Is the Huntress still fun?

I used to really enjoy the huntress, she was my #1 favourite killer. Recently going back to her after a lot of game changes, I realize I just don't like her anymore at all unfortunately.

1. Trees and Rocks added to the game really make her unenjoyable.
  2. Not able to throw hatchets around trees, I'm forced to try to M1, but bloodlust is even turned off, also why should I be relying on m1' as huntress? Yikes.
  3. Idk, I used to enjoy the idea of possibly sniping or even hitting people with a hatchet on loops. well loops have been changed, as dbd stated, they are a bit shorter, but how the hell do I get a hatchet around a short loops? IDK man.. These my thoughts

Maybe I'm just really rusty, I'll give her a try later when BLoodlust comes back at least.

Comments

• __Lukas__
    __Lukas__ Member Posts: 32

She’s one of the funnest killers in my opinion. Shorter loops def hurt her but she’s still one of the best

• RaSavage42
    RaSavage42 Member Posts: 5,546

And the bug that causes you look up after hooking a survivor

• kaeru
    kaeru Member Posts: 1,568

Yamaoka maps as frustrating as indoor maps. There is so much ######### on this maps, survivors always can hide while you wind up. And obstacles are so high, survivors are safe behind it even if they not crouching.

• Eleghost
    Eleghost Member Posts: 1,103

I've not had much issue when i played huntress a few weeks ago. Still the same killer and same kit. Some maps are worse than others but i mean its like that for all killers. at the end of the day she is a ranged killer capable of hitting over pallets, windows, and loops which is what she's strong at.

• Kind_Lemon
    Kind_Lemon Member Posts: 2,559

Yamaoka gives me so much stress as Huntress. But overall, she's one of the killers I'm enjoying most right now. She has the capability to do well without slowdown perks, and since I've trained myself to use M1s effectively, she feels like one of the smoothest killers to play.

• Exerath1992
    Exerath1992 Member Posts: 1,035
    edited November 2020

I don't really have that much fun with her. I gave up trying to hit survivors that are more than a dozen meters away unless they're "hold W" type survivors. I pretty much only use my hatchets when they're beelineing for something. Or if they're clearly about to be stuck in an animation like vaulting or dropping a pallet. But on the other hand, hold W survivors become predictable and I can sometimes get those satisfying long shots. I think the best was when i saw someone get unhooked 40+ meters away and run into the cornfield, and then downed them while I couldn't see them. THEN hit the rescuer when they went to heal the downed survivor. But those games are far and in between. Im mostly pissed about the new smaller survivor hitboxes when they're healing. I know its more fair but i just wanna get mah nurses calling value!

• OldHunterLight
    OldHunterLight Member Posts: 3,001

Gotta thank ghostface for the million trees and rocks.

• Axe
    Axe Member Posts: 1,060

I spam azarov offerings with her. Never risk a indoor map or some stupid LOS breaker map like haddonfield

• DaKnight
    DaKnight Member Posts: 720

Why play huntress when you can play the saltslinger?

• DeliciousFood
    DeliciousFood Member Posts: 464

Playing as her can still be fun, most janky hitboxes will favour you, but there will come times where it will screw you up hard. You can still hit survivors that hide behind things like trees if you're quick enough.

I find that playing against her is somewhat of a chore however. Either because the hitboxes really end up being frustrating when I've clearly outplayed her, or it's just that she appeals to the more tryhardy FPS competitive types that sweat as much as they can even if you're in a 3 v 1. Overall, she's fine, just not the most pleasant killer these days, in my opinion.

• ALostPuppy
    ALostPuppy Member Posts: 3,398

The camera yanking up everytime you hook a survivor is incredibly annoying and it's really driving me away from playing her. It's pretty disorienting. And I'll ask this again, literally how does a bug like this happen...my mind is seriously blown that this keeps happening so often and consistently, how long has this game been out?...anyway there's that bug, and the hitboxes are so terrible on both ends that I feel bad for playing her and I also feel cheated when hatchets will just go straight through survivor models, or when the hatchet hits an object that has a collision box 500 times larger than the actual model.

Huntress really can't catch a break, same with Wraith and Billy.

• gibblywibblywoo
    gibblywibblywoo Member Posts: 3,772

She's still incredibly good in the right hands. Most complaints I see for her are about how large maps really screw her over. She's 110 and has to also stop to find a locker to reload.

• oxygen
    oxygen Member Posts: 3,309

She's still my favorite killer by far so I'd say so at least.

• FFirebrandd
    FFirebrandd Member Posts: 2,445

She's still fun, but I got very sick of loading up into indoor maps as her. Honestly... after I got Deathslinger I just play him when I'm wanting a ranged killer. He's less map dependent and his builds aren't as restricted since all his hits count as M1's. He can't snipe... but I wasn't good enough at Huntress to do that anyway.

• ChickenMcthicken_5
    ChickenMcthicken_5 Member Posts: 68
    edited November 2020

I think she is fun but you can definitely have your bad luck and have a ######### map that has to much obstacles to really do anything cool. She is still relatively strong and scary no matter what though even though I personally find her a bit easy to loop.