Tinkerer really needs a cooldown

Undying + Ruin + Tinkerer .

Tinkerer needs a cooldown, even if it's just 15 seconds.

Comments

• Leachy_Jr
    Leachy_Jr Member Posts: 2,196

Out of all of them perks you think tinkerer needs a cooldown? I mean, ok I guess. I would nerf ruin or undying instead of tinkerer as that's what actually makes the build strong and take no skill.

Tinkerer on it's own is fine, hell even in that build it's still fine. Other perks are an issue.

• MigrantTheGreat
    MigrantTheGreat Member Posts: 1,379

Sp Tinkerer's cooldown is literally the duration it is active and the how long the perk is idol (however it's spelled) until A gen reaches the limit to trigger!

• TeabaggingGhostface
    TeabaggingGhostface Member Posts: 3,108

Literally just change it to where the killer always sees your aura and you only see the killers aura during a chase

• OGlilSPOOK20
    OGlilSPOOK20 Member Posts: 716

Or... Or just... Maybe... You know don't stack on gens.

Spread out and do separate gens. Even if the killer has tinkerer they cant keep up with every single gen. They're gonna lose 1 or 2 in the process no matter what trying to play gen defender.

Plus maybe using Cheryl's perk will help out by locking the gen and not allowing Ruin to regres it.

Plus your teammates will know your gen probably is near done and if the killer tinkerer goes off and leaves you just hop back on your gen. Like I said... They can't defend every gen.

• Darkskies
    Darkskies Member Posts: 1,158

I always really enjoy reading your replys to subjects always fully agree and am always interested by your responses, you have some spot on opinions also.

Just wanted to say that and definitely a mixture of both I feel.

🐷💖

• Justalittlepeeck
    Justalittlepeeck Member Posts: 1,101

That would bring the perk down to no mither levels of shitness. I hate OoO a lot, but I don't think ruining a perk would be good.

• ALostPuppy
    ALostPuppy Member Posts: 3,398

I don't think people realise that OP's proposed change would do literally nothing to tinkerer and are getting so angry over it.

• ALostPuppy
    ALostPuppy Member Posts: 3,398

Do you know what happens when a survivors running object against Freddy, or they get hit by nemesis, or they have Victor on their shoulders? Permanent wallhacks. If you're running object and are against a Freddy you can literally see him at all times in a chase, there are absolutely no ways to mindgame in the chase. Likewise if you get affected by nemesis. It's ridiculously broken. Seeing every killer's aura during a chase would be game-breaking.

• Aven_Fallen
    Aven_Fallen Member Posts: 16,060

I think they will touch Undying in one of the future Patches. I doubt that they will touch Ruin or Tinkerer, Tinkerer even got buffed recently, so I doubt they will change it again.

But the combination of those 3 Perks is pretty dumb, you dont need to be good to get value out of Ruin, which would have been probably the best thing about Ruin - good Killers will benefit the most. But if Tinkerer triggers and you have a big "Go here!"-sign on a high mobility Killer, you will get free Gen Regression basically.

So, yeah, while Tinkerer is probably the most problematic Perk if you combine those 3 Perks, I guess they will touch Undying.

(I cannot wait for the Forum Response :>)

• Freudentrauma
    Freudentrauma Member Posts: 1,053

It's also possible, that they will throw a bunch of anti-totem perk to deal with it. Especially considering that I don't even know how they could nerf/change it. Removing the Aura reading might be nice, but then the perk wouldn't have any scalable value for perk tiers.

Maybe they will limit the amount of time each hex can be transfered. But I'm not sure, if it would weaken Undying a little bit too much for differen Hex-Totem combos. On the other hand, they could really limit the hex transer to only once per hex, but take away the loss of Tokens for transferred Hex-Tokens. That would keep the perk reliable and open it up for more combos. We will see.

• Aven_Fallen
    Aven_Fallen Member Posts: 16,060
    edited November 2020

I like the idea of Otz - his idea was that if Undying relocated a Hex-Perk and is cleansed, the relocated Hex-Perk is gone as well. This would mean that the Survivors have to cleanse a minimum of two Totems (for the two Hexes), but it is still possible that they have to cleanse more.

IMO Undying depends on the Map. If you have an older map with obvious Totem Spots (like the famous Disturbed Ward-Totem Spot) it is much different from a newer Map or reworked Map. Those have some really tricky Totem Placements.

Regarding the Aura Read, there are several possibilities. You can transfer that to Thrill of the Hunt, because it basically lost its right to exist when Undying got released. But I think this is a minor thing, it is not like Thrill of the Hunt was good to begin with. You can simply remove it completely. Or you can reveal the Aura only when a Survivor is cleansing a Totem. This would prevent free information just because a Survivor is standing next to a Totem they might not even see.

Regarding taking away the loss of Tokens - this will not happen, as long as Devour Hope exists. While Devour Hope is a cool Perk it is probably the Hex-Perk which holds back Hex-Totems the most.

• gibblywibblywoo
    gibblywibblywoo Member Posts: 3,772

Tinkerer is countered by simply rotating your camera while doing a gen or lsitening for the killers ambient noises.

