Will keep giving up on first hook if you arent doing anything.

Honestly iv just had enough of these games, if i am chased first and do a long chase just to go down and see 3 people running around doing nothing im giving up. i will not carry bad players anymore and ill just get out the game and actually find a new one where players actually play, im tired of running kindred to see all 3 people run towards me and im tired of having to do most of the gens and still lead on the longest chases in the match to just have a chance. FIX THE DAMN RANKING OR PUNISH PLAYERS NOT DOING THE OBJECTIVES OR DECENT CHASES.

Comments

• WalkedMoss92
    WalkedMoss92 Member Posts: 275

I completely agree with you.

• deadbyhitbox
    deadbyhitbox Member Posts: 1,117

Solo que is an absolute nightmare to play. Almost every single game I'll go on a big chase and usually I'm lucky to see one gen pop. Solos seem to have an obsession with self caring against sloppy too, which is probably the most frustrating thing to watch.

• Yamaoka
    Yamaoka Member Posts: 4,321

Wait, I meant to say passively - and yes, dailies and challenges probably contribute to people not doing their objective or making weird decisions causing people like op to get mad and suicide on hook.

It's kinda bad game design as it puts solo survivors at a disadvantage since a SWF team can just talk about what they're gonna do beforehand and deal with it in a coordinated way.

It is whatever personally I just play for the chases as a solo survivor. At the end of the day I know escaping is a team effort / out of my control.

• DeathBeam
    DeathBeam Member Posts: 259

That's what happens when you allow bad players to rank up so fast.

• Bad survivors not playing as well as you would want them to is not the same as trolling/throwing the game on purpose because you dont like them.

• GodDamn_Angela
    GodDamn_Angela Member Posts: 2,213
    edited November 2020

Imagine thinking every game you are going against and teamed with all Rank 1s at Rank 1. lmao

• VIle
    VIle Member Posts: 167

Rank reset used to put EVERYONE back to lvl 20 once upon a time.

That made everyone 'equal'

yanno, the equal playing field that is pairing a red rank killer with a true brown rank.

Fun times. Not that MMR and such are 'better' now.

They had to make it so red ranks could not return to brown ranks by only lowering levels a certain amount. And thats the 'ranking' we have today.

• EntitySpawn
    EntitySpawn Member Posts: 4,233

SPOILER ALERT *You need to do gens to escape or progress the match* there a difference between bad players and mistakes or bad reads to opting to never do gens or anything useful. i wouldnt mind if at least someone was on a gen, but if all 3 of you cant do a single gen then no, im out.

• deadbyhitbox
    edited November 2020

Well with the way he described it, they aren't doing gens to begin with. Him killing himself really only has an impact on the gens getting done. If they're all doing nothing to begin with, I doubt they're very concerned about getting everyone out via exit gate. He isn't really ruining their fun because the only thing killing himself does is make it harder for them to win, but in the scenario he described it doesn't seem like they're too concerned about that to begin with.

With what he described, the killer got a good chase and a win, while the survivors clearly were content with themselves doing whatever they were off doing. I don't see how he's really ruining anyones fun.

Post edited by deadbyhitbox on
  • EntitySpawn

No im not really that fond of claudette, and i dont think iv had a chase that bad in a few years lol, i dont do the hiding thing

well thats the issue, ranking really needs to be fixed and changed i dont get how killers can kill everyone with 4/5gens left. like even i do it as killer and its always shocking to see them all rank 2 etc. but yeah all good players f killer over, which also isnt fun its why i wont do survivor as a 4 man a the killer would be lucky to get many hooks. my point is i dont mind people not doing great but theres 1 objective at rank 1,2 you should at least try doing them

• TimeOutTimmy
    TimeOutTimmy Member Posts: 135

People get to red ranks by playing a stealth game. They crouch walk, hide, and make a beeline for a bush when the killer is near. They are also very altruistic. The problem is... they can't loop. If you get 3 or 4 of them in a game, it is going to be a disaster. They have heavily relied on someone else to do the hard part; keep the killer occupied.

