I swear all pc players camp and tunnel

Options
mystix042006
mystix042006 Unconfirmed, Member Posts: 1
edited April 2022 in General Discussions

Since cross play has happened I swear all players that have camped and tunnel are pc players and I’m a Xbox player so it’s super difficult to 360 and all that and it’s getting super annoying that I can’t disable cross platform so I can get rid of this issue

I’m not calling pc players bad it’s just do you seriously need to ruin a fun game for everyone by camping and tunnelling?

Post edited by EQWashu on

Comments

• ZerLukas
    ZerLukas Member Posts: 294
    Options

Fun is a really subjective thing. Maybe they really do see camping and tunneling as fun. Or just competitively viable. Not many people do that with an intent to ruin someone's fun.

360 rarely works against a killer who has a stable 60 fps, so relying on them is usually a bad idea.

• MeltingPenguins
    MeltingPenguins Member Posts: 3,742
    Options

I get that experience more from console killers.

But the reason is more some big name streamers convincing people it's a 'good tactic', because only the 4k counts

• I_am_Negan
    I_am_Negan Member Posts: 3,756
    Options

Camping and tunneling killers are on all platforms

But the reason is more some big name streamers convincing people it's a 'good tactic', because only the 4k counts

• xenofon13
    xenofon13 Member Posts: 1,241
    Options

This is true. I turned on cross play couple weeks ago for faster q's.

3 games in a row hard camp and tunnel. Cross play off immediately.

• Tjiani
    Tjiani Member Posts: 78
    Options

This is why I stopped playing this game. I haven't been playing DBD for 6 months or so. Decided to give a shot again to see if things had improved. Played around 25 matches in a row, only 3 killers didn't tunnel, more than half brought a mori. This game is broken beyond compare. Killers get more bloodpoints for tunneling and camping 1 or 2 survivors, than 1 survivor does for doing almost every objective in the map.

I play solo survivor, as all of my friends has stopped playing DBD. We started out 8, I was the last to leave. Almost every ######### match, our team gets stomped 4-5 mins within the match. (Purple rank). Usually the killer will get around 25-30.00 and most survivors get around 7-15.000 points. The killer will tunnel the first person, mori him, do the same with the next person, and with 2 people left, you face a certain death and can only pray you find the hatch before the killer does. I really don't understand why you Behavior, reward this kind of playstyle. You won't get a penny more from me, that's for certain..

• CustomerService
    CustomerService Member Posts: 479
    Options

Yeah, that’s basically every match I get.

• CustomerService
    CustomerService Member Posts: 479
    Options

Pretty much this. Honestly, stop trying to 360. It doesn’t work.

• th3
    th3 Member Posts: 1,808
    Options

Pc takes the game more seriously than console, which is why pc players are more try hard. This means pc players an have this view that console players are are guaranteed to throw because of the decisions they make in game.

• xenofon13
    xenofon13 Member Posts: 1,241
    Options

This doesn't make any sense bud. Loops and mindgames are the same across all platforms.

I played a lot matches as killer and survivor when cross play introduced. PC has potateos like console.

PC has better fps and graphics. Try hard doesn't mean necessarily camp and tunnel.

• Exellen
    Exellen Member Posts: 49
    Options

Well from my observations 70-80% of killers below red rank are tunelling quite hard. I highly recommend wearing borrowed and ds, otherwise your game may end pretty damn fast. The worst scenario is when tunneled survivor is total potato who dont know anyting about looping and dies at 3-4 gens remaining

• EvilJoshy
    EvilJoshy Member Posts: 5,295
    edited November 2020
    Options

The same can be said about console killers. I'm on PC and since they introduced cross play it feels like 90% of console killers I find face camp. For face camping I feel the problem is 2 fold. Most survivors fall for face camping. They sit there doing nothing, hoping to get a save. Meanwhile no gens are getting done. The killer gets 4k and they think "This seems to be working. I'll keep doing it". Against real red survivors face camping isn't going to work. If more survivors countered camping properly there would be less killers doing it.

• th3
    th3 Member Posts: 1,808
    Options

Try hard absolutely encompasses tunneling and camping. Both of those are definitely ways to win which is attractive for killers than losing.

