Why do you continue playing ?

We all know this game is broken in many, many, MANY ways. Here is a list of all the problem that have been around for years now, so 'im wondering why do you continue to play this game ?

Here is a list of all the problems that the developpers haven't fix and don't give any attention to them (obviously) :

• game is totally unbalanced
  • some perks are totally game breaking
  • matchmaking is terrible
  • servers are terrible
  • killer server side hit validation
  • bad optimization (graphically)
  • bad map design (responsible for more unbalance)
  • bad netcode

Well, what aspect of the game push you to continue to play it ? For me it's playing with my friends as it's the only game we like in common but as soon as another game that please us all will be released, we will definitely move on if developpers don't improve the experience.

Too bad there is no real competition in this asymetrical genre... developpers would have a better reaction time because 4 years after launch, many things that where present since the 1st day have not been fixed.

Comments

• Bootlegmoth
    Bootlegmoth Member Posts: 290
    edited November 2020

I enjoy the game and have fun. Its a 4v1 online game, obviously its not always going to go your way and screaming "broken games devs suck" like a child isn't going to do anything, just ready up and move on. I think people underestimate just how much work it takes for this kind of game and how it is literally impossible for everyone to be happy.

- game is inherently unbalanced, impossible to balance all skill levels. What balances reds will hurt greens.

- no perks are "game breaking". Sure undying ruin and unbreakable ds make it so much harder. But it is possible to beat so the games not broken

-matchmaking is terrible, that I agree on. I liked the idea of mmr, last round didn't work but hopefully next one will

-they changed it to survivor hit validation didn't they? I might be wrong and not implemented yet but they definitely spoke about it

-they are currently going back and optimizing graphics, but while they're doing that people are just moaning about lack of new maps. Improve the old, then make new

-they're fixing maps, because yeah there was some bad design

-i know precisely ######### all about how netcode works and my experience might be different from yours but my games been pretty stable

• Boss
    Boss Member Posts: 13,614

I'm not being pushed to keep playing.

I've got other games with things i consider problematic.

As long as i have fun, i'll keep playing.

• NotTheCosmo
    NotTheCosmo Member Posts: 25

I don't take this game too seriously, i just have fun for what it is

• Mooks
    Mooks Member Posts: 14,709

They didn’t change hit detection, they tested server sided hit detection which still had some flaws for short ranged attacks (Huntress, Plague, Desthslinger) and reactivated the killer sided hit detection.

they are still working on server sided but detection and MMR

• 2LuvRias
    2LuvRias Member Posts: 352

To add to what you put im also terrible at the game. Ik skill isn't the be all end all but a good player dosent lose to a no perk/addon huntress with no bloodlust.

To put my answer in a generic af term. Hope. I honestly believe this game is a broken af shamble that's slowly but surely being crafted in to a more fun and enjoyable game. When that'll be we don't know

• Sonzaishinai
    Sonzaishinai Member Posts: 7,976

Because it's still fun. The game really isn't as unbalanced as people say it is. as long as you play with moderation and don't let frustration build up it's an amazing game. The only good one of it's kind tbh

• mintchapstick
    mintchapstick Member Posts: 891
    edited November 2020

Because I play with my friends, tbh and I take very long breaks from the game (like months long breaks).

• Xyvielia
    Xyvielia Member Posts: 2,415
    edited November 2020

Possibly addiction...

hey, if we never admit it, we’ll never be able to get over it

• SeeAndWait
    SeeAndWait Member Posts: 94

I play this game a bit less now. for me, as long as they are changes, I will continue play it. changes such as trying a new perk, combo or over all a new killer. I like to mix other games too as will.

• kolosovski
    kolosovski Member Posts: 39

This first paragraph says it all.

OP, if you dislike the game so much, I recommend looking for something else to play, no offense.

• Felnex
    Felnex Member Posts: 334

Other people! Playing this game is actually rather boring, repetitive, and frustrating when you get tunneled/facecamped. It is, if I'm being honest, the worst game I've ever played. But when you play with friends anything can be fun, even losing. So I take long breaks and then come back to play with friends, and watch content (watching is 100x more fun than playing) from content creators like Otz: They absolutely keep this game afloat.

I really am bored by the shortage of fun and/or viable perks. I'm sick of the meta, sick of how the survivors play the same, and the same ol' genrush 5 gens gameplay. Not to mention the insane grind to do literally anything. It's amazing this game took off as much as it did! If there was any real competition, I feel like the devs would try harded to make this game fun and actually hold onto players for more than a month at a time.

