About Huntress

Hi everyone

These days i'm really enjoing playing killers that i don't play much or those who have a high skill cap.

In particular i'm having a good time playing huntress. I'm not bat at all with aim but i struggle i little with predicting, any tips?

Comments

• Axe
    Axe Member Posts: 1,060

Hold those hatches with your life, charge them up and wait. Dont just throw them instantly, take your time and try to predict the survivors movement. I suggest watching Umbra

Scott Jund also made a Huntress guide way, way back. Some of it is outdated but you will still learn a thing or two

• Aven_Fallen
    Aven_Fallen Member Posts: 16,089

Here is the video @Axe was talking about:

I also agree to what he said, take your time to aim the Hatchets. If you hold them up until they are fully charged, they also travel way faster, which helps to get hits because Survivors have less time to react.

• Withered8
    Withered8 Member Posts: 1,241

The key thing is patiece. If you just chuck hatchets wildly sure you'll have fun and get some downs but if you want to be consistently good you gotta have patience with A) when you wind up, don't wind up pre-emtively all the time cause it will cost you huge distance and B) when you let go of the windup

• ALostPuppy
    ALostPuppy Member Posts: 3,398

Let the survivor juke into your line of fire. You don't need to track their movements almost at all because most survivors will eventually move right in the center of your screen and at that point you throw the hatchet. It's gonna be nearly impossible for them to dodge if they're within a medium to short range.

Crosshairs also help I guess, I can definitely recommend downloading an app or using your monitor's crosshair setting if it has one. Definitely helps, every big Huntress streamer uses a crosshair.

• TripleSteal
    TripleSteal Member Posts: 1,298
    edited November 2020

Most people follow the same pattern while dodging (which I think is explained in scott's guide) - they swap turns; so seeing them dodge to the right, you can expect the next turn to be left and just release the hatchet as soon as it happens.

Some survivors know it and double fake, others run in a more chaotic way - huntress' hatchets are mindgame in a large part, and you need to learn your opponents individually during each match.

A useful stand alone tip is that 90% of survivors who are surfing a wall would try to dodge your hatchet, so considering there's only 1 direction they can turn, throwing hatchet predicting their move is an optimal strategy against someone whose skill level is still unknown to you. The downside here is that the remaining 10% include both the worst players who just don't react fast enough, and the very best ones who know how good huntresses play and are cold-blooded enough to rely on their mind rather than intuition.

• DetailedDetriment
    DetailedDetriment Member Posts: 2,632

As a console Huntress, my tips are going to differ a lot from those of a PC player. Really, I can just recommend you watch CoconutRTS, Scott Jund, ZubatLel, and Umbra.

• chargernick85
    chargernick85 Member Posts: 3,171

I played a huntress yesterday who ran only beast of prey. Don't recommend that. Maybe he was protesting in a way but he never got a down.

• zoozoom6
    zoozoom6 Member Posts: 825

charge up and aim to the side of the survivor and release when they move into your cross hair works everytime

• Sluzzy
    Sluzzy Member Posts: 3,130

You don't have to be good. Just throw over their heads, to their sides, wait for the vault, at the pallets...ez 4K.

• katoptris
    katoptris Member Posts: 3,150

Charge up and let them get in the center of your screen. Survivors tend to sway alot or do a bunch of circle to avoid hatchets.