I’ve played enough games on both sides to confidently say that a vast majority of console players are worse than pc. I attribute that to the lack of competitiveness on console.

if loops and mind games are the same across all platforms then cross players drop pallets more frequently wasting them, go down after dropping safe pallets, bring the killer to a hooked survivor.

• bm33
    bm33 Member Posts: 8,097
    Options

Killers camp/tunnel on all platforms (and ranks) and have been since before crossplay. It's been a complaint by survivors since before crossplay. It's why DS/BT/Unbreakable are used so much by survivors on all platforms since before crossplay.

• TheButcher
    TheButcher Member Posts: 871
    edited November 2020
    Options

"Killer tunneled me" = "I got caught for making bad plays"

• Kjetrr
    Kjetrr Member Posts: 43
    Options

With all these '[platform] players bad'-threads we could power a small town with nuclear energy since the horse has been beaten long enough that its atoms have started to split.

• JHondo
    JHondo Member Posts: 1,174
    Options

I play on PC and since crossplay I've noticed a higher number of mori and NOED when I play Survivor and a higher amount of immersion when I play Killer. But all in all there hasn't been a big difference. Every platform has potatoes, every platform has sweaty try hards, and every platform has scummy players on both sides. Either turn crossplay off and go back to your placebo bubble or understand that other than minor ways players from both sides approach the trials on various platforms we're all playing the same game.

• The_Bootie_Gorgon
    The_Bootie_Gorgon Member Posts: 2,340
    Options

tunneling should be renamed to chase camping...

• Demogordon_Ramsay
    Demogordon_Ramsay Member Posts: 1,503
    Options

I swear all console players DC on first down.

• Vulpes44
    Vulpes44 Member Posts: 1
    Options

For me as a Ps4 player every killer I go against is bad if they are from another system, I only ever die to other Ps4 players. While on PC no one seems to be good when I play on PC. Ps4 survivors also do better against me when I play killer on Ps4. PC survivors act like no thumbs when im on PC as killer.

• thisisntmax
    thisisntmax Member Posts: 231
    Options

i swear all console killers hit me through windows and after being stunned by a pallet

• deadbyhitbox
    deadbyhitbox Member Posts: 1,117
    edited November 2020
    Options

Yes, I certainly made a bad play by being farmed in the killers face by a stupid teammate. Saying I was tunneled just means that I was the one who made the bad plays.

• Freki
    Freki Member Posts: 1,903
    Options

I'm a pc player, played survivor today faced 4 of 5 killers were crossplay and 3 of those 4 tunneled and camped. I'm not crying that all console players are tunnelers and campers! Stop blaming crossplay for your bad games. there are litterally 1000's of people playing this at any one time your matches are 40 to 80 people over all in a day? I don't say it's a great strat but it IS a strat. get off your console vs pc complaints.

• sekkima
    sekkima Member Posts: 194
    edited November 2020
    Options

It is part of the mechanics, if a killer wants to win he has to take out a player before there are 3 gens remaining.

If you don't like it then learn to play, when you are good at it almost always the killer tries to avoid persecution with you.

• carnage4u
    carnage4u Member Posts: 338
    Options

Both console and PC killers will tunnel/camp and you sometimes that is the correct choice for their chance to win. This is a game where 1 killer has to juggle and deal with 4 opponents. You will be slugged from time to time, you will be camped, you will be tunneled. These are part of the game.

If you cannot get over these details. You should move on. Killers have to deal with a LOT of crazy ######### survivors can do as well, and they that is part of the game. For every 1 thing you absolutely hate a killer does, there is an opposite thing you do that a killer 100% hates. This is the game. Trying to make someone else play differently because you don't like it will never resolve the issue.

• MrPenguin
    MrPenguin Member Posts: 2,387
    Options

killers on every platform tunnel kills because its encouraged by the game. The same way survivors on every platform tunnel gens.

Doing the objective quickly is best for both sides. If you have a problem with killers tunneling you have a problem with killers doing their objective well.

Either both sides should be allowed to do their objective well or both sides should agree not to for the sake of fun. Can't have one standard for one side and a different one for the other.

• ChainsawsChickenNBBQ
    Options

I swear all tunnels camp at the PC

This discussion has been closed.