• Yords
    Yords Member Posts: 5,781

Because it is still an amazing game that is really fun.

• kaeru
    kaeru Member Posts: 1,568

In my expirience there is more fair players than ruiners. I have played survivor side today. Played about 20+ matches, got only one camper and one first hook mori killer. All the rest of games were good. Sometimes my teammates misplayed, sometimes I bumped into wall or missed skillchecks. Once I got Ash who refused to heal me, I just leave him, it's ok. But dbd community is fine and almost whole playerbase is good.

Game itself have some problems. Bugs appear every single patch. Devs should definitely do something with base code to make game more stable with updates. It's probably a ######### ton of work. Many people suggest to make so called health chapter. I think everyone would agree that we already have enough of content to play with. So devs could just focus on major re-coding of whole game.

And network problems. I think it can be solved by hiring new servers from local providers in areas with wide playerbase where Amazon servers can't reach. At least test possibility of such improvement.

• chieften333
    chieften333 Member Posts: 1,554

It's the only game of it's small niche that can scratch the slasher itch in my head.

If there were a better game I'm pretty sure everyone would have migrated to it by now.

• TangledNoodles
    TangledNoodles Member Posts: 248

Because I don't know what else to play.

• Mat_Sella
    Mat_Sella Member Posts: 3,553

Because Deathgarden died :(

• megswifey
    megswifey Member Posts: 826

I play competitively but that doesn't equal raging and completely serious, it's just my first game and I adore it for being so anxiety producing and also surprising. You never know who you'll go against, what your teammates will be like, what perks everyone is using, yadda yadda, and I really like that! I also enjoy making friends on the forums and in games, because after a lot of poor behavior and bad sportsmanship from time to time, you'll meet some lovely people <3!

• starkiller1286
    starkiller1286 Member Posts: 889

I return to see what changed and if I enjoy myself keep playing before my next hibernation.

• Katie_met
    Katie_met Member Posts: 422

This game is an addiction- if I have a day full of terrible games it makes me want to play and hope that the games improve, if I have a day of fun games it makes me want to play more because I enjoy it. It's also basically a routine for me.

• tt_ivi_99
    tt_ivi_99 Member Posts: 1,463

Because it's the only game that lets me play as Michael Myers, Amanda Young, Pyramid Head and many other known killers.

+ Killer gameplay, despite not being balanced at all, it's still fin.

• MadLordJack
    MadLordJack Member Posts: 8,814

The same reason I keep playing Worms games: who cares if it's balanced, it's fun. Admittedly I can't drop an exploding cow or a donkey from the heavens atop my opponents heads, but I feel like that would be a little... Jarring.

• DetailedDetriment
    DetailedDetriment Member Posts: 2,632

I've spent over 5X the game's original purchase price. No way am I just going to drop it.

• LARI
    LARI Member Posts: 66

Used to play this game day after day and now I treat it as once in a while thing. Can't bring myself to sit through this game more than 8h a week I just end up being pissed of either by toxic surv or to question every wired hit made by the killer.

• ZFennecFox
    ZFennecFox Member Posts: 510

I enjoy a challenge and its a great detox at the end of a long day I can just tell out my frustrations at the screen.

• Tubby_Squirrel
    Tubby_Squirrel Member Posts: 245
    • game is totally unbalanced - *Haven't noticed yet, but I am only at 50 hours and I play killer, the more fun side.*
    • some perks are totally game breaking - *Kind of, but I acully don't see thoes as often as one would think.*
    • matchmaking is terrible - *Subjective, posting an opinion as if a fact shoes you are grasping at straws.*
    • servers are terrible- *? What do you mean? in like over 100 matches the server efed up like... twice?*
    • killer server side hit validation- *???*
    • bad optimization (graphically) -*Explain.*
    • bad map design (responsible for more unbalance) - *In your opinion, and you must think everything is bad if you dislike every map.
    • bad netcode- In over 50 hours I have experianced precicly 0 seconds of server or input lag.

So many of your points are repeats of each other. as if you don't really think these things and are just reaaaaching for excuses to be upset. Why do people like to be mad? Like... I don't.

• thisisntmax
    thisisntmax Member Posts: 231

to make 3 game delay perk killers sad by rushing with resilience stake out prove thyself lol