Do you enjoy Charms?

Tatariu
Tatariu Member Posts: 3,068

I personally only equip charms on killer hooks, and only if they thematically make sense with the selected killer.

How do you dress your survivors, and killer hooks?

Do you enjoy Charms? 115 votes

I enjoy charms on both survivors & killer hooks.
40%
Gay Myers (Luzi)FatelanceWhite_OwlFibijean[Deleted User]TapeKnotkaeruDimekToppingPanicHoodiedBoosted_DwightRoboMojoIcewhisperZ1GGY069Yanthegamer558fairfieldismsRoffelbillyScary_Punk_GhostKnightFall28901Hannon 46 votes
I enjoy charms only on survivors.
0%
Rullisi 1 vote
I enjoy charms only on killer hooks.
20%
Fog_KingTaigaPadafuzmassaniCornHubWarcrafter4TatariuRothlonAwkward_FiendWiktoroxGreyBigfootXavier22ChurchofPigIceryTotemsCleanserPior_MorteDerZuntorRepostRipostemandysuxxjotaro 23 votes
I do not enjoy charms.
39%
ThatbrownmonsterBardLuigifan64GibberishSeiko300ArtichaBlueberryDeathwingDuckMiriamGSchinderellaF60_31himynameisvadimanarchy753CashelP14MyNamePeteJawsIsTheNextKillerkonchokmusstang62Dr_LoomisAhoyWolf 45 votes

Comments

• DerZuntor
    DerZuntor Member Posts: 293

I don't use charms on survivors only on hooks.

• mandysuxx
    mandysuxx Member Posts: 41

I personally think the charms look wonky on survivors. Also most of them are way too small anyway to even recognize. I wished we got something else for survivors instead of charms. I have so many better ideas than the teeny charms.

Like, I don't know, I like the confetti spraying from 4th year medkits, maybe if we could get from the rift and apply effects like that. Or if we someday could get profiles in this game, and mini profile cards you could see at the lobby and customize the background of the cards from the stuff that is at rift etc.

I'm kinda bummed when they had the poll of "what we should apply to rift" with all of the awesome options like stuff to customize the basement with etc, and still all we got is dog damn charms and recolors.

• Gibberish
    Gibberish Member Posts: 1,062
    I do not enjoy charms.

No. They are really obnoxious and crappy-looking, and I wish I didnt have to see them at all.

• Yords
    Yords Member Posts: 5,781

I think that they are kinda cool to look at, but other than that I don't really care for them.

• Bard
    Bard Member Posts: 657
    I do not enjoy charms.

I like when survivors I fight use them because a blendette with a bright blue apple can't blend as well.

I don't really like them other than that.

• Pookalookie
    Pookalookie Member Posts: 31

I think charms are a cute addition. I enjoy looking to see what charms the killer has but, I wish you could turn other survivors in the lobby to see what they have on. I think It's a small cool way to help people feel unique and different.

• IronWill
    IronWill Member Posts: 244
    I do not enjoy charms.

I think they are ugly and totally usless. I don't use them on either killer nor survivor. In my opinion they are just a cheap and lazy way to fill up spots in the rift.

• dugman
    dugman Member Posts: 9,713
    I do not enjoy charms.

I don't actively dislike charms, they're cute. I don't really care about them at all though. Personally the only charms I use are the ones I get for completing Rift chapters, at least I feel like I kind of earned those (not that they're too hard to get, but at least it takes a little time.)

• Hex_Llama
    Hex_Llama Member Posts: 1,821

I don't enjoy them as much as cosmetics, but I enjoy them a little. Some of them are cute or cool-looking, and it can be fun to try to figure out which charms each character would pick. Also LOL that all these characters are trapped in the fog and somehow started a charm economy.

I agree that they can look kind of weird on the survivors.

• Pawcelot
    Pawcelot Member Posts: 985
    I do not enjoy charms.

No. Waste of virtual space. Rift fodder.

• SebaOutbreak
    SebaOutbreak Member Posts: 399
    I do not enjoy charms.

I don't care much for them.

• TotemsCleanser
    TotemsCleanser Member Posts: 620

I don't hate them but I wish we got something else instead of so many of them in the rift. There are so many that are so bland and that literally no one is going to use lol. Others are quite nice like the one on the lv 70 of the past rift or those tiny survivors.

I only run them as killer because although I hate blendettes and I don't rely on blending as much, charms will sometimes make the difference on being found or not lol. And also they look kinda wonky on survivors ngl.

