solo survivors, how do you stand it?

I took a long break from this game because the Tome just destroyed gameplay for me as a solo survivor. Hours and hours of playing and I couldn't get even one game where my teammates were actually trying to win. Nothing mattered but challenges. Now that the new level is available, I'm reminded again of how horrible this game is when you're literally the only person actually playing and not swarming every hook to get seven heals.

So, how do you put up with it? I feel like I'm just going to have to delete this game because with the Tome out, the game is never going to be the same.

Comments

• GoodBoyKaru
    GoodBoyKaru Member Posts: 22,762
    edited November 2020

Bro it'd be a ban not a jail :)

But I did say I'd get banned for something stupid if it ever happened.

• Exellen
    Exellen Member Posts: 49

Well most of solo survivor is pain in the ass but sometimes matrix breaks and you get good surviovors which know exactly what to do. Thats super satisfying

• Marigoria
    Marigoria Member Posts: 6,090

If you get a legit answer for this let me know. Solo Q has been unbearable the last few months.

• Mellow7
    Mellow7 Member Posts: 793

Handel it by switching over to Killer that's how and when that gets frustrating switch over to survivor

• meatisadelicacy
    meatisadelicacy Member Posts: 1,920

It is funny but after literally 5+ hours of not a single normal game, it just starts to weigh on me. I'm not even working on challenges myself.

• meatisadelicacy

It's not even that people are bad, they're just unwilling to play. The funniest thing about this challenge is that most people seem to be terrified of playing injured so it's not even hard to get seven heals in, but everyone is playing differently.

• JinSime
    JinSime Member Posts: 405

I don't. I only play swf or killer now. I'd rather play another game than face solo que

• Solo surv is actual hell and awful for your mental. I'm taking a longgg break because of this. Hopefully something changes, prob not though.

• meatisadelicacy

I keep having games like this but with randoms. Two people won't do anything but Urban Evade and sit on gens, and two of us get tunneled out of the game. I had two games in a row against a Spirit like this before the latest Tome came out.

• meatisadelicacy

Yeah I did do that, actually. Worked on some of those challenges. I knew games would be bad and I didn't really want to play, but the Tome is so grindy you kinda have to put in the hours if you want to unlock it all.

• valvarez4
    valvarez4 Member Posts: 868

Change to killer. It's almost 4k every match

• BioX
    BioX Member Posts: 1,378
    edited November 2020

I mean, could try not caring so much?

Survivor has it ez, team being complete muppets? ok time to end the match quickly and move on to the next, lobby times dont take long so just move on to the next and see how that goes.

• OldHunterLight
    OldHunterLight Member Posts: 3,001

I prefer solo because of dumb stuff that happens, I cannot expect dumb stuff when playing swf.

• ..... the logic here hurts my head. only so many times you can say "Ok! dumb teammates hehe onto the next😊" beacuse every game I have goes that way. dc's, people die on first hook, killer downs 2 people within the first minute. but yeah... the next one will be better....

• BioX

well if that truely is your experience (which I doubt, more like confirmation bias) get some friends to play with or just quite playing survivor all together because apperently for you it would actually be nigh unplayable.

This is not my experience at all playing solo btw, most of my games are fine.

You do get the occasional (usually console) survivor just crouching around on the outskirts of the map (and actually surviving the match that way) but its rather rare.

• I shouldn't have to drag friends into a game that I choose to play to have a good experience. You can doubt homie, I'm not shy why I would come onto a forum and spew bs. Solo surv is hell and I'm not a killer main. But yes you're right I should just quit because all my games are not fun, and I am just wasting my time.

• Boss
    Boss Member Posts: 13,614

Nothing irritates me about playing Survivor, nothing makes me ragequit.

But i swear i'm about to quit playing Survivor altogether, cause i'm just so bored of it now.

My 1 week of Survivor-only drained me, and it's only going downhill ever since.

Survivor in general needs a big, new thing added to the core gameplay if i want to enjoy Survivor again.

• BioX

confirmation bias is not really something people do on purpose, they just notice a "pattern" and latch on to that and dismiss the, what they then deem, outlyers.

And I mean if its a game about working together then its not that crazy to have to play it with people who you know and..well...can work with right?

