We deployed a fix to solve an issue preventing players from unhooking, healing or picking up Survivors. Players will need to reboot to see the change reflected in-game. Thank you for your patience!

Coup De Grace could be a fun and powerful perk.

If it gets a buff. Currently you get one loop stopper if you time it right, if you dont the token is gone and you get no value. I see a couple way to solve this

1. Missing an attack won't remove the token but if miss twice then the stack is removed.

2. You get more tokens for each gen completed.

3. Add more ways to get Coup De Grace tokens but they should be farely specific.

4. Once the end-game activates gain 3 tokens.

5. For every hook you get that isn't the previously hooked survivor you get a token.

6. Every death also gives you tokens.

These are a lot of things, some may be too good or too weak. I came up with them right now... Sooooo. Criticize away!

Comments

• TheClownIsKing
    TheClownIsKing Member Posts: 6,278

I think Coup De Grace is very cleverly designed. It’ll teach players that lunge way too much (and miss a lot, or are simply far too lucky) to start being way more conservative with that base ability.

It’ll make players properly think about when to lunge, and Coup De Grace gives the added reward of when a lunge is used in an appropriate circumstance, the pay off should be that a hit is guaranteed, like when a survivor attempts a DH for distance then vault.

• MadLordJack
    MadLordJack Member Posts: 8,814

With M&K lunging is fine because you can make the necessary micro-adjustments. I think that alone is going to create a bit of a divide where good controller users get lots out of this perk and good M&K users have a trade-off.

• AGM
    AGM Member Posts: 806

I'd prefer something along the lines of "For each completed generator, gain a token. For each token, lunge duration is permanently increased by 5%, up to a maximum of 25%." Simple, powerful, effective, and consistent.

Current CdG is too messy. If you need to lunge but don't need the longer lunge right then, tough luck, goodbye token. Then there's also the awkwardness of not really being able to tell how far your lunge will reach, which will be odd to learn seeing as how you are only able to use it 5 times per game, max.

• Withered8
    Withered8 Member Posts: 1,241

I wouldn't mind seeing a change to this perk but they've gotta be careful with how they do it. Giving that many tokens like you said would break many killer's powers and probably be too strong. Last thing I wanna see is for people to be spamming extra long lunges.

• Nosferatu3145
    Nosferatu3145 Member Posts: 542

#########? Only new players "miss lunges way too much", five tokens per game isn't gonna teach nobody anything.

What is probably going to happen is forget that you have that token and simply waste it, and then you switch to a better perk on the next match.

• mistar_z
    mistar_z Member Posts: 857
    edited November 2020

The perk is good. but the requirement of losing a generator for one hit is ridiculous as a chase shortener/ender when survivors can use deadhard for free every 40 seconds by four different survivors to buy one loop or another damn chase.

At best you'll get two-three uses of it in a match.

At worst you'll get five uses, but you're already losing the game at that point.

It'll probably be great on pig, demo, phead and caleb tho since they can down with m2.

• Yffriium
    Yffriium Member Posts: 140

GDC, in its current state, is actually super strong. Being able to end four chases faster each match is not something to be overlooked. In many cases, the perk can be incredibly oppressive, giving killers hits that normally they wouldn't get.

Consider that in your average 9-hook game, you have to hit survivors around 18 times, assuming they heal after every unhook. CDG would allow you to get 4 of those hits much easier, which can be game changing.

• TheClownIsKing

“Only new players miss lunges way too much"

No, only bad survivors get regularly hit by lunges. It’s easy for survivors to dodge lunges if a killer is just using a lunge most of the time when instead they should be doing just a basic swing.

• Kolonite
    Kolonite Member Posts: 1,346

I honestly think they should continue letting Pig's and Demo's lunge not consume stacks. The killers already aren't great so giving them a fun perk to play around with isn't so bad. I like most of these changes too.

• Nosferatu3145
    Nosferatu3145 Member Posts: 542

You don't know what you're talking about man. I have yet to see a good killer that do not lunge. Unless you're waiting for the dead hard there's absolute no reason to not lunge. Why would i wait 3 more seconds to get close enough to swing?

And if the survivor manage to dodge, okay. I will be expecting that and next time i wont miss.

• TheClownIsKing
  • PsychoLEPrecon
    PsychoLEPrecon Member Posts: 10

Planning on using this on my teir 1 Myers.

• NomiNomad
    NomiNomad Member Posts: 3,178
  • zoozoom6
    zoozoom6 Member Posts: 825

seems like a huge buff to hag and nurse not that they needed it

• PsychoLEPrecon
    PsychoLEPrecon Member Posts: 10

I think it's going to give him an amazing buff. The biggest problem I have with him is people running lithe, so a way to increase his movement speed combined with increased lunge It's going to make it even harder for survivors going against him.