• SpookyPumpkinPiez
    SpookyPumpkinPiez Member Posts: 278

I bought the last pass just for the marshmallow charm. Made it to tier 70 though so I got my money back

• Elcopollo
    Elcopollo Member Posts: 768
    I do not enjoy charms.

"Enjoy" is a really strong word.

Some of them look cool, but it's not like I'm playing just to look at charms.

It's nice having them, but I wouldn't say I enjoy them. I like them at most. Not all of them, though. Just some.

• Boosted_Dwight
    Boosted_Dwight Member Posts: 3,059

They're alright. Nothing too crazy and most of them are just low quality filler for the Rift. But when they make a good charm they are beautiful. Still love the Entity figurine from Tome 3!

• ChurchofPig
    ChurchofPig Member Posts: 2,763

I generally don't mind charms. I don't dislike them in any way but they also aren't my favorite. I kind of just think of them as extra mini cosmetics for survivors and then just customizations for killer hooks. I like the ones on killer hooks better because I main killer and that they're easier to see. It also doesn't hurt that the killer exclusive charms seem to be better than the survivors exclusive ones.

• Fog_King
    Fog_King Member Posts: 688

I only enjoy them on the killer hooks, but really, most times I even forget they exist at all. Some of my killers don't have charms on their hooks because of this.

• DwightFairfield
    DwightFairfield Member Posts: 1,246
    I do not enjoy charms.

they thematically don't make sense and they clutter the rifts with charms no one uses, the only application they're typically used for is to show skill through the tome charms, or the end-of-rift charms

however is a Dwight figurine charm was to come out, i think i'd start using them again

• Scary_Punk_Ghost
    Scary_Punk_Ghost Member Posts: 31

I always use charms fitting to my current character. It triggers me so much to see for example a Dwight with a Claudette charm lol

• Luigifan64
    Luigifan64 Member Posts: 1,123
    I do not enjoy charms.

Pointless, the only ones I care about are the ones on tier 69 or 70 because they show that I finished a rift; the rest are worthless fodder that take up space. ESPECIALLY those really lazy ones that are just flat pictures repeated 5 times.

• TragicSolitude
    TragicSolitude Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 7,164
    edited November 2020

Charms are rather dumb and useless but at least I get to decorate something I can see as killer. I wish I could personalize hooks more, because most of the maps have pretty boring hooks, really. Or maybe decorate the basement, pimp that baby out. Hell yeah.

On survivors, the charms are really small, and a lot of times it only looks good to use the first and third slots, because with the middle one they're all too bunched up. Also, as much as I want to wear some of my awesome charms, I already seem to emit some kind of homing beacon, no reason to become a glowing target on top of that.

Edited to add that all charms should be universal. It sucks that there are cool charms I can't put on my hooks, since that's where the charms are most visible. It's a shame that some charms can only be worn as tiny little trinkets no one can see.

• Le_DWK
    Le_DWK Member Posts: 40

I love charms for both! They can add so much to a player and can really make a difference between players. Sure it might seem insignificant at first, but imagine: if you made a specific combination of charms for yourself, technically speaking, the chances of someone else running that combination is pretty slim. Yes it's not much, but that's YOUR combination.

Lots of characters might have cosmetics or whatnot and I'm sure not everyone is running your David with a cap that's also smoking, but there are probably some people that do. But hardly anyone will ever be running your three specific charm combinations.

• TeabaggingGhostface
    TeabaggingGhostface Member Posts: 3,108

We should be able to buy past rift charms

• landromat
    landromat Member Posts: 2,193
    I do not enjoy charms.

The only purpose of charms is to fill the rift

• cheetocultleader
    cheetocultleader Member Posts: 1,259

Actually what brought me to the forums. I like the plant and arcade from the first one, lol.

My only quarrel is that so many are repetitive with a slight color difference, or impossible to even make out once equipped to a survivor. Those are pointless.

• TeabaggingGhostface
    TeabaggingGhostface Member Posts: 3,108

When I started playing the game properly, tome 2 was released, and I missed out on those sweet sweet charms from tome 1

• I enjoy charms only on killer hooks.

I feel like their dumping way too many charms on the rift. Its also a really weak addition to cosmetics. I'm sure we can all agree, that having equip-able mori animations would be amazing.

• CornHub
    CornHub Member Posts: 1,864

I'd say both if could at least see survivor charms.