People need to be encouraged to find more balance in their game play. Learn, through hours of failure, how to run the killer.... except they will probably lose that precious rank.

• OldHunterLight
    OldHunterLight Member Posts: 3,001

I meant a regular claudette not a blendy one, but I mean you already answered that you are not her so that is great.

• Terra92
    Terra92 Member Posts: 583

This is such a blanket statement on a really niche amount of players.

I understand you're frustrated that people aren't doing objectives or getting you off hook at an optimal time/before 2nd phase but you really need to understand that there are five perspectives in every match. Four of those perspectives are not yours, and your perspective doesn't have any authority or meaning above any of the other four. They're all doing whatever they want or need to do in order to play the game they think is the right way to play.

Sorry if you had a teammate who crouched in circles in the corner of a map. Move on and play the next game.

• EntitySpawn

wait there are claudetts that dont blend? lol

im not being funny but i wouldnt mind one person not doing something, but like i said if im chased at game start from 30-120seconds when i go down i should see at least someone doing a gen. i dont mind people not being perfect or being the best but i expect them to actually do something, there is no reason not to be on a gen and when im running perks to help the team (kindred,better together,sole survivor etc.) they have plenty of info to actually do something. its just too common, its why iv gave up carrying people and just kill myself on first hook and i shall continue to do so every game like such

• FellowKillerMain
    FellowKillerMain Member Posts: 858
    edited November 2020

This just destroys morale, and hurts you in the long run as people see it as selfish and will only perpetuate their own selfish behavior. Must lead by example.

Edit: what you're describing happens to me all of the time, and its hard to stop myself from giving up, but I try not to. One thing to keep in mind, too, is that sometimes matches that seem not in your favor can easily turn to be in your favor. Some matches I thought would pan out to be totally against me turned into some of the most interesting and fun matches I've had. Like, a guy leading leatherface to me just after initiating his chainsaw, caught me off guard, downed me. I was left on hook for multiple hook states. In the end of the trial, I was the one juking leatherface into the ground while also stopping to pick up downed comrades, and using dead hard to dodge the killer at the last second.

• carnage4u
    carnage4u Member Posts: 338

Survivors yelling at survivors is at least better then them yelling at killers, or killers yelling at survivors.

The OP probably has a set of rules what a killer must do or they will disco and die on first hook, and now rules for what other players must do.

This is like a game within a game within game.

• OldHunterLight

Believe it or not, I've played with claudettes that use bright clothing and don't just urban evade all map.

• Sluzzy
    Sluzzy Member Posts: 3,130

Sometimes it isn't related to the survivors purposely not doing anything.

• TheClownIsKing
    TheClownIsKing Member Posts: 6,278

I’m constantly in games where when someone is chased, another survivor will do NOTHING ELSE but chase behind with their flashlight. (I see this with Bond and Open Handed).

Its such a complete waste of time. Do the objective. Attempt a save IF the down occurs NEAR you. Sometimes the chased survivor keeps the killer occupied for so long, that the flashlight “hero” wastes upwards of 5+ minutes.

• Deadman316
    Deadman316 Member Posts: 578

I'll meet you halfway, survivors should be punished in some way for not finishing the objectives. But if they suck at chases, as I tend to at times, there's nothing that can be done about that. Maybe with the disabling of Bloodlust this weekend will show some kind of difference. Other than that, I feel your pain and agree that more often than not, you get terrible teammates instead of good ones in solo survivor.

• meatisadelicacy
    meatisadelicacy Member Posts: 1,920

You're forgetting part of the problem is the Tome. The reason you see three people running towards you right now when you have Kindred is that they want their seven heals for that challenge. The Tome has completely destroyed survivor gameplay as a solo queuer. I quit playing for months because of it after I finished the first one, and I just came back to see if the game was any more tolerable.

• Pokino
    Pokino Member Posts: 86

Probably i didnt read well because I'm not native english speaker but... Some people thinks if I see one surv hiding behind a tree for minutes doing nothing, I can't suicide because "i'm ruining his game experience"?