• Axe
    Axe Member Posts: 1,060

So because a mid tier perk got good synergy with high tier perk it need a cooldown?

bruh

• Mister_xD
    Mister_xD Member Posts: 7,669

i dont think Tinkerer is the perk that needs adjustments in that build.

its already very medicore on its own and on killers without good map pressure its pretty useless most of the time.

i think we should just remove the aura reading from Undying, honestly.

• ReverseVelocity
    ReverseVelocity Member Posts: 4,226

Just run Small Game, that's 1 perk out of 16 for the survivor side to take out half the killer's perks.

• Cooldown to Tinkerer? That perk is completely fine the way it is and not all killers can even use it to their full advantage.

• PubStar87
    PubStar87 Member Posts: 179

All of your arguments do nothing against the fact that Tinkerer LITERALLY makes completing an end-game gen impossible on small maps.

• horrortale_sans
    horrortale_sans Member Posts: 651

no map is that big just split up he if all the gens are going off witch one does he go to

• TheButcher
    TheButcher Member Posts: 871

I am not kidding. It is seriously Mind Boggling the amount of people I am seeing going "Mmm Ruin/Undying, yep that's a good combo" today. Like #########, do you even know how to play survivor? Also Tinkerer. TINKERER! What the actual ######### lol

• MythMage
    MythMage Member Posts: 521

Yes, let's complicate the few perks in the game that are simple and new player friendly. Besides, just split up on gens. Even the Twins won't be able to pressure that many gens at once.

• Chekita
    Chekita Member Posts: 184
    edited November 2020

Cooldown why exactly? If you really want that much to cower from killer use little kitty perk or the other, or just wait in a corner if you really are that scared of the killer comming. Nothing wrong with playing stealth (although it's less effective), but you have to recognize there are ways to do it, you just want it to be easier than it already is (not to mention OoOs in some SWF lobbies or just solo). If you reach the threshold you can also expect the killer is comming if he is not after someone, there is that as well.

You will only disappear from OoO and lose terror radius for 16s on lvl 3 and that is dependant on generator progress and almost losing a gen. I think the cost is fair enough it's not like you are getting the effect for free.

• coppersly
    coppersly Member Posts: 2,318

Oh Blight is the one people associate with Tinkerer because he can travel fast but everyone is sleeping on Nurse who's been doing it better through walls since before Tinkerer was changed.

Where is her respect and outcry with Tinkerer

I've been running it on her since the change and no one has had an issue with it until now, just because there's another hex that has a 50% chance to extend ruin a little bit?

Stay asleep.

• coppersly

You'd think that, but I cannot count the number of times I've charged a blink on the other side of the wall and people still don't know/care and I get a juicy grab... (if the game allows it and doesn't give them a free escape)

• CountVampyr
    CountVampyr Member Posts: 1,050

I love Tinkerer as the killer, but as a survivor it makes it impossible to fix a single gen if two people are already out. There’s been quite a few rounds where I just give up and let the killer get me so I can go to another game.

• danielmaster87
    danielmaster87 Member Posts: 9,109

But why?

• Sluzzy
    Sluzzy Member Posts: 3,130

Tinkerer: penalizes the survivor for doing the objective and rewards killer for doing nothing. A perk that not only gives an audio cue, emits a bright glow on the screen telling the killer WHERE TO GO, and switches off the terror radius so you can get a free hit. I can't believe this perk exists. On a high mobility killer, it is not possible to beat this perk unless you are in strong coordination. Also Imagine a 3 gen situation. It needs nerfing badly. I don't think the devs care, their trend is to continue making it easier and easier for killers and put survivors in no-win situations.

• bjorksnas
    bjorksnas Member Posts: 5,475

I make the memes, I control the hearts and minds of the people,

they only sleep because I don't let them think there is an alternative

blight is just fresher in peoples minds so its easier to draw the ideas in the mind with him

and you thought you were the woke one

• coppersly
  • coppersly

I often see survivors (who are sharp) notice by the 2nd or 3rd gen usually, they start to run away from the gen right after it triggers Tinkerer, often making it by the time I show up they're hidden. It's not unbeatable but it is difficult.

• Customapple0
    Customapple0 Member Posts: 629

The main reason why Trail of torment V1 had a 60s cooldown was because it would make stealth killers obsolete.

Yet Tinkerer pretty much has the same effect but can be activated many times, even more so with Ruin.

• bjorksnas
    bjorksnas Member Posts: 5,475

many wake on their own, the waking of the masses is led by them, if you want to make your own memes about it or spread awareness be my guest

• Sluzzy
    Sluzzy Member Posts: 3,130

Because a couple has been sharp with it doesn't make it fair.

• AetherBytes
    AetherBytes Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 3,028

If its popping multiple times thats wasting time on the perk and in fact is needed since you have multiple gens near completion.

• Reinami
    Reinami Member Posts: 5,438

Tinkerer on it's own is fine, no use nerfing it because of a combo. Ruin + Undying is fine against SWF kill squads, but too much for solos.