But yeah, same conclusion stands, if you are not having fun due to other players that you have to deal with in order to play, then thats just it, its all over.

• narf
    narf Member Posts: 68

Mindset.

You're going to have a bad time if your mindset is to escape every time. That's not possible in solo queue. Your team might have other plans. You can only control your play and nothing else. You're not going to escape, you're not going to win. But you can still rank up. Try to have fun, try to improve if that is a goal you fancy. In DBD and in life, you just can't set unrealistic goals and then be bummed out when the impossible doesn't happen.

• lagosta
    lagosta Member Posts: 1,871

Tome + Rank reset leads to these kind of situations. Just equip some perks to be able to pip faster and avoid the sh!tshow.

• tomas11403
    tomas11403 Member Posts: 121

I stopped caring, and rather than finding the baby Bills in my game frustrating, I find them adorable. If you go into solo q with the expectation of escaping, you're going to get annoyed very quickly. I'm happy with a game if I have a good chase, and even if I die being slugged for 4 minutes I don't get annoyed, because like I said it's best to just stop caring what happens.

• Katie_met
    Katie_met Member Posts: 422

An important thing to remember is that this game is asymmetrical, every match is different and in a sense that's what I like. Yeah it's annoying to play with teammates that do nothing and can't hold a chase for longer than 2 seconds, but then the game after that might be completely different and I might have teammates that can hold a chase for the duration of a whole generator, or they might love gens so much that when I'm in a chase they actually do the objective.

• Blueberry
    Blueberry Member Posts: 13,590
    edited November 2020

If you yourself are actually playing good regardless of how bad your teammates are you will steadily rank up. Steadily ranking up increases the chances of competent teammates. Even if my team is really bad we may all die, but I will still pip. There are issues with solo queue revolving primarily around it being too easy to rank up and the rank reset problem, but in general I think people over exaggerate how bad solo queue is. I primarily play solo queue and I survive probably 80% of my matches at least and I don't run almost any of the second chance meta perks either.

I think a lot of this comes down to people blaming solo queue as the reason they're doing bad when they're actually playing bad themselves and don't take any responsibility.

• Zarathos
    Zarathos Member Posts: 1,911

100% this. I want something nuanced for the role hell interacting with breakable wall's in some way would have been cool but nah lets just keep holding m1 on gens that's fun. The chase is the only thing that keeps me interested in survivor and honestly I might just drop playing with my mates entirely if its just gonna be the same tired chase loop mechanics. It doesn't help that every content creator is hammering that looping gameplay is the only thing that matters stick to that behavior. I don't care about winning often I'll leave the exit gates run a loop and have the killer do an endgame chase simply because of how boring it is. Maybe I'm being unfair maybe its too much to ask for a more nuanced survivors experience but I just don't get the survivor gameplay appeal anymore. How can you hammer so many hours into the same looping strats, the slightly faster gen repair time and not be sick of it.

What if we had way to complete optional objectives that might yield a late game advantage or provide unique items that gives a broken killer aura reading key with x charges. A firecracker, A pallet repair kit, medicine that provides a sprint burst on use. maybe finding a key and then opening one of these unique chests. Hell just new items would be nice. If your playing dbd just to win I would recommend channeling your energy into a more competitive game. Because dbd continues to prove its aimed at a more casual audience. This isn't bad it important to not neglect your fanbase's needs. A lot of competitive games end up straight gutting characters and end up with extremely linier gameplay dbd is definitely not there yet?

• eff
    eff Member Posts: 154

At this point I ignore the rest of the team and think of this game as a 1v1. Most of the killers, when they see that I was the only one trying to play the damn game, let me go just because they pity me.

• Yords
    Yords Member Posts: 5,781

You don't get tilted when playing a game and focus on having fun

• Emeal
    Emeal Member Posts: 4,952

idk, its funny to be like running around doing gens and then 3 seconds later 3 downed survivors on the other side of map.

and im like, Yeah no Im not coming to save you.

