The Hatch should not open unless only 1 or 2 gens is left.

Vortexas
Vortexas Member Posts: 757
edited October 2018 in General Discussions

Prove me wrong.

Pic unrelated.

Comments

• Malakir
    Malakir Member Posts: 799
    edited October 2018
    scerckan said:
    oh my god, a main killer bitching? this must be a new trend 
    Especially after a dozen of threads of survivors bitching about the new patch, it is.

Even if this thread its stupid since dont take in consideration even how the mechanic of the hatch works
  • PhantomMask20763
    PhantomMask20763 Member Posts: 5,176

If a survivor escapes through hatch when the gates are not opened it counts as a kill in my eyes. Unless they took a key.

• AgentTalon
    AgentTalon Member Posts: 331
    edited October 2018

I don't think the number of gens remaining is the issue with the hatch. It needs a rework on how it works but not really when it opens or becomes available to open, should there be a mechanic change.

• Rebel_Raven
    Rebel_Raven Member Posts: 1,775
    edited October 2018
    Slug the last 2, and kill the hatch play. Simple.

It's not free. The team needs at least 2 gens done, and some survivors will not do them. 
    The survivor has to know where the hatch is, and get to it before the killer does, or outwit the killer if the killer is there.
    Then the killer can just stand on it, and wait for the survivor to do something dumb, or use the environment to their advantage. 

The killer has to be overzealous enough to even let the hatch open without being prepared for it

• AgentTalon

@brokedownpalace said:
    PhantomMask20763 said:

If a survivor escapes through hatch when the gates are not opened it counts as a kill in my eyes. Unless they took a key.

Whatever helps you sleep at night.

It's so silly how desperate some of you are for 4ks. You will literally willfully delude yourself into believing that an escape is a kill.

I'm fine with a hatch escape in 1 of 2 scenarios.

1: The survivor has basically camped out the whole game waiting for a 3k and hatch escape, low BP is my indicator for this.

2: The escaped survivor is injured when they get out. I count that as a 50/50. They live but took a hit, seems fair to me.

• Volfawott
    Volfawott Member Posts: 3,893
    edited October 2018
    Malakir said:
    Let's say nobody but you did gens. you did 2 genes, your mates died because they prefer road and say hi to the killer. Plus the math for gens and hatch spawn is legit, number of general done - survivors alive plus one to spawn the hatch. The problems are other things like the boring stand offs
    I dislike the Hatch mechanics for one simple reason. A lot of the time it could very easily go to the person who did absolutely nothing to earn it and I'm pretty sure even as survivors you know those type of people the guys who basically start hiding and waiting for others to die once they realise the game is kind of a lost cause.

While I would say I personally feel like survivors should have to earn the escape considering their side did lose and I don't really consider two generators being popped within the game span earning it. Which is why I did really like the Hatch closing ideas whether it was popping a generator open Hatch or it triggering the endgame leaving the survivor to open an exit gate.

But I would suggest that the killer should at least get a forced escape bonus if someone has to go for the hatch it would be at least a decent band Aid fix for example 1000 or 2000 blood points if someone jumps through hatch
  • tizzi717
    tizzi717 Member Posts: 89

i don't get it why did you complain about hatch. You can get 4k even if the hatch is ready to spawn. It's your problem to be not very smart in this game

• jwentzel987
    jwentzel987 Member Posts: 150
    Malakir said:
    Let's say nobody but you did gens. you did 2 genes, your mates died because they prefer road and say hi to the killer. Plus the math for gens and hatch spawn is legit, number of general done - survivors alive plus one to spawn the hatch. The problems are other things like the boring stand offs
    I dislike the Hatch mechanics for one simple reason. A lot of the time it could very easily go to the person who did absolutely nothing to earn it and I'm pretty sure even as survivors you know those type of people the guys who basically start hiding and waiting for others to die once they realise the game is kind of a lost cause.

