What type of play style do you go for?

First try and introduce your play style, then your perks. Does this get you bloodpoints, ranks, how well? Also it doesn’t matter if you’re killer or survivor, this discussion is for both.

Comments

• UniversalTaxi
    UniversalTaxi Member Posts: 10

Also if anyone wanted to know, I mostly go for objectives, my perks are resilience, sprint burst, plunders instinct, and spine chill. I use plunders instinct to get items, I usually want toolboxes for gens. I have resilience to make use of being alone, injured, and working on things to get it sped up. I have spine chill to know if I need to leave a gen or not. And lastly I have sprint burst in case a killer comes after me, I can run away very fast and get to a loop or pallet safely. I usually don’t bring items because I have plunders instinct. I use offerings to boost my blood points because this usually only go me 8,000 to 20,000 blood points on its own on average. I helps me rank up if I play with another survivor so I can make sure they stay on gens while I go so other things like unhooking survivors. Otherwise I rank up slow but sometimes go down. I personally love this build as it makes the game fun and easier to play.

• Heartbound
    Heartbound Member Posts: 3,255
    edited November 2020

I'm stupid aggressive with defensive perks, or I play defensive killers.

I'll kneel next to your killer when he goes to break a pallet, I'll bodyblock around corners to give you time to escape. I'll click the flashlight. This is a no hooking zone. You want to hit me? You're approaching me? Well then. Come. No. Guess I'll repair this gen for a bit.

I heal fast or die trying.

I play Trapper when I'm seriously playing and I drop traps in spots I know survivors frequent. If you disarm it I don't care, I don't even walk over to pick you up out of the trap unless I'm not occupied. I'm patrolling the map and constantly on the move.

I don't chase with Hag anymore though.

I also sound like this when my carefully laid plans come back to bite me in the butt.

• Eninya
    Eninya Member Posts: 1,256

Stealth survivor, primarily.

I try to round robin the hooks as the killer. I greatly dislike tunneling and only use it as a last resort, such as recently with a Felix exploiting out of bounds to heal himself safely. I tunneled one of his teammates to death, and then killed him as soon as he came down. Perk builds vary on the killer, though I've always preferred a smaller terror radius. I don't necessarily play for stealth, though, since I'm a huge advocate against using Pig's Ambush at all, for example. Make Your Choice is one of my favorite perks in the game, since it rewards players for not tunneling, which is conducive to my goal.

• The_Bootie_Gorgon
    The_Bootie_Gorgon Member Posts: 2,340

I'm on the eternal mission for bloodpoints...I try to hit and run and hook errybody

• ALostPuppy
    ALostPuppy Member Posts: 3,398

Slightly unrelated but Haachama is probably the only person on this Earth that could potentially cook something more disgusting than DbD's chilli made of human body parts.

• Boss
    Boss Member Posts: 13,614

Find Survivor.

Chase them until they're down.

Hook them.

Repeat.

It gets me consistently above 24k BP, so i'm fine with it, don't care about rank.

• ALostPuppy
    ALostPuppy Member Posts: 3,398
    edited November 2020

Tbf you main wraith and he's pretty good at doing that without much deviation from that formula. That's why he's so good for new players. It's his most fun playstyle too imo, not a fan of the whole hit and run thing. Run endfury and my basic gameplan with Wraith is brute force every single pallet and down until I either win or lose and it's kinda fun.

• Boss
    Boss Member Posts: 13,614

It's pretty much the best way i like to play Killers.

I don't like letting them go, i don't like camping, i don't like slugging, i don't like tunneling after hooking them.

No real reason either, i just have a tiny, nasty feeling in my mind whenever i do those things.

For example, letting them go: If some people consider a 3k a loss because someone still escaped them, then me letting them go in a chase, no matter how early in the trial it is, feels just like that to me. (Though ironically, i don't really care if Survivors escape the trial.)

• savevatznick
    savevatznick Member Posts: 651

I've been on a Plague kick recently. Running Thana / Corrupt Intervention / Whispers / Dying Light - I get everyone sick first, taking free downs when given, and then play with a "no free unhooks" policy while trying to keep a good nest of gens pressured. Generally eating casual survivors or bully squads for breakfast, but suffer when actual smart survivors enter the ring. I'm actually trying to properly beat my rank 2 finish, but Plague does not seem to pip easily due to the hit and run way I play her. Been running into a lot of bad spawns of Cowshed, Wretched Shop, Haddonfield, etc where I feel powerless because survivors know I don't have time to break every safe pallet within reach.

• Pepsidot
    Pepsidot Member Posts: 1,662

I like being in chases, almost always have DS and DH. Then it's a toss up between Iron will, WGLF, Any means necessary and unbreakable.

But even though I like being in chases I don't usually get in the killers face unless I'm feeling cocky. Most games I just hold m1 on gens until the killer comes to me.

The amount of BP I get greatly depends on the killer, if they chase me or if I'm just holding m1 all game.

Rank? I don't take notice of the emblem system at all. Don't even give it a glance... I really don't care. I'm always at red ranks anyway.