• Komodo16
    Komodo16 Member Posts: 1,488

Honestly Just getting good helps alot. Like when I started I thought it was bad but I loved the game. But I ended up getting good and now can rely on myself mostly, but I've learned to no longer let myself get chased first, it ends up me being juggled or tunneled or camped. So I try and get points BEFORE I get chased. As for teammates you just get used to it, or turn off crossplay. The people who turn off crossplay usually think other players from different platforms are bad and its usually the players that actually try to play. I turned it off a couple times and got great teammates.

• Komodo16

Yeah in my cases iit's either pc players being toxic and ps4. Being trash, mainly cuz the bigger pools of players, I doubt that you can blame a platform for bad players. But yeah I agree it's hard to believe that people get constant bad games, but once it happens to you then you'll see. I have had it happen a lot, not everyday though so.

• gibblywibblywoo
    gibblywibblywoo Member Posts: 3,772

If it worked against BBQ it would be pretty good. The problem is that BBQ functions in the opposite way to most aura perks being based on minimum distance and not max.

It's also reliant on teammates dying for not much gain.

• meatisadelicacy

I do pretty well against fair match making, but more often than not I get red and purple SWFs against my level 18 killer and it's just not a lot of fun.

• meatisadelicacy
    edited November 2020

It's not that my teammates have been bad - they're just ONLY working on challenges.

I have deranked from 7 to 10 since these latest challenges come out. And I have to say, since taking a break and coming back from 20 to 5 (before the reset), I consistently had better teammates at higher ranks than I do at red and purple.

Also, how do you survive in 80% of your games when in most of my games, all three teammates will stop doing the last 1-3 gens and just wait for everyone else to finish? I am not kidding about how often this happens to me as a solo survivor. I had a game the other day BEFORE the seven heal challenge where I had to finish the last three gens entirely alone.

• meatisadelicacy

I guess my expectation is that my teammates will actually be playing the game. I very much do not expect to escape every game. I expect to be the first one caught in 90% of my games, and I HOPE that at least two of my three teammates are doing ANYTHING while I'm buying them time because iIm pretty good at being chased. I also expect to cleanse four totems and die the first time I'm touched because I didn't have time to cleanse the fifth. That happened two games in a row the other day.

• meatisadelicacy

I did get let go by a nice clown the other day for the first time in like a year. And once again, there was one gen left with all four survivors alive and literally all three of them stopped doing gens and just hid except me. Which I think is why he let me go - he knew I was the only one actually playing. It is truly still shocking to me after 1000+ hours in this game, how often ALL THREE TEAMMATES stop playing and wait for that last gen (or two or three) to pop.

• meatisadelicacy

I am pretty good at the game though. I don't mind being chased first because I'm good at it and can buy my teammates a lot of time. But when I'm chased first which happens a lot, and all three teammates are waiting to unhook and heal me instead of doing any gens because of a challenge, it destroys the game.

• Blueberry
    Blueberry Member Posts: 13,590

Either I loop the killer for ages and my teammates just sit on the gens till they're done or they're looping and I sit on them. I don't experience much of what you're saying is happening in your games.

• HellDescent
    HellDescent Member Posts: 4,883

As long as I'm being chased by the killer I'm having fun. But when im hooked and I notice all of my teammates bird watching I just suicide on hook. Plus it helps me to stay in purple ranks, I find them a lot more fun and less sweaty

• meatisadelicacy

Yeah I kill myself too if I've been chase long enough for three gens to pop and none do. And then when I'm finally downed, my teammates are just crouched, doing absolutely nothing? haha byeee

• JesseJH28
    JesseJH28 Member Posts: 483

I dunno, I honestly like playing solo more than playing swf most of the time. I don't seem to run into many of the issues people complain about on the forums either, maybe I'm just lucky. It just feels more intense and obviously more challenging playing solo, which is kinda what I look for in a game like this

• Komodo16

My main issue is when I get chased first I die first. I am either getting hit through crap or just deadzoned. It's like a 50/50 when I just wanna show my looping skills and then just farm/camp/Badhit it kinda makes me feel like a bad player but that's just my lack of confidence.

• noctis129
    noctis129 Member Posts: 967
  • Katzengott
    Katzengott Member Posts: 1,210

SWF mindset: Escape; Solo Que mindset: Get a Pip and become better at the game.