Please someone tell me I'm wrong...

• Terra92
    Terra92 Member Posts: 583

In solo queue you shouldn't play the support role, you should be playing the role you like the best. Kindred is a ridiculously powerful perk for solo survivors, I'd say it's leagues better than Spine Chill in most scenarios and unfortunately it's most useful part is taken away when someone plays Scratched Mirror Myers. It's usefulness to the rest of the group isn't even a factor when I bring it, it's more a bonus. I'd still use the perk if it didn't give vision to everyone else while I was hooked.

Team perks are for team games, games where you play with friends over comms. In a solo game you play for yourself and maybe grab the lone Dweet or Sailor Steve if it's safe, but other than that they're there as fodder. That's not your outward mindset but deep down we all play like that in solo. Hell I even do that when I'm playing the healer, I wanna heal your sorry butt so you can keep being chased, I can't finish these gens if you immediately go down again!

I'm sure my dry humor isn't translating well across text, but honestly you should be playing to your strengths, not to keep three people alive. Otherwise you're always going to be picked off and you're always going to be annoyed because you've(at least from what I'm reading) built yourself up as the perfect sacrifice. Save the funky team perks you see YouTubers do for the times when you can play with a few friends.

• Stealth
    Stealth Member Posts: 123

Ya it's annoying but the problem is that you will probably depip and go further down the ranks where less skilled people are. Then this will happen more often.

• Ryuhi
    Ryuhi Member Posts: 3,733

this topic is why "killer over performance" statistics are pointless, btw.

1v3's aren't the same as 1v4s, and "dying on first hook" counts as a kill while "disconnecting" gets filtered out of stats. Ironically disconnect penalty avoiding screws up stat reporting simultaneously.

• The_Krapper
    The_Krapper Member Posts: 3,259

Idk here lately it's been pretty bad I almost agree with him to an extent, I've seen so many survivors just hiding in corners not doing anything but waiting out the hatch from the beginning, maybe it's the hatch challenge? It's not every game but it's literally been every other game for me playing solo lately to where I've just started running with one or two people so I know something is getting done

• Ryuhi
    Ryuhi Member Posts: 3,733

While I agree that urban evading claudettes are a plague on the game, if I have kindred and would rather work on a gen than brush up against a camping killer, I'm not going to be particularly thrilled with someone who kills themselves on first hook and rewards said killer rather than make them lose gens for their trouble.

• The_Krapper
    The_Krapper Member Posts: 3,259

Yea I understand that but I also feel his pain when you run kindred and people still lack the intelligence to decipher what to do in certain situations

• UltraKill
    UltraKill Member Posts: 5

Well, there is only one piece of data we have, and it is that OP is hooked early on in the game while all of his teammates are apparently alive and just running around.. OP is ruining their fun, he is making their game WAY harder by giving up early

Let's talk about adapting for a sec.. even the top boxers in the world can lose the early rounds.. then they learn the opponent they are up against (the killer/survivor) how they fight, how they move, and THEN they come alive and take over and win the fight. With the OP just giving up early once he decides he can read everyone's minds, he is giving no room for skilled/adaptive high ranked people that can actually learn and adjust to their opponent.. Surely we have all had games where you did bad early and then the player underestimates you massively and they lose the game because they ever chase you all game thinking you are an easy kill or you kill them all because they thought you were a noob killer and then you prove them way wrong.

Someone just giving up early on a hook is just the lamest form of 'I quit' IMO, you are buying your team no time, giving them no chances, there is this expectation from minute 1 and if anyones not living up to it RIP game here i go, suicide on the hook. How do we know that OP just doesn't suicide on hook even when his teammates have been repairing gens RIGHT UNTIL he was hooked and if he didn't get hooked the gens would still be going and then are trying to help. A key part of this conversation is that OP is on the hook that is all we know. I saw someone earlier give up on a hook on their first hook when we were down to 2 gens and they were the only one to die.. they were timing out but someone was coming..