While I would say I personally feel like survivors should have to earn the escape considering their side did lose and I don't really consider two generators being popped within the game span earning it. Which is why I did really like the Hatch closing ideas whether it was popping a generator open Hatch or it triggering the endgame leaving the survivor to open an exit gate
    I do agree with you. I've played with plenty of survivors who will do nothing but hide the entire game or just run around never touching a gen or totem and then expect you to do all the work. Those types of players should be punished imo but I doubt that would ever happen.
  • jwentzel987

@Malakir said:

Basically this. The Survivors still did their job (admitedly poorly) so the Survivor who did the "best" job should at least have a chance to escape. Taking it from a perspective of a Survivor it is pretty much impossible to do 3 gens solo against a killer.

The problem with the hatch is really how unintutive for both sides it is. I think the ability to close the hatch for the tradeoff of powering the exit gates was good. You can trade the single exit point for two exit points with a delay; perfectly managable for a Hillbilly or another high mobility killer.
    Another concept I personally had was to place a "key ring" in the basement that would have a dull key on it. (I assume the key would only spawn if you were the last survivor though.) This would give the killer two points to defend (one that they actually know the location of) instead of just forcing them to find the hatch, but at the same time the killer wouldn't just be able to camp the key ring since a survivor could still do gens to open the gates. It would also provide more use for the basement and actually make perks like Territorial Imperative useful.

I like this idea
  • huckleberry
    huckleberry Member Posts: 6
    There should be a required amount of BP earned by the last survivor before the hatch can be used.  This way if the survivor hid/hides like a chump letting their teamates do all work and die that remaing survivor that did nothing should receive nothing but a hook.  
  • AgentTalon

@huckleberry said:
    There should be a required amount of BP earned by the last survivor before the hatch can be used.  This way if the survivor hid/hides like a chump letting their teamates do all work and die that remaing survivor that did nothing should receive nothing but a hook.  

Like a key that appears in your inventory after a certain BP is hit.

• brokedownpalace
    brokedownpalace Member Posts: 8,792
    The hatch provides hope against a really good killer or when you're teamed up with really bad survivors. Take the hatch away or put too many restrictions on it and you'll get a buttload more DCs. I guarantee you'll be back here complaining about that soon after.
  • alivebydeadight
    alivebydeadight Member Posts: 1,559

@Vortexas said:
    Prove me wrong.

Pic unrelated.

your question just has so many arguments around it, hatch is fine how it is and im a killer main, survivors do 2 gens and 1 survivor remains, that leaves them a chance to atleast escape, getting 3 kills/ sacrifices means you have won the match, so hatch spawns if 2 gens have been done giving the remaining survivor a chance to atleat get escape bloodpoints

• alivebydeadight
    alivebydeadight Member Posts: 1,559

*atleast

• McCree
    McCree Member Posts: 294

@Demonsouls1993 said:
    Malakir said:

scerckan said:

oh my god, a main killer bitching? this must be a new trend 

Especially after a dozen of threads of survivors bitching about the new patch, it is.

Even if this thread its stupid since dont take in consideration even how the mechanic of the hatch works

Hatch is a stupid mechanic oh look 3 kills let's give the last survivor a free escape there should be no hatch ur team died before all gens are done u should die to

Bad teammates are a stupid mechanic... oh look 3 deaths I suppose I'm also going to die because it so happened that my teammates which I don't decide because whenever I do killers complain in other regard were hella bad which ended with only me doing gens. I'm definitely supposed to be punished for that.

• Vortexas

Still no ones proved me wrong.

The last survivor is not entitled to a free escape, which is exactly what the Hatch is considering Bhvr bitc hed out on the close the hatch change, and have NOT mentioned when or IF it will be revisited.

• SoylentPixie
    SoylentPixie Member Posts: 1,192

Yet another 'prove me wrong' thread that isn't actually asking for anyone to prove them wrong because they have already made up their mind. Useless to argue with essentially. You do you.

• PhantomMask20763
    PhantomMask20763 Member Posts: 5,176

@brokedownpalace said:
    PhantomMask20763 said:

It's so silly how desperate some of you are for 4ks. You will literally willfully delude yourself into believing that an escape is a kill.

Eh I main Freddy, I don't care about 4k's. It's just the hatch is really uninteresting and I never want to waste my time on a standoff when I can play another match lol. Also if they played horribly but get 2 gens done it's basically a free escape for bad players. But if there was a really good player that did his best but his team brought him down then that person deserves a chance to escape. No need to reward bad play.

