Who Is Better Bubba or Billy?

Options
CashelP14
CashelP14 Member Posts: 5,564
edited November 2020 in Polls

This seems like a controversial question but I genuinely want to see what people think. Here's a bit of backstory as to why this is an interesting discussion for me.

Before Bubbas rework he was my main. I would kill teams quite easily and I considered him A tier even when others said he was useless. I didn't want him reworked and I didn't like the idea of playing him after it.

Recently got back into playing Bubba for the first time since his rework. I'm really enjoying him again and I believe he may actually be High A tier now.

I always seen Billy as better than Bubba. I've recently played both and I think there's been a big shift in power as to who is the best chainsaw killer.

But what does everyone else think? Please base this off your own experiences playing against any good Billy's/Bubba's since their rework.

Who Is Better Bubba or Billy? 92 votes

Billy
51%
WeederickFatelanceBardTapeKnotF60_31JarkyDr_TrautsDimekSkeletalElitemusstang62PassarinoTUistreelpalletsryummyDetailedDetrimentParallaxRoboMojoCritical_FishTodgeweihtTheHitmanGlamourousLeviathan 47 votes
Bubba
48%
M4dBoOmrWeskerVolantConch1719Aztreonam78BabyCameron10CashelP14maaadinsomniacFreddy96SillierHorizon5WTBaconanonymous31337[Deleted User]Warcrafter4Unseen_ForcelandromatAwkward_FiendOwlzeyWiktoroxThicc_Boi_MyersUndershot 45 votes
Post edited by Mandy on

Comments

• Healthore77992
    Healthore77992 Member Posts: 570
    Options
    Billy

Bubba is strong but Hillbilly is still better due to his mobility

• CashelP14
    Options
    Bubba

Seems like everyone's main argument is mobility for Billy and chase for Bubba. I genuinely get rid of a pallet at every loop within 15 seconds of a chase starting or a down.

Billy just struggles too much in chase for me.

• CashelP14
    Options
    Bubba

Fair enough. I just don't think Billy's mobility beats Bubba's chase power.

I do love how tight this poll is. I genuinely would say if you asked 100 red ranks players it would be a 50/50 split.

• notstarboard
    notstarboard Member Posts: 3,703
    Options
    Billy

If we're talking perkless, I could see an argument for Bubba being better. Billy is clearly better with Ruin/Undying/Tinkerer, though. He gets some of the best use out of that meta of all of the killers in the game.

• CashelP14
    Options
    Bubba

I can see why you'd think that. Though I feel the word clearly is incorrect.

Who knows maybe I'm just one of those people who are like "How is my main not the best?!" Lol

• Katie_met
    Katie_met Member Posts: 422
    Options
    Bubba

Before Billy's nerf I would've said Billy but the overheat mechanic is ridiculous. Bubba is easier, and his chainsaw sweep is great, and I feel like I'd be more likely to get a down as Bubba than Billy.

• TripleSteal
    TripleSteal Member Posts: 1,298
    Options
    Billy

At an level other than peak performance bubba is better, but considering best players use them, billy is still a bigger threat, imo.

• Acromio
    Acromio Member Posts: 1,737
    Options

Both of them are trash tier.

• Awkward_Fiend
    Awkward_Fiend Member Posts: 687
    Options
    Bubba

I think that they're both pretty equal, but I voted Bubba solely due to him being less map reliant

• TheHitman
    TheHitman Member Posts: 22
    Options
    Billy

While Bubba has a better power in chase, the sheer fact that Billy can control the map due to his mobility, alongside still being able to instadown survivors makes him the better killer in my opinion. Billy can still charge his chainsaw to force early pallet drops, and while the overheat mechanic does exist, I've never found it to be a real hindrance.

• MadLordJack
    MadLordJack Member Posts: 8,814
    Options
    Billy

Bubba's got the stronger chase power now, but Billy still has mobility and a decent chase power. And mobility counts for a hell of a lot.

• GeordieKiller
    GeordieKiller Member Posts: 404
    Options
    Billy

Billy is better in terms of chase power and mobilty but harder to play as

Bubba is easier to play as but lacks mobility

• anonymous31337
    anonymous31337 Member Posts: 192
    Options
    Bubba

As much as I love billy, I think bubba is a bit stronger now.

• DetailedDetriment
    DetailedDetriment Member Posts: 2,632
    Options
    Billy

Hillbilly is stronger, Bubba is easier.

• Axe
    Axe Member Posts: 1,060
    Options
    Billy

I feel like it really come down to what map, perks and addons they use. I would say base Billy is stronger then Base Bubba

• TotemsCleanser
    TotemsCleanser Member Posts: 617
    Options
    Bubba

After Bubba got reworked I have much of an easier time looping Billy than looping him so yeah.

• WTBacon
    WTBacon Member Posts: 593
    Options
    Bubba

Hillbilly used to be one of the best killers in the game. His power enabled you to do two things:

1. Run across the map to where the survivors are.
    2. Use the chainsaw to down the survivor.

Now that overheat is in the game, it feels like you need to choose between one of the two instead of doing both.

Bubba doesn't have to worry about overheat around loops though, so he is more fun to play.

• JesseJH28
    JesseJH28 Member Posts: 478
    Options
    Billy

I would say Billy. You have to be more skilled to use his ability to down people (most of the time anyway) but even if you're not good at that, you can still make use out of being able to zoom across the map super fast, or even do a lap all the way around the map if you're able to steer well enough

(To be fair, the Feng I got in the second video ran me in circles all match and I'm pretty sure she intentionally gave me the hit, so I carried her to the gate and let her go - she earned it lol)

• RoboMojo
    RoboMojo Member Posts: 1,326
    Options
    Billy

In my opinion Bubba is easier and thus appears to be stronger but Billy is stronger due to him also having a very threatening chase power when used well along with solid mobility (Which is something Bubba lacks). Bubba is still the best facecamper though, I will give him that.

• steponmeadiris
    steponmeadiris Member Posts: 225
    Options

They're boyfriends, you absolute buffoon.

• Diggly
    Diggly Member Posts: 112
    Options
    Billy

Bubba is much easier to learn, and does have one major upside that Billy doesn't in that he can instadown multiple survivors at once, and thus making his camping game much better. But if you are an active killer that moves around the map (which is the far better/stronger playstyle) then hillbilly is the better option, destroying Bubba in terms of pure speed. He can patrol with ease, as well as catch up to survivors that are far off. Endgame against a hillbilly that can easily go from gate to gate in little to no time is utter hell, the fact his matter of transportation doubles as a way to instantly down is icing on the cake. Avoiding a good hillbilly is far more difficult than avoiding a good bubba.