• UltraKill
    UltraKill Member Posts: 5

The weird thing is, the ONLY player ive instantly seen kill themselves and give up the start all day, is a Claudette just now.. we ended up getting down to 1 gen and 1 Survivor got away.. now imagine the Claudette didnt try to instant unhook herself and then suicide.. thats an exit for multiple players! :()

• OldHunterLight

That sounds rough, I hate when stuff like that happens, it makes it almost impossible to win, like if you still had the full team you could've easily won.

• matchesmalone
    matchesmalone Member Posts: 3

Where do you find these potatoes? I had 6 games against super sweaty teams in a row today.

• DCash
    DCash Member Posts: 170

I completely agree. I'm constantly getting matches where I'm rank 1, the killer is rank 1, and then there's three purple rank or lower console players. Almost every game I feel like it's me vs the killer and Im having to take care of my team all match.

A side note, this is another reason I hate the DC penalty. Its impossible to kill myself on first hook when I have 3 teammates crouched around the hook not doing gens. The killers see what's happening and refuse to kill me or hook me, forcing me to stay in the game. When I complain to the killer about wasting my time slugging me all game, his response was that I should just DC.........

But I can't DC because of the penalty and now I can't kill myself most times because of bad teammates.

• EntitySpawn

i honestly couldnt give 2 F`s about their experience if they refuse to attempt to do the objectives, iv played this game since release so im damn good at chases so when i do go down im expecting someone to at least be doing a gen, theres 3 people if they all rather not play or even try then im not staying in the game, i refuse to do all the chases and gens to carry them. its not fun to feel like you never progress in the game and feel like youre dragging rank 20`s through the match which do nothing but waste pallets and unsafe hook you. the game wouldnt be so hard for them IF THEY DID GENS.

• Last night I had like 4 survivor rounds with cabinet dwights that wouldn't try and unhook anyone- it gets pretty stupid

• The_Nightmare
    The_Nightmare Member Posts: 65

It takes the fun out of the game for everyone. Survivors are then at a disadvantage and then the killer has less of a challenge. Like let's accept that we will have games like this but not every game will be though. Take the good with the bad. Still should do what you can until you've been sacrificed. Let's stop making the game more toxic.

• siren_sorceress
    siren_sorceress Member Posts: 321
    edited November 2020

Nothing wrong with that. If my team mates are going to drag the whole game to superhell you bet I'll leave asap to the next game. Idk why the devs continue to force me to lobby up with noob ranks. All it does is mean I'll dodge once the match starts.

If they mix every skill level into a match and the killer goes full tryhard abusing the matchmaking crisis I just ditch on hook. Not my problem. I'll do it until I find a real team.

• deadbyhitbox
    edited November 2020

Well if they're doing absolutely nothing, it probably means they aren't too concerned with the winning aspect as much as they are the evading.

He described it as him going on a big chase and them doing absolutely nothing. There is literally no bigger chance he can give them to win and they squander it. I don't blame him for being extremely frustrated in that scenario. When I go on a 4 minute chase, and see 3 claudettes hiding in the corner of the map with 5 gens left, I'm not giving them anymore chances to "adapt". They clearly weren't too concerned with my fun hiding and doing nothing, were they?

Also, a boxing analogy doesn't work here whatsoever. I get what you're trying to say, but you're comparing a sport that is dependent on your individual ability to a game that is dependent on your team. It doesn't matter how much he adapts throughout the course of the match if his other 3 teammates don't either.

• whammigobambam
    whammigobambam Member Posts: 1,201

You don't have to give up and leave the match when, based on a glimpse, the survivors aren't doing what you want.

While I agree that the killer sets the pace for the match and survivors must respond, this call to arms or else mentality is in no way fixing your issue and throwing in the towel just marks another game up to where killer 4k because someone quit early when it's still possible to survive when you continue to play. Heck, play to show the killer someone is in their game has skill. They are also part of your community, after all.