i just reached red rank as a killer do others also find it unfun and unfair?

Options
freddymybae
freddymybae Member Posts: 613
edited November 2020 in General Discussions

survivors can have 16 meta perks killer only 4 swf is such a pain in the ass i know they cant nerf it besides slowing gens down but that would be 2 unfair for solo players you have to try hard to get a few hooks and then in end game and after the game the bm starts " noob killer ezzzz u suck "

edit was red before long ago but stopped playing

Comments

• tippy2k2
    tippy2k2 Member Posts: 5,099
    Options

It can be kind of a Hell

The issue to me at least is that at Red Ranks, survivors (generally) know what they are actually doing (unless I'm a survivor of course, then I get the red ranks who have also somehow never played the game in their life). The speed the gens go, using perks effectively, and the using loops effectively and all that stuff that balances out well at lower ranks as survivors are just not as experienced can be absolutely brutal at Red Ranks.

You have to be as effective as humanly possible as killer to have a chance and with how effective survivors who know what they're doing at, any mistake you make is magnified and will likely cost you dearly.

• freddymybae
    freddymybae Member Posts: 613
    Options

ye while u chase one person gens will be popping left and right ruin is nearly a must but in red ranks they go hunt for your totems making you lose a perk slot

• edgarpoop
    edgarpoop Member Posts: 8,098
    edited November 2020
    Options

Most red rank survivors don't run anything optimally and constantly take awful pathing. You'll be fine if you're running tiles efficiently as a killer.

• HulkHodn
    HulkHodn Member Posts: 116
    Options

I never hit red ranks as killer. I think the highest rank i got was 7. But i wonder if there is any diifference because iam stuck at rank 9 and 80% i face are red ranks. Most of the time with meta. Sometimes some stupid bullysquads who think its fun to laugh at a nurse with 2 perks on console. Yesterday a rank 2 survivor called me an exitcamper :/ so in my situation it doesnt matter if iam in the red purple or green ranks. Maybe the sweat is more constant when hitting red ranks.

• Freddy96
    Freddy96 Member Posts: 767
    Options

Hitting red ranks doesn't mean you are already experienced enough to have decent games. Unexperienced survivors carry slightly more experienced killers but once they both meet real red ranks opponents they're not gonna have fun games.

Keep playing and eventually you will be able to get fun games even against experienced opponents

• iBetClaudette
    iBetClaudette Member Posts: 299
    Options

Rank is highly overrated. I've been a red rank survivor since 2018 and I'm nothing special.

• AChaoticKiller
    AChaoticKiller Member Posts: 3,104
    Options

This is soooo true, i was raised in the times of hell for killers and quickly got put in red ranks due to the piping system being about blood points earned.

the difficulty didn't discourage me and i kept playing so nowadays i mostly 3k or 4k even with killers i rarely play. I will still lose against a good team tho unless i'm playing a killer i'm good with and even then i will lose if that team is a meta swf only trying to win by escaping. that's just how the game is.

Still in a way better state than it's ever been in as you can do ok with bad killers and that was rarely the case back then.

• gatsby
    gatsby Member Posts: 2,532
    Options

Honestly, I’ve been in Red Ranks so long that I don’t know anything different. A toxic SWF that gen rushes is pretty much the status quo.

I’ve trained myself to go against the sweatiest tryhards and come out on top. So when I get anything less it turns into a massive blowout at 5 gens.

• MigrantTheGreat
    MigrantTheGreat Member Posts: 1,378
    Options

Survivor meta is all about second chances which to me is only fair against Nurse and Spirit, but the other killer's it's not!

I remember when I was only maybe 20hrs into dbd watching a Monto video! I had said to myself "One of these days I will reach rank 1 killer and at least rank 4 survivor!" If I could go back in time I would tell myself to stay at the lower ranks for the memes and the fun since high rank killer gameplay is still stressful and not very fun!

• hillbillyclaudmain69
    hillbillyclaudmain69 Member Posts: 1,528
    Options

Depending on the killer you are playing, its actually killer sided. I main nurse though so...

• valvarez4
    valvarez4 Member Posts: 868
    Options

16 meta perks but you can use them once (ds, ub, adrenaline,..) and affect only the surv that use it. You have 4, but you can use them many times (b&c, surveillance, undiying, pgtw, noed,..) and they affect all survs.

• Boss
    Boss Member Posts: 13,614
    Options

You mean ranking up or red ranks?

Idc if i rank up or not, but red ranks are by far my least favorite of the 5 colors.

• Artemis_LH
    Artemis_LH Member Posts: 113
    Options

Take a break from killer and play as survivor.

It can be frustrating sometimes, but switching roles for a few matches can really help get back into your groove.

I notice that I have a MUCH easier time after switching back.

• landromat
    landromat Member Posts: 2,193
    Options

They should just make Non-ranked casual mode and dump SWF there

• pseudechis
    pseudechis Member Posts: 3,903
    Options

Yeah I find red ranks to be a mixed bag really. Probably the worst abuse that has been levelled at me, also the most obnoxious in game behaviour has been in the red ranks, and to a similar extent the purples.

