Why are survivors so scared to drop pallets?

Options

Now a days I've had a lot more chases on very safe loops with survivors who refuse to drop pallets. They wait until you're just barely about to hit them. Now I agree pre-dropping is dumb, but I've seen other posts where survivors complain about killers leaving loops like this. What do they expect is to do? Just waste our time??

Comments

• danielmaster87
    danielmaster87 Member Posts: 8,600
    Options

They think they need to conserve pallets for later, but they're supposed to be used to extend chases. Instead they're going down under god pallets all the time when they should be using them to do a longer chase.

• EthanW
    EthanW Member Posts: 82
    Options

just wants to save them if for future use :p

• mouse0270
    mouse0270 Member Posts: 849
    Options

Can I assume your a console player or something? Because this isn't new to PC players. Most survivors will loop a pallet for as long as possible before dropping a pallet. Even then most wont leave the loop until they force the killer to break the pallet.

For example, when I play survivor, I'll loop a pallet without dropping it if I am uninjured, at which point I still wont drop it until I am injured. No reason to waste a pallet to stay uninjured. When I can extend a pallet for 4-8 loops and then more so when I stay there and force the killer to break the pallet before leave.

The reason, I asked if you are console, is because I noticed with the addition of crossplay, more and more players with the little globe tend to early drop pallets, where those without do not.

• MrPeterPFL
    MrPeterPFL Member Posts: 636
    Options

End game chase is more crucial imo. It’s important to distract the killer long enough for the others to push the last gen.

• Ohnoes
    Ohnoes Member Posts: 608
    edited November 2020
    Options

Because that's how you're supposed to do it. Use it till you can't. The problem with it is the game has killer side hit detection though so you're risking getting hit through the pallet when really you dropped it before the hit.

• Tricks
    Tricks Member Posts: 957
    Options

I have no problems dropping the pallet early, foregoing the pallet stun if it's a safe pallet that would force the killer to break line of sight for a significant period of time, enough for me to double back or go an unexpected route and escape.

• BigTimeGamer
    BigTimeGamer Member Posts: 1,752
    Options

"I've seen other posts where survivors complain about killers leaving loops like this. What do they expect is to do? Just waste our time??"

that means the survivor won the chase

if I see someone throw down pallets willy-nilly or refuse to play risky, I know they are a weak link

• OniKobayashi
    OniKobayashi Member Posts: 274
    Options

They sure do waste them when I play Clown. Almost as if pallets are the #2 counter to him or something.

• GamerGirlFeng
    GamerGirlFeng Member Posts: 277
    Options

There's also an issue lately where pallets just don't fall even while spamming the button. It's extremely frustrating on survivor end too when this happens.

• EvilJoshy
    EvilJoshy Member Posts: 5,295
    Options

If you can loop for as long as possible and drop the pallet "without" getting hit then good job. If I suspect I will get hit regardless of what I do then I won't drop the pallet to try to save it for later.

• kaeru
    kaeru Member Posts: 1,568
    Options

When pallet is not dropped it restrain killer by itself. Survivors are not scared to drop pallet. They scare you with pallet. Of course good killers not affraid of pallet as much as new killers. But it still make them play more carefully. Survivor can make several loops before drop a pallet, or even not drop it and gain distance while you not see him. So pallet waste killer's time even if it not dropped. This is why expirienced survivors doesn't drop pallets without good reason.

• MrLimonka
    MrLimonka Member Posts: 545
    Options

It's actually better to get injured than to drop a good safe pallet.

The more pallets there are, the more easier it is to extend chases. That is why survivors utilize them as efficiently as possible

• GoodBoyKaru
    GoodBoyKaru Member Posts: 22,651
    Options

Because I know I have to save any and every pallet that I see when the baby Meg patrol be dropping them all on the map like they hot potatoes and still going down and all I can do is be there like

• StardustSpeedway
    StardustSpeedway Member Posts: 882
    Options

If I'm healthy, why would I waste a pallet? The only time I'm dropping a pallet when I'm healthy is if I'm facing an insta down killer. That's it. Otherwise I'll loop and won't drop any until I'm injured.

• OF_Skinwalker
    OF_Skinwalker Member Posts: 3
    Options

If you notice that the killer respects pallets, it's a decent strat to run through rather than dropping it. The killer will pause momentarily and you'll have gained a small amount of distance that way

• Mandy
    Mandy Administrator, Dev, Community Manager Posts: 22,528
    Options

Pallets are a limited resource to survivors so good survivors will avoid dropping certain pallets - if I'm not already injured for example and it's early in the match I won't drop shack pallet for example.

yes, I'm the same way...I'd rather take the hit from the killer, use the speed boost to get me to another loop/window rather than wasting a really good pallet.

• Kolonite
    Kolonite Member Posts: 1,346
    Options

Who cares about pallets? This comment was made by Nurse Gang

• Hoodied
    Hoodied Member Posts: 13,001
    Options
  • TheMikeOTR
    TheMikeOTR Member Posts: 62
    Options

I get survivors who drop pallets like crazy. Like I could just be 20 miles and they are dropping pallets

• AlexisFox
    AlexisFox Member Posts: 127
    Options

If a survivor doesn't drop a pallet and a killer 'respects the pallet' (for those that may not know this term it means the killer doesn't go under it but stops short so the survivor will throw it without getting a stun) then the survivor can continue running the loop longer using up more of the killer's time. This extends the chase without using up the pallet which is a limited resource in the game. It's not about trying to ensure getting the stun to not have wasted it because a survivor that camps the pallet and throws it getting the stun doesn't get as much value out of that limited resource as the survivor that loops it and mind games when to throw it.