why are most survivors toixc?

im not saying all but some just tend to be annoying like chasing the killer clicky clicking tbagging bringing OoO spam quick vaults to get attention and send you to ormond or Haddon field and waiting at the exit gates

Comments

• kolosovski
    kolosovski Member Posts: 39

It happens in pretty much every pvp game. Do not take it personally.

• Hyd
    Hyd Member Posts: 379

Sometimes what looks like toxicity isn't actually that.

I mean, teabagging is the obvious one, but from time to time, there may be certain challenges or achievements survivors are wanting to complete, so you'll come across some seemingly odd behavior. I've had games where all the survivors basically swarmed me and never left me alone. I'm a pretty new player (less than a month) so I was confused about what was going on, I was slashing and downing left and right as they just kept coming at me. I later figured out they were trying to complete some "Get chased for x seconds" challenge.

There are plenty of other instances like this too where they're either doing that, or wanting to farm BP. Waiting at the gate? I've done that simply because we had a survivor still out there and, obviously, we wanna bring them home safe so, I wait to make sure they don't get caught on the way to us, and if they do, I'm still there to attempt a save if it seems doable. Others wait because they want to be downed and then crawl to safety for an achievement, etc, etc, the list goes on.

Just something to consider. ;)

• I mean same can be said about killers. Ive had alot of toxic killers but im a surv main. they leaving me on the ground to bleed out, tunnel, camp me. just the way the games go sometimes sadly

• ZtarShot
    ZtarShot Member Posts: 838

To sum most of that up it's to get attention, but at the exit gates some like to say goodbye, or give you an extra hit. They all have an excuse (except t bagging) so don't take most of the stuff personally.

• TheButcher
    TheButcher Member Posts: 871

Because they have it easy. They also have the majority. Think of school, a bully doesn't normally just be alone. They move in a group, seclude 1 person, and then make fun from that persons expense.

Take Dead by Daylight. It's 4 survivors VS 1 Killer. The game is catered to survivors. They have an easier time playing. They have a less stressful game. It requires less work to achieve their objective, and less work to achieve their games goal. They are even rewarded success in most cases when not completing that objective. They have every incentive that they feel protected to be able to make fun out of the Killer's expense.

That's why there is so much toxicity in this game.

No it doesn't, especially not to this extent.

• You sound very killer biased. i feel like you are talking more about SWF. they are known to be very toxic. in solos i have seen a lotttt less toxicity.

• TheButcher
    TheButcher Member Posts: 871

No I play both equally. Every Survivor game I have to tell other Survivors to stfu. Every Killer game I have to just say "gg" and close the chat, because win or lose - they are going to tell me to kill myself anyways.

The main difference is. I am too high of a rank to play against "friendly" or "casual" players anymore. I am also only "killer biased" because Killer's are greatly underpowered in this game, and because the game is so easy for Survivor. People don't see or care about that.

• Switzerland44
    Switzerland44 Member Posts: 19

You must not play very many online games my friend lol

• Ghouled_Mojo
    Ghouled_Mojo Member Posts: 2,287

Pack mentality?

No actual repercussions? Meaning they don’t have to worry about physical or emotional harm so they act out. It’s a possibility.

Of course they could just be dick heads.

it goes on both sides though.

• RocketPenguin
    RocketPenguin Member Posts: 374

Most survivors aren't toxic that 1/4 survivors that said you were bad in that 1/5 games is a minority. Its just negative expieriences feel worse than good ones.

• gibblywibblywoo
    gibblywibblywoo Member Posts: 3,772

Whats your definition of toxic?

Flashlight clicking and teabagging isnt toxic imo. Its just baiting the killer. if the killer has a fragile ego and it baits them into a chase its working.

Being an ass in the post game chat is for sure though.

• MrsGhostface
    MrsGhostface Member Posts: 987

I wonder the same thing about killers. Doesn’t matter how nice I play

• theplaggg
    theplaggg Member Posts: 267

Slugging, camping or tunneling are actual strategies while spaming vaults or teabagging at the exit gate does not give any benefit though. I'd rather call mocking the killer by doing these unnecessary action toxic than a killer who (desperately) tries to win toxic.

Not to mention that locker or vault spaming is a horror for the killer's ears.

• im not talking about slugging im talking about she had killed all of my teammates and left me to die out for the rest of the game while bming me. I see what you are saying about camping and tunneling though.

• DeliciousFood
    DeliciousFood Member Posts: 464
    edited November 2020

Group mentality vs Single individual. They will feel emboldened and revert to a generic highschool mindset. You're the killer but survivors are certainly not harmless with how the game is balanced (at least when the team is decent).

It's also because a lot of survivors at higher rank invest so much time in the abysmal experience that is survivor gameplay that the only way to spice it up is through these crappy behaviours. There are people with thousands of hours only in this pretty bare bones mode when compared to killer without ever getting paid for it, so you can understand how quickly it grows stale and they need new ways to find thrills. Dominating and stomping someone is a solution to that problem for them.

As said, toxicity is in every PVP match, but here it does feel like a unique breed given how this game is far less competitive than most 'toxic' game communities.