The latest challenge was to bust my butt back to the greens while still earning bloodpoints, try it, its harder than you think to get 50k+ BP's and not at least safety pip.

Casual gaming is the bomb, the competitive board flippers can have their red ranks.

• Sunshines83
    Sunshines83 Member Posts: 3
    Options
  • TheClownIsKing
    TheClownIsKing Member Posts: 6,278
    Options

I don’t find red ranks unfair, but it’s bloody hard work.

• sulaiman
    sulaiman Member Posts: 3,214
    Options

while you are right, your point has nothing to do with the topic.

It might be easier for killers, but that still doesnt mean its balanced, just that it is less unbalanced.

you know, 7 is closer to 10 than 5 is, yet 7 is not equal 10. And Killer got from 5 to 7, but 10 still needs to be achived.

• yadielrodriguez
    yadielrodriguez Member Posts: 515
    Options

What i did I took a break and wait to reach rank 20 to play again as prestige 3 killers to have fun lol.

• yadielrodriguez
    yadielrodriguez Member Posts: 515
    Options
  • soyboy4088
    soyboy4088 Member Posts: 7
    Options

It's really not that bad

• TAG
    TAG Member Posts: 12,871
    Options

I'm not in Red Ranks atm (don't really have enough of an opportunity to play currently), but the last time I was there, it didn't feel particularly different from being in, say, purple ranks.

• GeordieKiller
    GeordieKiller Member Posts: 404
    Options

Red ranks are weird as there are times where i go how the hell are these survivors red ranks and there are times where its gg mate in 3 minutes (those kind of matches are awful btw)

There is alot of balance issues going on as i do believe the devs are balancing around mid level plays which in my opinion is a really bad way of balancing pvp/ comp games im a believer in balance for high level plays and let it trickle down to lower levels.

But red ranks do have it fun moments just it takes a few matches to get one haha.

• Psycho_
    Psycho_ Member Posts: 355
    Options

90% of red ranks are doofuses. it takes nothing to pip up to rank 1 anymore. I got my friends account to rank 1 playing oni with no regression or slugging perks. I wish ranks reset like they used to, but I don’t mind slapping rank 10’s that are red rank survivors now.

honestly not looking forward to mmr coming back. If I have to vs swear squads every game, that’s when I’ll stop playing.

work in your chases and game sense man, it’s easier than you think.

• Moundshroud
    Moundshroud Member Posts: 4,458
    Options

So let me get this straight, you DON'T want a proper matchmaking system to come come back online because you don't want to fight against matches that actually challenge you and make you earn your victories? If you have to work for it, you are leaving? You know how that sounds right?

• Psycho_
    Psycho_ Member Posts: 355
    Options

I don’t want to constantly face sweat squads that abuse perks and waste 30 minutes of my time looking for a match because I consistently 4K. Yuppers. Sounds terribly unfun. Waiting 30 minutes for a game of constant sweat and slugging. No one had fun.

• Moundshroud
    Moundshroud Member Posts: 4,458
    Options

You and I must have very different definitions of fun. Me, I want to fight people who are on my level. I do not want to fight people I consistently 4K because I know they can't stand up to me. There is no defending your position.

• gibblywibblywoo
    gibblywibblywoo Member Posts: 3,772
    edited November 2020
    Options

No.

I can't enjoy this game if I'm not being challenged as killer. There's nothing fun about rank resets where I'm chasing Neas who run from pallets and try to loop me at Z walls.

It's boring and not satisfying.

Then again, on the other end of the spectrum you have the rare sweat squads who make you regret ever not picking a meta killer with meta perks. But those are so rare nowadays that I don't even consider it.

I stopped playing Spirit/Freddy/Slinger and Pyramid simply because nothing outside of a 4 man SWF could stop me from getting a minimum of 3 kills per match. I do miss Spirits sense of velocity but going against her more and more recently as survivor and always wanting to give the players a fun game has turned me off her.

• SweetTerror
    SweetTerror Member Posts: 2,694
    Options

Unfortunately this is just the case with dead by daylight - the higher the rank gets, the more sweaty the matches become. This is why I hope that someday dead by daylight will incorporate either a practice mode like what DBD mobile has, or single player challenges like what Friday the 13th has.

I played with a group of friends last night, and for four straight hours we went against high ranking killers that just stomped us repeatedly. It was the day after the rank reset so we went in with the mindset to not care about the outcome, but when you get wrecked over and over, not caring can only take you so far. It would be nice to be able to hop into a single player component if you're getting worked over online. Not to mention it's kind of hard to practice when you're competing against high ranking survivors.

• Teethgrinder83
    Teethgrinder83 Member Posts: 99
    Options

I think the BM is a large part of the issue-certainly is for me and I'm struggling to break out of rank 10. If there wasn't so much blatant taunting then I suspect people would find losing much more tolerable. Such is life