• Nightmare247
    Nightmare247 Member Posts: 187

@Vortexas said:

The last survivor is not entitled to a free escape, which is exactly what the Hatch is considering Bhvr bitc hed out on the close the hatch change, and have NOT mentioned when or IF it will be revisited.

So to prove you wrong, you are in no way "ENTITLED" to a 4k because you killed/camped/ tunneled the other 3 players. So if a team is terrible, but one player isn't they deserve the opportunity to escape. I know this can be abused. Sure, you will have some urban evading Claudette who will camp over the hatch while 2 or 3 of their teammates are on hooks, but there are some legitimately good survivors who solo queue with terrible teammates. They deserve an opportunity, this is the keyword OPPORTUNITY, to escape. You have the OPPORTUNITY to catch and kill them before they get there, so use your OPPORTUNITY to do so.

So how about you find the urban evading player before they get to the hatch? You should not get a free kill because one survivor did objectives and you did yours. As a killer main the hatch should only be removed once the game has a gate opened. That way you don't have someone just sitting on the hatch. Otherwise, hit the survivor and go play another trial.

• Vortexas

@Nightmare247 said:

@Vortexas said:

So to prove you wrong, you are in no way "ENTITLED" to a 4k because you killed/camped/ tunneled the other 3 players. So if a team is terrible, but one player isn't they deserve the opportunity to escape. I know this can be abused. Sure, you will have some urban evading Claudette who will camp over the hatch while 2 or 3 of their teammates are on hooks, but there are some legitimately good survivors who solo queue with terrible teammates. They deserve an opportunity, this is the keyword OPPORTUNITY, to escape. You have the OPPORTUNITY to catch and kill them before they get there, so use your OPPORTUNITY to do so.

So how about you find the urban evading player before they get to the hatch? You should not get a free kill because one survivor did objectives and you did yours. As a killer main the hatch should only be removed once the game has a gate opened. That way you don't have someone just sitting on the hatch. Otherwise, hit the survivor and go play another trial.

Most times I actually do.

However last couple of days I've gotten about a Dozen games where someone kills themselves, or intentionally DC's to give the fourth guy the hatch after the team has been totally destroyed.

• brokedownpalace
    brokedownpalace Member Posts: 8,792

@brokedownpalace said:
    PhantomMask20763 said:

Do you really see that as desperation? As a killer main I see two kills as a tie, 3 kills as a win, and 4 kills as domination. However, I am not above carrying survivors to the hatch and letting them go. Nor am I above letting people use a hatch to leave.

The thing is that other killers whine about the hatch because they feel the "deserve" something. Many survivors feel they too 'deserve' something. So why not just let the hatch be and allow survivors to escape. The hatch should, however, disappear once all generators are completed and the gates are open. Hatch should only be a final solution to escape to save hope, not a lets hang around and get extra points feature.

Is it desperation to say "Well I got 3 kills and the last survivor got hatch so I consider that escape as a kill"?

Yes, it is.
  • redsopine1
    redsopine1 Member Posts: 1,437

@brokedownpalace said:
    PhantomMask20763 said:

Do you really see that as desperation? As a killer main I see two kills as a tie, 3 kills as a win, and 4 kills as domination. However, I am not above carrying survivors to the hatch and letting them go. Nor am I above letting people use a hatch to leave.

The thing is that other killers whine about the hatch because they feel the "deserve" something. Many survivors feel they too 'deserve' something. So why not just let the hatch be and allow survivors to escape. The hatch should, however, disappear once all generators are completed and the gates are open. Hatch should only be a final solution to escape to save hope, not a lets hang around and get extra points feature.

wait can you clarify for me do you mean as soon as there done or as soon as the gates open if its just when the gates open I agree since I trophy hunt
  • Crizpen
    Crizpen Member Posts: 129

I'll never understand my fellow killer's distaste for the hatch.

Let's take your example: you killed off 3 survivors while they only fixed 2 generators. That's fantastic, good for you. The only reason to INSIST on prolonging the game to get that last kill is to wax your ego. Not to mention, if someone does get the hatch, they out-played you.

Let's look at the options: either 1) you killed the third survivor instead of slugging them, in which case you're an idiot, or 2) you slugged the third survivor, but they bled out before you could find the last, in which case, you were out-played.

