I wonder how many people bought Old Lady before bEhAvIoUr turned it into an outfit

Options
AdelAgustina
AdelAgustina Member Posts: 11
edited November 2020 in General Discussions

I didn't buy this... piece of art, so I'm not angry o anything. It's just that I'm starting to get used to bEhAvIoUr doing ######### like this, and it's sad.

Post edited by AdelAgustina on

Comments

• Dwight_Fairfield
    Dwight_Fairfield Member Posts: 6,794
    Options

I faced like five Bubbas today. Two of them had old lady outfit.

• Justalittlepeeck
    Justalittlepeeck Member Posts: 1,101
    Options

Well that wasn't very nice of them, but I was going to get the full outfit anyway, so I don't really care. Nonetheless, I think if the the fact they changed it into outfit AFTER our feedback is worth some people spending more than they wanted. Unless BHVR did all that on purpose, lol.

• Fog_King
    Fog_King Member Posts: 688
    Options

I didn't see a single killer with this cosmetic yesterday and I didn't even know it was a linked cosmetic. Glad it isn't now, so people can mix and match as they want.

• Elena
    Elena Member Posts: 2,187
    Options

On the PTB it showed it was a set, however when I went back to the live version I was able to mix and match, it was probably a mistake from BHVR but I hope it stays as a non-linked outfit.

• Mister_xD
    Mister_xD Member Posts: 7,669
    Options

i bought it.

its a good cosmetic, i dont mind having all the pieces.

• DaFireSquirtle
    DaFireSquirtle Member Posts: 188
    Options

Is anybody surprised? The game is teaming with bugs and performance issues. Among other things. But they can be counted on in making sure they get their money from our pockets. Don't give me the different teams do different things bs. They earn so much money each year yet still can't fix their game. This shows they don't care unless it's money involved.

• Mooks
    Mooks Member Posts: 14,561
    Options

Then don’t give them any money.

seems like there are people actually enjoying the game even with the flaws so they spend their money on it.

• DaFireSquirtle
    Options

Doesn't matter does it? There are people who will buy up every new skin they can, as long as they make money they'll keep pushing out game breaking bug filled patches one after the other. Dbd is becoming a really scummy game. I don't buy the skins but one person won't make them give us quality gameplay over money.

• jerakal
    jerakal Member Posts: 246
    Options

BHVR valuing their customers once again.

• Ecstasy
    Ecstasy Member Posts: 426
    edited November 2020
    Options

Wait... #########? I just checked for myself.

It's not an outfit anymore and you can mix and match.

This is one of the examples of them doing something good now.

• Mooks
    Options

If everyone who is complaining on this forum would stop supporting the game it would make a difference.

but apparently they all just wanna complain but like the game well enough to continue.

• Elena
    Options

Apparently it's no longer a set so you're all good

• Mooks
    Options

apparently that is exactly the problem some people have now.. which is totally weird..

• Elena
    edited November 2020
    Options

They have a problem with something no longer being a set? Aren't half of the complaints on this forum about linked skins?

• Exerlin
    Exerlin Member Posts: 1,352
    Options

"oh no! Now all the people that bought it thinking they'll only be able to use all three pieces together will be able to mix and match them with his normal and prestige outfit! I hate when the devs give their players more cosmetic options!"

I do not understand your issue with this positive change

• Freki
    Freki Member Posts: 1,903
    Options

I agree, but they want to have their cake and eat it too. I will say this: Many of the bugs reported in game are not true bugs but network issues, latency and people's minds playing tricks on them. I have never once had the silent slug issue, I have had very few game crashes and all of those can be tied to windows having issues. many people try to modify their game but don't want to admit it, many will try to gain every edge possible on others by using third party programs and these programs are the ones that introduces true instability to the game. But they have to complain all the same. Are there bugs? am I just lucky? yea I am. but they haven't found the silent slug bug in how many months? this is probably the case with incorrect audio driver calls on systems that can barely run the game.

