Hey Devs, is that bannable?

Options
TicTac
TicTac Member Posts: 2,394
edited November 2020 in General Discussions

So i played a match on swamp. Nothing special at the beginning. I downed someone and let him on the ground bc he was on deathhook and 4 gens were remaining.

Then after a minute i killed the second survivor. Searched for the last two but i couldnt find them. No gen was touched. I found the first guy and let him wiggle out, bc killing him after 3min of slugging would be not fair.

After a while of useless searching i found him again. Then he showed me the two other survivors who were hiding for over 5 minutes in a locker. So i killed them.

I know teaming is bannable, but what should i do? I had a match on dead dawg saloon with two hiding survivors over 30 minutes. When it is the only way to solve it, i guess teaming is fair?

Comments

• Eleghost
    Eleghost Member Posts: 1,056
    Options

just kill the guy you slugged. Teaming is reportable, yes, but so is survivors not working on gens and hiding forever. idk the best bet would be to kill the guy you downed and just search for the others. If they're actually hiding that well and doing nothing just afk and report them afterwards or record it and send it in for a report of holding the game hostage.

• Mister_xD
    Mister_xD Member Posts: 7,669
    edited November 2020
    Options

when the survivors are doing nothing but hiding for extended periodes of time (so not even attempting to repair gens or cleanse your Hexes, just hiding for the sake of hiding), not progressing their objective at all they are the ones who can get banned for it ("taking the game hostage" - you'll need to provide video evidence for that though)

id say in the swamp scenario you talked about its definitely not a nice move from the guy who busted them, but i doubt anyone will be banned for that, considering the other two were basically AFKing in lockers. at the very least you as the Killer should be safe i'd say.

dunno for sure though, maybe a mod could clarify this?

aight nvm a mod already answered

• Klakky
    Klakky Member Posts: 444
    Options

Dont report him they were obviously the toxic teamates he was just trying to do right and not let the game go on forever, if you're a new player or maybe he thought u were so he thought u didnt know about ravens, for a match like that I'd just kill the 2 of them and let him escape tbh cause I know what it's like to be paired with toxic players

• RocketPenguin
    RocketPenguin Member Posts: 374
    Options

id say your morally right in killing the two last guy but it is against the rules to team. Doubt anyone will get banned here tho

• TicTac
    Options

It was not really to gain an advantage. I was slaughtering them. They got barely a gen and all were on death hook. I would have won 100% anyway. But i know the game rules, i asked what i should do in this situation? Afk or dc or what else?

• TicTac
    Options

They two hiding survivors were smart enough to not trigger a crow. I will not report him, i forgot his name anyway. I had only a conversation with one of the hiding survivor.

• TAG
    TAG Member Posts: 12,871
    Options

I would say that in the first scenario, you are straight-up teaming with another Survivor to dunk on other players, which is against the rules.o

• CashelP14
    CashelP14 Member Posts: 5,564
    Options

I'd kill all 3 to be safe. It is bannable to team but in your circumstance I think your fine.

If you messaged them during the game asking to farm that would've been bad but since you didn't then that's fine. It was their decision to bring you to the other survivors.

I would've done the exact thing in both your and the other survivor's scenario.

• eiredrake
    eiredrake Member Posts: 98
    Options

I had a match in the psych hospital where the clown was on patrol and I kept sneaking out of a locker to try to fix the last gen. He would come by and stomp it with a hex and then I'd sneak back out and try to fix it and fail the skill check. It went on for a while that way until I went to find another generator.

wasn't doing it to annoy the killer. I was still trying to escape. I just couldn't seem to make any head way. The other survivor just hit though. Ended up just running to the killer and letting him slug me because after a half hour I was bored off my ass.

• Crewszpoo
    Crewszpoo Member Posts: 28
    Options

U shouldnt of cheated to win hiding is not bannable because the killer still has an option or way to win its called look for em and kill em its only bannable if the surv is leaving the killer no way to win

• Hex_Llama
    Hex_Llama Member Posts: 1,789
    Options

Technically, I guess it's against the rules for him to collude with you and help you kill his teammates. But they also left him on the ground for three minutes while you were chasing someone else, so I get why he was mad at them.

I think sometimes there's an awkward dynamic in this game where, if the survivors don't like each other, they look to the killer to referee what's happening and kill whoever "deserves it" the most and, when you're playing killer, you can get placed in weird situations like this where they're pointing at each other and sandbagging each other and it's hard to know the "fair" thing to do.

As far as I'm aware, though, you didn't break any rules by letting someone who was having a rough match have a second chance or taking two free kills when they were offered to you.

• TAG
    TAG Member Posts: 12,871
    Options

Hiding can be bannable if all the Survivors are hiding for extended periods of time and no one is doing gens. Has been confirmed by mods/devs many times already.

• HEXSLAYER999
    HEXSLAYER999 Member Posts: 141
    Options

That's very pretentious. Survivors are always saying why the game is unfair due to being paired with ppl that hold the match hostage, sandbag, and throw the match.

I personally out of moral would let the one player that actually tried, to get some sort of progress, for their hard work in actually trying.

Reporting them or even questioning to report/ban someone for outing players that are holding the game hostage seems very pretentious.

The two hiding couldve been waiting for hatch spawn after killing two other survivors/or even finding a third (maybe even with a key), which is by far worst because its kind of like cheating

• kaeru
    kaeru Member Posts: 1,568
    Options

You would love to have Whispers when survivors decide to take you as hostage.

• bjorksnas
    bjorksnas Member Posts: 5,253
    Options

I don't think he is referring to that part, I think he is referring to the part of 2 or more survivors hiding to take the game hostage

• GhostMaceNotCrusty
    GhostMaceNotCrusty Member Posts: 716
    Options

Both u and the kidding guys cuz they were holding game hostage and u because 'o' team