We deployed a fix to solve an issue preventing players from unhooking, healing or picking up Survivors. Players will need to reboot to see the change reflected in-game. Thank you for your patience!

Anyone noticed more smurf groups or survivors since there is not bloodlust?

Hello How is everyone? I took a small break from the game, one week and had 3 matches in a row with the following setting: 3 flashlights and 1 key, Now, before someone tells me "look to a wall" or anything like that, I did 3K in two of the three and 4k in the other. Now you're going to say "bruh, why are you complaining then?" and I am not complaining. As nurse I couldn't care less what they bring into the match or if they t-bag, spam their flashlights or anything but... they indeed tried to bully me. Now, as some people know and this is not about me, I had troubles with someone trying to kill me in the past, those days I was having a very hard time dealing with anythiing. Why I am telling you this? Because I think you need to acknowledge that the killer is a human being, a human being that could, I don't know, try to forget their lives for a second, a human being that could be literaly have the worst day in his/her life., a human being that perhaps have some problems to move their hands due to a bad formation in their body. I am not saying let him/her win but. Be nice? It cost you nothing. And if I recall correctly there was an user on here that also has seizures so it's a medical condition as well.

This is not a post "complaining" since as I have said, I don't care what YOU do to me, but I have been taught to treat others the way I want to be treated so, be nice. If you don't want someone bullying you, then don't bully him/her. At the end of the day we are all normal human beings trying to chill and have fun.

In summary. T-bag or anything is not toxic, you as a human are toxic. So. Why not trying to have fun in the normal way? Or do you really feel that bad about yourself that feel the need of making fun of other person worse than you to make yourself feel better? And no, don't tell me "play overwatch and [insert name here] and you will see that smurf is normal", xenophobia in my country is normal. Should be tolerated? No.

Have a good weekend and I hope you enjoy it.

Comments

• BigBrainMegMain
    BigBrainMegMain Member Posts: 3,826

:ZubGiggle

• JustHeretoHaveFun
    JustHeretoHaveFun Member Posts: 86

The problem is that those perks are from killers I don't have. The DLC I have is the Pig chapter, the Freddy chapter, the Halloween chapter, and the Plague.

• Ramxenoc445
    Ramxenoc445 Member Posts: 1,358

Considering you won I don't think they're smurfs. If they are smurfs then they aren't as good as they think or they were just looking to troll.

• SeeAndWait
    SeeAndWait Member Posts: 94

if you do not feel comfortable with the survivors in the lobby, using a morie as a backup could work great.

• JinSime
    JinSime Member Posts: 405

What is to smurf?

Anyway, about teabagging, I ve notice low ranks seem to do it lot more than higher ranks for 0 reasons. I don't really care, but maybe that's just because they came to the game from watching some playing as such. Don't know

• GoodBoyKaru
    GoodBoyKaru Member Posts: 22,718

Okay so looking at the perks you have unlocked, if you don't mind, can I suggest a build for you to use? If you wanna play some Mikey I'd honestly suggest Corrupt and Infectious- both from Plague, another killer you have- Save The Best For Last (one of Mikey's own perks), and Sloppy Butcher (a universal killer perk). You'd wanna pop your T3 on your obsession to save stacks on STBFL, use Infectious Fright to track close-by survivors for some easy snowball and ensure they can't flashlight save by hiding nearby, sloppy to make it easier to down them (as they'll be injured more which, vs a Michael in T2, is not good) or waste time healing (when you can just pop your T3), and Corrupt to shrink the map, making it easier to get out of T1.

Save The Best For Last is also amazing on Pig- from the Saw chapter- and Freddy- from the NMOES chapter.

• Clevite
    Clevite Member Posts: 4,335

Yeah this smurfing is Bull #########!

It is rampant, and I'll say it again, on both sides.

Grow some balls and play competitors of equal skill.

Please bring back MMR.

I'm convinced all those BS screen shots during the MMR were of smurfs getting put where they belonged, then posting and saying, " Oh look how bad match making is, boo hoo".

• JustHeretoHaveFun

I've got all those perks unlocked for Mikey boy, I already use Corrupt. I tried using Infectious but it didn't seem to work too well, they were almost never inside my terror radius. Sloppy Butcher I've been considering, exactly how much does it delay the healing process?

Currently I'm running PWYF and Iron Grasp alongside my STBFL and Corrupt. PWYF gets me a nice speed boost that helps end chases quickly. Which perks should I swap out?

• GoodBoyKaru
    GoodBoyKaru Member Posts: 22,718

By another 4 seconds- from 16 seconds to 20 seconds.

Also, imo, PWYF and Iron Grasp aren't worth; if you don't like Infectious you could always give Thanatophobia or A Nurse's Calling (The Nurse, level 35 and 40 respectively) a go.

