing on one health state.

• Hex_Llama
    Hex_Llama Member Posts: 1,789
    Options

I would say Quentin. I think the usefulness of some of these perks depends on your play style, but I can't think of a situation where I would burn a perk slot on guaranteeing myself a med kit, or opening the doors faster. Vigil can be useful, but not useful enough for me, personally.

• SCP_FOR_DBD
    SCP_FOR_DBD Member Posts: 2,416
    Options

If yall didn't think it would be Steve. Yall. Really. On. SOME SHI-

• SkeletalElite
    SkeletalElite Member Posts: 2,681
    Options

Ace but steve and ash are close seconds.

• FFirebrandd
    FFirebrandd Member Posts: 2,445
    Options

I think I have to give it to Steve.

Second Wind can only be used twice and is way too finicky on the activation requirements. If anyone else even touches the person you're healing, you don't get it.

Camaraderie probably won't activate, can only activate once and is... kinda meh when it does.

Babysitter... an anti tunnel perk that stops functioning if the Killer is too close... with a side of attracting the killer to you. I'll be honest I considered getting this because I frequently SWF and am the best looper in our group... but in general play I'd never use it.

• CalamityJane
    CalamityJane Member Posts: 487
    Options

Ace. The three that are coming up in competition are Steve, Ash and Quentin.

Steve and Quentin have Second Wind and Pharmacy, both of which I have run from time to time as a self-healing option without the massive waste of time that is Self-Care.

Ash is really close, but Flip Flop can fit into a slug build, and Mettle of Man is difficult to use but pays off huge when it does.

Ace's only perk worth a damn is Ace in the Hole and all that's good for is hoarding add ons, it doesn't even make a great improvement to chest looter builds most of the time due to the sheer amount of crap add ons.

• Warcrafter4
    Warcrafter4 Member Posts: 2,917
    Options

Steve.

They are all pretty much useless or have a massive downside that outweighs the positives.

He also has a conditional perk(Second Wind only activates if unhooked) with a secondary condition(Healing another(s) survivor for 1 total health state) that needs to be met to activate it AND IT HAS A DOWNSIDE!(Broken for 30-34 seconds after being unhooked)

Otherwise I'd vote for Ace but given that "Ace in the Hole" is now the only way to farm(Or retain) add-ons in trails themselves it means it has a use along with plunderers unlike anything Steve has.

• Micheal
    Micheal Member Posts: 288
    Options

Ash's buckle up needs replaced or a big buff what would be cool if they made it were buckle up you can pick up your survivor friend and move him to a safe location or run through the gate

• Walker_of_the_fog_96
    Walker_of_the_fog_96 Member Posts: 1,238
    Options

My main character is ash, but damn his perks are trash.

• King_Steve_Forever33
    Options

I main steve, while second wind is useful sometimes the activation f it and timing is too slow to be worth it over other perks. Babysitter doesn't really help anyone and screws you over a little bit, take borrowed time instead. Camaraderie is always gonna be useless unless it activates last second, and even then other perks would help wayyyy more. So steve

• KnightFall28901
    KnightFall28901 Member Posts: 17
    Options

Ace

• SebaOutbreak
    SebaOutbreak Member Posts: 399
    edited October 2020
    Options

Ash. Buckle up is useless. Flip Flop only works when you get slugged, and it may still be useless if there's a hook nearby. Mettle of Man... don't even get me started on that one.

A close second is Ace. Ace in the Hole is my guilty pleasure, and it has saved me a couple of times, but it's true that it's pure RNG. Also, if someone else loots chests before you, then it's useless. Up the Ante is absolute garbage. And Open Handed is just weak... not as terrible as Up the Anthony, but still, pretty bad.

Bronze goes to Steve. I really wish Second Wind was better cause I like the idea. But there are too many conditions for something that can completely backfire.

• zoozoom6
    zoozoom6 Member Posts: 825
    Options

ash is the only survivor with no perks worth running aside from mom memes. i use ace in the hole from ace and steve looks like he has some situational perks but ash is just bad

• notstarboard
    notstarboard Member Posts: 3,703
    edited October 2020
    Options

Ace. Open Handed is decent with Bond or Kindred, Ace in the Hole is very niche and something I pretty much only run when the tome commands me to open chests, and Up the Ante is only useful in Slippery Meat meme Kobe builds.

Ash would probably be second for me, followed by Quentin or Steve.

• Fog_King
    Fog_King Member Posts: 688
    Options

Ace, no question.

• jotaro
    jotaro Member Posts: 173
    Options

quentin

• Axe
    Axe Member Posts: 1,060
    Options

Ash buckle up is worthless and no one runs it, flip flop is only good for anti slug meme builds, mettle of man is decent but it can take a whole game before you get it to work unless, I know a trick to get it activated very fast but you will trade a hook phase for it

• Rareware0192
    Rareware0192 Member Posts: 360
    Options

The worst ones are Quentin, Ace, and Steve imo.

My vote goes to Steve. I legit think all his perks are trash.

• RoboMojo
    RoboMojo Member Posts: 1,326
    Options

Ash 100%

○ Flip flop is ok in an anti-slugging build but if you don't get slugged then then the perk as well as the build is just completely useless.

○ Buckle up is literally useless, even in the situations where it should be providing value, it doesn't really do much of anything. We're gonna live forever is a strictly better version of this perk thanks to the recent buff it recieved. Extra bp is always nice too.

