Is there a way to make healing (or any other m1 action) a fun experience?

AhoyWolf
AhoyWolf Member Posts: 4,096

I mean, every action you make as a Survivors is holding m1 for a specific amount of time, is there a way to make these actions fun? Because I really don't have a clue on how to do that.

Comments

• Boss
    Boss Member Posts: 13,614

Well even if you found something to make it more fun, you do such actions like a dozen or more times per trial.

Whatever is added, surely it'll become boring after just a few trials.

• kolosovski
    kolosovski Member Posts: 39

But that's one of the cool things about dbd, it's simplicity. I think it's perfect the way it is.

• SeeAndWait
    SeeAndWait Member Posts: 94

stake out is cool. medkits and built to last seems fun.

• MrDardon
    MrDardon Member Posts: 3,935
  • Kind_Lemon
    Kind_Lemon Member Posts: 2,559
    edited November 2020

I mean, that's what skill checks are supposed to do, but...you know.

I'm in favor of having skill checks pop up on the subject of the interaction so that survivors have to move their cameras to face the interact-able when the skill check appears. There are several additional ways to go about this, but I doubt the devs are going to do any of it, so I'm not bothering to bring them up.

• HellDescent
    HellDescent Member Posts: 4,883

Replace gens with Just dance pads 😁

• dezzmont
    dezzmont Member Posts: 481

Yes. Make getting into a chase more scary.

Not even joking. DBD's game systems are all amazingly simple and mostly function as a game due to the emotional intensity of a match. If survivors ever feel too 'safe' then M1 actions stop feeling exciting because your not trying to anticipate the killer's moves, looking over your shoulder, or worried about how a gen's placement exposes you.

Weaker loops means more anxiety during M1. Anxiety in DBD is good. This is why during the 'vacuum pallet' era the number one concern of survivors was how boring gens were: If suddenly you could sprintburst to a pallet which created a massive 'reset' in effective chase distance, suddenly anticipating the killer and doing things like preemptively hiding or getting a head start don't matter. You didn't care. The pallet was strong enough that you didn't need to worry, so you didn't, and now all you were doing was a bad Mario party minigame.

This is why the addition of good terror radius reducing perks to the game was a great thing, and why vacuum pallets being removed spiced up survivor gameplay enough that I could tolerate playing it again. Loops are still arguably a bit too strong, but I now care if a Wraith or any killer with Tinkerer suddenly is on my booty because starting the chase with a lead is much more important, and badly positioned gens now actually matter and are dangerous to do.