• narf
    narf Member Posts: 68

When I play survivor I'm usually looking for a good gen to do first, like one in the middle of the map. Usually that gets me chased early on, which is a-okay with me because being chased is the most fun a survivor can have in this game. I don't stealth at all, unless in chase which sometimes works and sometimes doesn't. I rarely let go of the sprint button. I can get pretty reckless but there is also fun in that, for me and the killer.

I like a wide variety of builds. I like to run WGLF, even before it became useful, because I like bloodpoints. My currently most played build would be WGLF, BT, Prove Thyself and DH because as I said before, I like bloodpoints, and I'm a DH gamer. Don't feel complete without it. Yes, this gets me loads and loads of bloodpoints and while I do drop out of rank 1 occasionally, I never really drop below 2. Survivor is hella chill.

When I play killer I'm not much different to be honest. Mind games are fun, so I try them more than I should. I try to never camp unless it's the only thing that makes sense. I rarely slug unless I suspect DS becauseI had to down someone off hook (looking at you, filthy stealthy unhookers). This playstyle leads to a lot of escapes with multiple survivors on death hook. I'm okay with that because I just want fun games. I see a survivor that is teabagging or emoting at me and I start to like them.

I usually run meta perks as killer because killer is hard af. Either Ruin/Undying or Corrupt/Pop. The other perks are killer specific but I'll often run BBQ as well because bloodpoints. It usually takes me a bit longer to climb to rank 1 after the resets but I get there and never drop lower than a 2 either. This takes all my effort however.

• FFirebrandd
    FFirebrandd Member Posts: 2,445

When I'm Killer, I have a tendency to favor a playstyle that allows me to keep multiple Survivors busy at the same time.

Legion I can run basically anything I want because his power does that without any help.

Pig is the same story though of my mains I probably play her the least.

For Deathslinger, I've been running Gearhead, Tinkerer, Deathbound, Sloppy. The first 3 perks can let me know where there is someone else that might need my attention and Sloppy makes it so breaking chase on an injured Survivor doesn't matter nearly as much. Though now that I'm thinking about this, I might want to try swapping Gearhead for Dragon's Grip.

For Trapper, unsurprisingly I run a bit more of a defensive build. Corrupt, Dragon's Breath, Brutal Strength, and Surge. But it still has the ability to keep multiple survivors busy.

• Mandy
    Mandy Administrator, Dev, Community Manager Posts: 22,936

Perks, it depends on when I'm playing and with who. This morning I played and after having a few games I switched out my perks to DS, BT, Unbreakable and Lithe due to the matches that proceeded it. My normal build is Head On & Q&Q with a mix of two other perks.

Generally BP wise I tend to get an average of 25k in a match as a Survivor and as a Killer between 25k-30k.

Killer perks I tend to stick to a bit more, and pretty much BBQ, Enduring, BS on my killers and then a choice of one other depending on which killer I play.

I also only ever use points offerings in game, I really do like collecting BP more than anything else!

• twistedmonkey
    twistedmonkey Member Posts: 4,291

Killers i like to play Trapper, Myers, Doc and Huntress.

My build depends on The killer but generally I always includes bbq and nurses. I dont have a specific build and play around a lot with perks. I dont use slow down perks as I prefer ones which give some info and help in a chase.

Survivor I play a mix of styles. Stealthy to start with which can get more aggressive over time. It fools some players into thinking I can't loop. I also love to try corner jokes.

Normally I run kindred, wglf, detective's hunch and inner strength. Its my totem destroying, punish camping build. I am an altruistic player and I really want my stacks but won't run in if I see someone going closer for obvious reasons.

• BioX
    BioX Member Posts: 1,378

Run full meta build, farm in the killers face, then when they finally get me and DS etc is used up, I just kill myself on the hook.

• TapeKnot
    TapeKnot Member Posts: 248
    edited November 2020

For Killer:

My playstyle consists of basically chasing the first person I see, downing them, hooking them, and repeating the process. I just enjoy the chasing game. I always run Hex: Ruin and Hex: Undying for game slowdown and Barbeque and Chili for bloodpoints. The last perk I choose depends on the killer I am playing. My playstyle tends to get me plenty of bloodpoints and pips if I play well. I find myself getting a lot of double pips, even in red ranks.

For Survivor:

I try to focus on being efficient and stealthy if possible. I'll be on a generator rather than a dull totem or chest, and if the killer approaches my location I'll make an attempt to hide. As for my perks and items, I main killer so I don't have much on my survivors. I just take the strongest perks I have on whatever survivor I'm playing (apart from using Decisive Strike and Unbreakable at the same time). My playstyle nets me a good pile of bloodpoints and a decent chance at getting a pip or two.

• modernhighlander
    modernhighlander Member Posts: 27

I'm a Killer Main, and I love Michael Myers.

I play a heavy Control playstyle, chasing to force early pallets and get in the survivors faces quick. The longer I can stay in the game, the stronger I will get.

Hex: Ruin - Barbecue & Chili - Sabotage - Infectious Fright or Corrupt Intervention

As for Survivor:

I play a protection hit build with WGLF, but my favorite playstyle is probably my Stealth Nea

I crouch around the corners of the map trying to loot chests for keys and get gens done, clear totems without letting the killer see me. If he does see me? Run like hell.

Iron Will - Urban Evasion - Sprint Burst - Lightweight or Self Care