In either case, insisting the game carry on even longer doesn't help your bloodpoints or your ranking. Spending 20 minutes hunting a single survivor, or standing on the hatch, when you could have started and ended a new game, means fewer bloodpoints and slower rank progress.

It goes both ways. In those rare instances when I kill off three survivors and either no generators, or only one, is completed: the last survivor is far better off coming out and eating the death than they are trying to fix a generator or two entirely on their own, without getting caught, and having to find the hatch on top of that.

Try this, just once: go into a random game with a bunch of random survivors, and if just one of them gives you a good challenge, either because they were great at looping you, they were great at avoiding you, or they were great at saving and protecting their team mates: give them the hatch. They gave you a great challenge, let them walk away with a petty few points as consolation. If that isn't an acceptable idea, or completely foreign to your way of thinking, you may be taking a video game WAY too seriously.

• Boss
    Boss Member Posts: 13,614

Remove hatch.
    Have literally every Survivor threaten to review-bomb.
    Got no choice but to put something else in.

Yay, hatch standoffs no longer possible.

• Dreamnomad
    Dreamnomad Member Posts: 3,862

@Crizpen said:
    I'll never understand my fellow killer's distaste for the hatch.

Let's take your example: you killed off 3 survivors while they only fixed 2 generators. That's fantastic, good for you. The only reason to INSIST on prolonging the game to get that last kill is to wax your ego. Not to mention, if someone does get the hatch, they out-played you.

Let's look at the options: either 1) you killed the third survivor instead of slugging them, in which case you're an idiot, or 2) you slugged the third survivor, but they bled out before you could find the last, in which case, you were out-played.

In either case, insisting the game carry on even longer doesn't help your bloodpoints or your ranking. Spending 20 minutes hunting a single survivor, or standing on the hatch, when you could have started and ended a new game, means fewer bloodpoints and slower rank progress.

This guy gets it. I think most killers that want the hatch gone, closed, or nerfed into the ground don't have their own best interest in mind. Let's say you get what you want. 3 survivors dead and only 2 gens done. What motivation does the last remaining survivor have to actually work on gens? Unless multiple gens somehow were at 75% done when the other survivors died then there is no realistic way for the last survivor to work generators.

So if working generators is a death sentence and the hatch isn't an option then what is that last survivor most likely to do? Creep around, break some totems, loot some chests, and waste as much of the killer's time as possible. As a killer, you are much better off if that last survivor jumps down a hatch then wastes 10+ minutes of your time.

• jwentzel987
    Vortexas said: 

The hatch is not a "free escape" nor a "guaranteed" one. You've been proven wrong. Take care now. Bye bye then.
  • redsopine1
    Ive done 3 gens solo before one of ky first few games actually almost had the gate and went running from a wraith and hit the hatch because i got lucky that's all or another had to leave so for slugged hoping for a hook and quick end they left me alone to hook all the rest so i crawled and got the hatch when a survivor is A able to get the gates powered alone then they cab have them B i slugged them and hooked there team and they found it they deserve that C if they find it before me D they beat me to it during a chase and im not close enough to grab them those are my only times id give a hatch or if they get 2 gens done as last man standing
  • NoxiousOnnyyxx
    NoxiousOnnyyxx Member Posts: 343
    Omg let it go. You are not entitled to 4k
  • Malakir
    Malakir Member Posts: 799
    I won't repeat myself since I've said that before about the math of the hatch which makes solo survivor have a better life and rely on themselves and themselves only if they do good.

The only problems with the hatch is the stand off, dumb mechanic, boring for both sides but eventually they'll figure out how to get rid of that too
  • Purr
    Purr Member Posts: 83

i agree with a few of these posts hatch stand offs are annoying but as killer i normaly only got for a 3k and let the fourth escape hatch standoff for 30 mins or slug and hunt for 20 mins is a waste of my time when i could get more BP in a second match in that time period and further rank progress.. hey ur teammates died.. better luck next take the hatch and GTF off my lawn and stop breaking my pallets and lawn ornament totems i hafta pick up the mess after u kids leave gosh while u search for the hatch i normaly afk in corner or run around and break pallets few times i actually hunt the survivor is when i get annoyed that they are taking too long and i down them and then flip a coin if i hook or drop at hatch 50/50 coin flip is about same odds if u get caught at hatch or not but at this rate its a second chance of 50/50 lol