○ Mettle of man requires a ton of set up to even work and even when it does work it's rarely ever super impactful. Not AWFUL but definitely not good, lol.

A lot of people are saying Ace and as an Ace main myself I must say that while not great his perks at least have niche use lol. Ash's perks are just straight up terrible most of the time whereas with the right build you can get pretty consistent value out of open handed and ace in the hole (not these two together obviously, they don't have any synergy lol)

• modernhighlander
    modernhighlander Member Posts: 27
    Options

You wont be saying that once the new chapter's perks drop.

• DwightFairfield
    DwightFairfield Member Posts: 1,246
    Options
    The Basegame Perks

so many basegame perks are pointless and useless, which sort of forces players to either grind for the lottery that is the shrine or skimp money on a DLC they'll never use except to unlock the perks they need to be successful

• modernhighlander
    modernhighlander Member Posts: 27
    Options

Quentin really got the short end of the stick. Useless perks, and a face only a mother could love :(

• BassTram
    BassTram Member Posts: 195
    Options

Kate. Windows of Opportunity and Boil Over don't really help at all and Dance With Me is only good when paired with another perk.

• Xavier22
    Xavier22 Member Posts: 160
    edited November 2020
    Options

Camaraderie is actually a cracked comp perk believe it or not. Many comp players use it.

• TheButcher6641
    TheButcher6641 Member Posts: 252
    Options
    Dwight, Meg, Claudette, Jake or Nea (Specify)

Seems like quite a controversial opinion but Dwight. In my opinion, his perks just a basically useless. Bond is decent but there are better perks.

• Icery
    Icery Member Posts: 199
    Options

Wraith, has disgusting perks.

• Rothlon
    Rothlon Member Posts: 18
    Options

Ace

• zoozoom6
    zoozoom6 Member Posts: 825
    Options

wraith isnt a survivor also blood hound is great with hemmorage and shadowborne and predator are selectively useful on killers like spirit, hag and nurse

also huntress exists. you a beast of prey believer?

• zmassani
    zmassani Member Posts: 41
    Options

Ace. Everyone else's perks have at least some situations where I reach for them, even if it's just for the sake of changing it up, but his unfortunately don't get any use

• Le_DWK
    Le_DWK Member Posts: 40
    Options

Before I talk about who I think is the worst, I need to address No Mither.

Sure No Mither makes you injured the entire game, but if you're a god tier Survivor and know how to never get hit, perks like Resilience and Desperate Measures can be taken advantage of. Plus if you/your team is exposed for whatever reason, it wouldn't matter and you'd still have access to Dead Hard. Also that 50% noise reduction + No bleeding can come in handy if you're stealthy. AND if the killer slugs you, you can pick yourself back up. Very high risk perk, but can have surprisingly good rewards.

Now... sigh... Buckle Up.

Buckle Up is by far the most pointless perk in the entire game. It lets you know when Survivors are almost done recovering themselves.

Do you know what else can do that? Coms.

Running solo? Just count 20 seconds. Hell, just run the new We're Gonna Live Forever (which you probably are) and you'll get a juicy 100% healing bonus for downed Survivors. You really don't need to know when a Survivor is almost done recovering. Yeah you and the downed Survivor get to see the Killer for 8 seconds but that really doesn't matter because chances are you know the Killer is going to br in your line of sight anyway or around the corner.

Mettle of Man! My favorite gimmick perk. Sadly, MoM is pretty useless and can even ruin games if you don't know what you're doing. There are definitely right and wrong times to take protection hits. These right times can let you escape freely and get healed while also extending time for the other Survivor in a chase. These wrong times can cause you to get downed quickly or maybe it would have been better to do gens or maybe even totems. MoM is fun, but you have to really make a build around MoM and sometimes it won't even work especially against some killers.

Insta down killers like Hillbilly and Leatherface are risky.

Killers that grow more powerful with more Survivors next to them like Plague, Ghostface, or Myers are dangerous, but this can be overcome by taking hits while other Survivors are being carried and even then, you could just endanger yourself while also having the other Survivor still get hooked if done wrong.

Oni is just a straight up counter to MoM as you don't ever want to get hit by Oni ever. Maybe if he was carrying a Survivor while still having full power? That'd be a rare scenario.

Probably the best Killer to go against would be Legion as his power just makes it easy to get Protection Hits.

Flip-Flop is alright but once again you have to make a build around it. You could run it with the new Élodie perk and get better results, but if the Killer just picks you up right away, you'll have no luck.

Ash has the worst base perks. Plz rework Buckle Up.

• Yords
    Yords Member Posts: 5,781
    Options

Steve, all of his perks are too situational and have a very meh reward or just a bad effect in general.

• Rydog
    Rydog Member Posts: 3,275
    Options

Definitely Ash, Steve, and Yui. All other survivors have at least one perk that provides some value (even Ace with Open-Handed and Quentin with Pharmacy). All three perks on all three of these characters just suck.

• Zesty
    Zesty Member Posts: 380
    Options

Aceee!!!!

• feechima
    feechima Member Posts: 896
    Options

Ace. I have two accounts on xbox and pc and I haven't bothered to buy him on either. I think he came for free on my xbox with the 'ultimate' version . I leveled him up enough to use on the rift. Complete garbage. I would have said Ash but finally flip flop is getting some value when paired with power struggle.