• Saitamfed
    Saitamfed Member Posts: 1,620

Well, I have been practicing on Nurse with the add-ons that make her blink shorter and the lunge post-blink as well. I don't call myself a god nurse but I believe I am somewhat in the middle. They did all gens and they almost escaped even, Bloodwarden helped. And I use I am all ears to see their auras when they vault so I'll know where to blink.

• Saitamfed
    Saitamfed Member Posts: 1,620
    edited November 2020

A perk that helped me more than you believe in my build with Mike was Tinkerer. No one saw it coming.

• sudintlink
    sudintlink Member Posts: 188

I just got back to playing killer after awhile so I have a low rank and yeah I keep getting one rank 20 then 3 red ranks but they don't expect my epic strategy so I don't mind

• Spite
    Spite Member Posts: 2

I definitely noticed an uptick in the number of smurf crews and troll crews right after the ranking reset. If anything they seem to be getting a bit less frequent, but still more common than they were a week ago.

Then again, I've only been playing since the Halloween sale so I don't have a ton of historical data to compare against.

• AstroQuote
    AstroQuote Member Posts: 9

Dude don't take the "bullying" in a game so seriously and personally. None of these people know you, and you don't know them. So stop taking it so personally.

On a side note, how in the hell can survivors "bully" a killer? I mean I remember my first times playing Blight, I got that swampy map with boats and tall grass. I was getting jukes left and right, survivors would heal each other around me and body block/rescue each other.

I felt frustrated as hell. I guess that's considered "BULLYING". BUT those were my FIRST TIMES WITH BLIGHT. After I got better at him and at the game in general, I can also give what these cocky bastard survivors deserve.

No matter what killer I play (Oni, Nurse or Blight) I cant be "bullied" anymore without giving them what they deserve (killing them).

Basically, a killer should never ever be bullied in the end UNLESS you are just a BAD PLAYER. Sorry but that's the truth.

• JustHeretoHaveFun

Are.....are you victim blaming someone?

As far as I can tell your post boils down to "oh, you're getting bullied? Git gud." That's never helped anyone or added anything to a discussion.

Survivors can bully. Teabagging constantly, pointing at the killer, flashlight spamming, loud noise spamming, these are all toxic things survivors do to make fun of killers. I'm not saying killers can't also be bullies, I've seen a few really toxic killers, but survivors can do it too. If you smurf into a new players lobby and spend half your time teabagging, you're just being toxic and you need to look at yourself.

• eff
    eff Member Posts: 154

I think it's pointless to try and tell those people to behave like adults, even here there will be at least one toxic survivor main who will come and say 'so what, go cry to your momma', drop a slur and disappear.

I honestly am so tired of those clicky clicking tbaggers, even killing them isn't satisfying anymore because their whole existence is annoying. I feel bad for solo players who accidentally get into the team with those brats and basically can't even do anything. Killing a swf in the team and letting the solos play the game properly feels nice tho.

• aorion
    aorion Member Posts: 12

There is no smurfing in this game because the devs don't a really even bin by skill. I play killer at maybe rank 13? And all I play against are meta survivors with rank 1-3 or so and all the perks. They meme me so hard. It's not fun, but the game is worth it for the progression and the times when matchmaking doesn't dick you over.

Maybe some day there will be matchmaking so it will be possible to play the game without getting stomped by people with all the perks.

• LARI
    LARI Member Posts: 66

I see key I bring Mori, if they are palet t bagging they die after 1 hook and if they aren't toxic then they die after 2nd hook.

• mintchapstick
    mintchapstick Member Posts: 891

This^

There's literally no way to smurf in this game, match-making is non-existent.

• Eorpwald
    Eorpwald Member Posts: 46

Lightborn is the best perk

• JoeyBob
    JoeyBob Member Posts: 477

No point in smurfing because you already face yellow ranked killers at red ranks.

• Alex_Splicer
    Alex_Splicer Member Posts: 122

This might give me a bit of hope to come back and play.

I've kinda thought this ever since I hit high ranks and dealt with sweat after troll.

The killer is a person just like you - if you want respect or to have fun.... Well show it!

Even through all the horrid games I've had I try to make it funny in the end for everyone.

Except that SWF where everyone had OoO and my sorry A.D.D. butt can't handle it along with extensive trolling - they can get T-Bagged by Ghost Face & Rancor'd.

The only time I don't regret stooping to their level, and I have mixed feelings about it.

• The_Nightmare
    The_Nightmare Member Posts: 65

I agree man this whole weekend I've been playing never have i ever had some many survivors t-bagging and then receiving messages after the game saying how bad you suck like their is no need for all of that. In short I've quit playing for awhile. Should be no reason to put someone down. Just over a game that people get too involved in instead of having fun. Just takes the fun out of the game and really just makes you not want to even play again. Sad there are people out there doing this stuff.