• Mooks
    Options

Sadly, I can only give you one upvote, you deserve more

• Teethgrinder83
    Teethgrinder83 Member Posts: 99
    Options

I genuinely feel your sentiments but I guess they've got to keep making money somehow to keep the game running since it was released years ago (although I understand that DLCs like silent Hill and being on console with crossplay brings in new people too). I'm not saying it's right because there's certainly things that need seeing to in-game, I'm just saying that they've got to keep money coming in. I don't buy cosmetics so issues regarding them I'm not particularly aware of but I always buy DLCs even if I hardly play them (I barely play blight at all) so I have their perks and it gives them some money, it's just a shame they don't seem to use it to work on nuts and bolts issues so much

• White_Owl
    White_Owl Member Posts: 3,786
    edited November 2020
    Options

bEhAvIoUr doing [BAD WORD] like this

You mean doing what all the community wanted? I really don't see want's the problem here.

• DaFireSquirtle
    Options

Yeah totally my dude! I understand they are a business and need ways of making money but if you think about it, they actually have four ways of getting money in the game and there making tens of millions each year. First way is buying the base game, personally I think this should be free because of how poor the quality of gameplay is. The bugs and glitches are teaming everywhere. But i also think it should be free because the other three ways they have of making money. Buying dlc. Buying skins. Buying battle pass. Every game I know that has a battle pass and tons of skins to buy is free to play except dbd. Not to mention I think for a game to ask for this money the gameplay should be as good as a free to play game is. I understand we have to pay for license dlc. But it is still sorta pay to win. The shards system is incredibly grindy and to get anywhere near the amount of shards to buy characters it takes months. The shrine of secrets is completely random and not reliable. But I would be fine with the dlc being paid for if the game was free to play.

The reason I don't have much respect left for dbd is because they continually give us buggy patches and low optimisation. Yet they think it's ok to charge all that money.

The rift is designed to buy super annoying and grindy so you spend some cells of those last few tiers then you have to buy more for next pass so on. It's a cycle. A very not friendly cycle.

This and people having their views censored is really making loose faith in dbd.

• Teethgrinder83
    Options

When i initially started to read your comment I thought to myself "come on, the game shouldn't be free, clearly not expensive but not free" but when I continued I realised that you've definitely got a point-I think the reason I had those first thoughts was down to the fact I started playing dbd when it was on xbox game pass and once I could see the game was getting under my skin (in a good way) I was able to buy it at a reduced rate if I remember correctly, mind you my memory really isn't the best lol I also don't buy the game pass either, I basically bought the game, buy every dlc and that's all so the ways you mentioned of them making money hadn't entered my thoughts very much till now. So yeah, you've definitely got a point

On the other hand I just feel the devs get a lot of grief needlessly and that's maybe a small part of why they don't seem to listen to the legit concerns people have about the game, maybe it's got to the point where they've had to mostly tune out all the chatter and only a trickle of what this game really does need gets through to them. I hope that makes sense lol I'm not trying to say the devs are blameless I just think it's maybe harder to concentrate on what needs done when everyone shouts different things at once. Things have been changing for the better compared to what I've read it used to be like but maybe not enough. On the other hand there are consistent problems that players often repeat to the devs that they should be paying attention to. Also yeah the shrine, not reliable at all which is partly why I just buy the dlcs when they come out lol

I've been coming across people saying they censor people quite a lot lately, has something happened recently or changed because in the past 3 weeks or so? I've really seen a spike of people who've been saying this

• DaFireSquirtle
    edited November 2020
    Options

First things first. Thank you for actually hearing me out you've got a good head on your shoulders I can tell and I totally agree with you that it must be a total pain to have so much negativity that yeah I think only a little bit of what actually needs to change happens. I started playing the game around about the time it first came to xbox. And like you I really loved it..still do? But now I'm not so sure that I love the direction it's heading. My first memories where playing as the newly released clown and watching the teasers of the spirit. This was before the battle pass. And the game to it's credit was extremely fun. Still is in some ways but that unfortunately hasn't lasted.

I genuinely love this game but something needs to change. But remember we should give credit to the devs if they do something good.

Post edited by Gay Myers (Luzi) on
  • gibblywibblywoo
    gibblywibblywoo Member Posts: 3,772
    Options

Yeah it was a set when I checked the store 30 minutes after its release. That's neat.