• Lowbei
    Lowbei Member Posts: 2,637
    i would be ok with the hatch opening at 2 gens instead of 3
  • Nightmare247
    Nightmare247 Member Posts: 187

@redsopine1 said:
    Nightmare247 said:

wait can you clarify for me do you mean as soon as there done or as soon as the gates open if its just when the gates open I agree since I trophy hunt

Once one of the gates are opened. So 5 gens finished and at least 1 gate open the Hatch closes or no longer spawns. It is still there if you are the last remaining survivor and the gens have not been completed.

• Seanzu
    Seanzu Member Posts: 7,526
    edited October 2018
    Lowbei said:
    i would be ok with the hatch opening at 2 gens instead of 3
    - Removed as misinterpreted the comment -
  • thesuicidefox
    thesuicidefox Member Posts: 8,223

They should add UFO's and then you search chest for satellite communicators to get beamed up. It would be fun.

• Chrona
    Chrona Member Posts: 245

@Demonsouls1993 said:
    Hatch is a stupid mechanic oh look 3 kills let's give the last survivor a free escape there should be no hatch ur team died before all gens are done u should die to

Oh hey, I remember you from the "delete the damn hatch" thread. Again, work on grammar. Hard to take someone serious when they put "u" and "ur." Secondly, it isn't a "free escape" Does 160 uninterrupted seconds of working on two different generators count as free? If so, I suggest hiring an accountant to take care of your finances.

And to quote something I say later in this post, and the same thing I said in that thread: (in regards to doing generators if the hatch was not in the game) So why should they? If it was me, I wouldn't bother: I would stealth around, gather a few more points here and there, and literally hide for as long as it took for you to disconnect. I can't win the game, it's physically impossible. Why should YOU get a free win, if I can't possibly win?

And I prefer playing killer, by the way.

@TigerKirby215 said:

@Malakir said:

Basically this. The Survivors still did their job (admitedly poorly) so the Survivor who did the "best" job should at least have a chance to escape. Taking it from a perspective of a Survivor it is pretty much impossible to do 3 gens solo against a killer.

The problem with the hatch is really how unintutive for both sides it is. I think the ability to close the hatch for the tradeoff of powering the exit gates was good. You can trade the single exit point for two exit points with a delay; perfectly managable for a Hillbilly or another high mobility killer.
    Another concept I personally had was to place a "key ring" in the basement that would have a dull key on it. (I assume the key would only spawn if you were the last survivor though.) This would give the killer two points to defend (one that they actually know the location of) instead of just forcing them to find the hatch, but at the same time the killer wouldn't just be able to camp the key ring since a survivor could still do gens to open the gates. It would also provide more use for the basement and actually make perks like Territorial Imperative useful.

I agree. 2 generators of work isn't something that should go completely unrewarded. Beyond that, if there was no hatch, and all but one survivor is dead, and there's 3 generators left to do, what should they do? The moment they work on one (or finish, if it got that far), they die. No ifs, ands, or buts, they die. So why should they? If it was me, I wouldn't bother: I would stealth around, gather a few more points here and there, and literally hide for as long as it took for you to disconnect. I can't win the game, it's physically impossible. Why should YOU get a free win, if I can't possibly win? I say this as someone who prefers playing killer, by the way.

And I agree, the endgame with one survivor left, and the hatch available is awkward. If you hunt for them, they usually find the hatch. If you camp it, you end up in a waiting game (or they do a gen, depends on how many are left). The problem is that the killer has nothing to really DO after they find the hatch. If the survivor finds the hatch first, they go in. If the killer finds the survivor first, they do a chase. If the killer finds the hatch first..... ???? Regardless, I'm looking forward to seeing what they will be doing to rework that moment/kind of endgame. It's really the only true weakpoint of the game.

• redsopine1

@redsopine1 said:
    Nightmare247 said:

Once one of the gates are opened. So 5 gens finished and at least 1 gate open the Hatch closes or no longer spawns. It is still there if you are the last remaining survivor and the gens have not been completed.

Nice see that's good for trophy hunting in games