It is very rare that they have not taught "something" about the Early Game.

Since the devs announced that they are working on a new mechanic for the game called "Early Game", we are at the end of the year and still we do not know anything, no small progress, I would like you to advance us something in the next few weeks.

Comments

• valvarez4
    valvarez4 Member Posts: 868

That”s because they can”t improve killers more, they have 70% of kill rate yet. Also the only counterplay against some killers/addons/campers is genrushing.

• SeeAndWait
    SeeAndWait Member Posts: 94

I hope it would be soon, I want to see new mechanics.

• 53nation
    53nation Member Posts: 681

I'd be surprised if anything came of this. Ruin/Undying, Corrupt and Discordance are probably serviceable enough for killers in BHVR's eyes.

End game collapse was necessary because games could last very long. Can one argue that early game collapse is *needed* and not just wanted?

Would they invest the resources in something that would make the survivor experience worse? (Or at least slightly irritating). They are the $ makers.

What would it even look like? Some ghetto corrupt intervention where 2 gens are blocked for 30sec? Their idea could be interesting, but the solo survivor experience is already rough.

• Warcrafter4
    Warcrafter4 Member Posts: 2,917

Given those statistics include first hook suicides and DC games its hard to take those stats seriously.

A survivor DCing in a game pretty much dooms their 3 teammates to death so even without the DC itself counting as a kill it still gives a 75% KR.

Also before you say about "what if the killer DCS" if the killer players DC at the same proportional rate aka 1/4th as much then its still heavily inflates the KR

4 survivor DCing across 4 games dooms 12 teammates.

1 killer DC only gives 4 survivors an escape.

DC games cause KR hyperinflation.

• Crowman
    Crowman Member Posts: 9,371

I doubt the devs have much to say as it seems like their top priority is updating all the maps.

• valvarez4
    valvarez4 Member Posts: 868

Michael with ultra addons and a little of camper can 4 easily, yes. And if the escape rate on average is 22% and you make survs lost time at the start it could be 15%. And if as killers say swf always escape then as solo surv you can”t escape, that”s all. It could be because of DC, people which kill themselves or whatever you want, but you won”t escape. Imagine giving an infinite tier 3 Michael 2/3 mins more, or a face camper a free hook because you can”t start doing a gen

• Th3Nightmare
    Th3Nightmare Member Posts: 1,266

They want to incorporate this mechanic so that the killers have time, where it suffers the most is the early game, check out the special 4 anniversary streaming.

• darktrix
    darktrix Member Posts: 1,790

They don't count DCs - they throw those games out. As for hook suicides - I thought that's what killers wanted, easy games.

• Mooks
    Mooks Member Posts: 14,709

Well they announced it during the anniversary stream so I actually hoped to see it before that ends. And they got still time for that.

i guess they advanced well with their map reworking process since we saw 6 maps reworks in a full chapter. So it’s time to see something bigger for the mid chapters!

• Warcrafter4
    Warcrafter4 Member Posts: 2,917

They didn't say for this years statistics that they removed DC games this time around which is why the red rank KR is hyper inflated compared to last year's statistics.

I Mean FFS Demo has about the same KR has last year's billy(Aka full power billy) something is off about that.