Was hoping they'd add more unlockable survivor masks. I want Janeface. Then I can be ultimate thiccboi

• Kind_Lemon
    Kind_Lemon Member Posts: 2,559
    Options

hell no would I buy the full outfit. The body was the only part that was of much interest to me, and with that option taken away, I honestly see no reason to pay money for the full thing.

• Teethgrinder83
    Options

No worries, I always at least try and listen to others perspectives when they seem genuine, put myself in others shoes etc...best way to learn and grow I think, and thank you for the kind compliment :)

Yeah personally I don't think I could put up with so many people throwing negativity towards something I'd made (that's why I'm not a game developer I suppose lol) but on the other hand it does come with the territory. I can be really torn when it comes to the devs, on 1 hand I understand things may be difficult but on the other there are fundamental things like bugs that sometimes take a long time to fix. Unfortunately your certainly not alone with being concerned about the direction the games headed, I've seen many posts saying the same thing-all I can say is I hope that BHVR doesn't take a huge wrong turn and alienate half the player base, that's the trouble with keeping a game like this alive, the base needs to keep active and if they choose not to listen to genuine problems then i fear that's what will happen. Unfortunately I think some people don't help when they just hurl abuse at the devs

Let's keep our fingers crossed that things do change. I absolutely agree with what you say about also giving credit when it's due-that's one thing about dbd that has bothered me from the start, there's so much negativity, whether it's towards the devs or towards eachother (I swear I've never played a game quite so full of taunting BM and toxicity, it's what puts me off the game more than anything else and I don't know why as it hasn't bothered me in other games).

Anyway as I said, let's hope things don't veer way off track and push people away

• Mooks
    Options

I thought they unlinked it so you actually can buy the body on its own?

did they revert that!?

• Kind_Lemon
    Kind_Lemon Member Posts: 2,559
    Options

oh, I was just going off of this post, and I might have misinterpreted it...

thought the OP was saying it had just changed away from that, but I could be wrong.

• Mooks
    Options

It was a set first but got changed to 3 separate cosmetics shortly after which resulted in some confusion.

• DaFireSquirtle
    Options

Yeah again I agree with you people are very rude and cruel towards the devs but I'd say there isn't that much compared to the mountains of constructive they unfortunately seem to ignore. The censorship to me is full proof that as much as I love the devs they can't really take criticism even if it's constructive unless you praise them at the exact same time. I think it's a little big headed of them to censor people's valid opinions. When they have certain streamers (can't say their name) who are actively abusing their position to get around things like dcing or being extremely toxic and verbally abusive to players.

Sadly almost half of the community is extremely toxic. Survivors teabagging flashlight spamming etc is extremely common along with the barrage of post game messages accusing you of hacking or cheating, along with homophobic, racist and sexist slurs to show how bad of a person they are.

Killers are different...I have never recieved a toxic message from them. I have obviously met tunneling killers with the odd mori thrown in their which yeah sucks but is a lot less frequent due to the fact you go against one killer at a time and four survivors, hence why there's more toxic survivors.

They really do bring the community down. But the devs aren't exactly helping. If anything things they do sorta make it worse. I do feel bad for them tho because like you I can never be a game dev, it's way to hard lol. But I I'm sorry to say that unlike you which is maybe because you've not played as long so maybe you have more patience left but I've kinda lost a lot of respect for them as they push out worse and worse content and patches. Don't even get me started on the Halloween event. But they still charge the same prices. The game should be free to play. The base game is not even worth a price tag anymore imo. It's so buggy and glitchy. The reason I don't like the battle pass is because it's designed to be frustrating to get you to spend money to finish it. Plus battle passes I think should be reversed for free to play games especially if theirs a premium track. They get more then 100 million a year. But they can't fix their game? But they can't hire more people to help fix the game? But they can release poorly designed battle passes, skins and dlc that breaks the game with its bugs and glitches.

I just don't understand why they think this is okay. I hope they change something soon because if Halloweens massive drop in players is concerned, people are fed up.

We know the devs can do amazing things, getting rid of infinite loops(even tho they're actually adding them back in with breakable walls), end game collapse(I honestly can't believe we ever beat survivors without it lol).

So yeah. That's my opinion on the game. L