Map Add-on to show pallets and windows?

Rekkosai
Rekkosai Member Posts: 8
edited November 2020 in Polls

Not a lot of map add-ons I find overly useful, but I feel like this would make it useful to all players especially new ones, especially when it comes to potentially saving a team mate.

Perk to addon comparison       

OoO & Dark Sense = Blood Amber to see killer Aura

Bond & Kindred = Wedding ring, Gold & Eroded Token to see Survivor Aura

Detectives hunch = Red Twine to see killers totem

Left behind = Black Silk Cord to see Hatch location

Wake up = Yellow wire to see the Exit Gates

Map Add-on to show pallets and windows? 31 votes

Yes
51%
Gibberish[Deleted User]Fog_KingPassarinoTUistreelBassTramTotemsCleanserJuampy062Pior_MorteDerZuntorRepostRiposteRekkosaiLe_DWKthelegion_fanMaxFiGuyN0_th4nk5 16 votes
No
48%
AdelooTapeKnotTaigaAhoyWolfpalletsryummyParallaxRoffelbillyWarcrafter4ChekitaDoug_Fnotstarboardbm33TsukiYureixXM7MD97Xxexelse 15 votes
Post edited by Rekkosai on

Comments

• Gibberish
    Gibberish Member Posts: 1,061
    Yes

Sure, why not?

• Rekkosai
    edited November 2020
    Yes

I would assume it would burn the map 100%, but since maps can be used in chase it honestly would be very Helpful even with the burning of the map.

yeah there is a lot of clutter..but lets be honest...there are like 2 map add-ons which are practically never used lol..would be easier to just replace that function you know?

ALSO YOUR LOGIC How do you explain that fact that we have:

1. We have OoO, Dark Sense, and Blood Amber to see killer Aura
    2. We have Bond, Kindred, Wedding ring, Gold & Eroded Token to see Survivor Aura
    3. we have Detectives hunch, Red Twine to see killers totem
    4. We have Left behind and Black Silk Cord to see Hatch location
    5. We have Wake up and Yellow wire to see the Exit Gates

There is more i can list..but you telling me to use a perk when these add-ons prevent the use of a perk..and have the same exact function as the perk?

Post edited by Rekkosai on
  • Adeloo
    Adeloo Member Posts: 1,448
    No

oh wait i read it wrong ahah i thought it was for offering...

Then for an addon i would say yes ! i'm a huge fan of Windows of Opportunity so having the choice to use a map and select an other perk would be awesome !

• Rekkosai
    Yes

Yeah map add-on seems fair...would be scary as offering since offering would be overpowered for sure haha..

but our vote puts us back at 50% (although it says 55%)

• Chekita
    Chekita Member Posts: 184
    No

I don't think it's necessary considering there are perks that show pallets and windows for both Killer and Survivor. If Im not mistaken they are Zenshin Tactics and Windows of opportunity.

As for helping your teamates, besides perks already being more powerfull than addons (remember you have 4 people using perks in a team and maybe, potentially 2 or more ppl communicating with each other) and using map you can mark in the map for others to see as well. You just have 4 people with the possibility of using perks to have several types of information. I think it would be unnecessary and I'm rather critical of items and addons because I know there are people who cheat in the game to have infinite amounts of them, while others bust their as-ses to grind. Not to mention people who don't have a life or play the game professionally breaking the game ballance whenever there is any type of powerfull item/addon.

One of the reasons why map offerings, moris and keys should be changed in the game as well.

• Adeloo
    Adeloo Member Posts: 1,448
    No

i'm so very sorry about it, i wish it was possible to change your vote ^^

• exelse
    exelse Member Posts: 37
    No

There are already perks that offer it, I don't think add-on would be necessary.

• MaxFiGuy
    MaxFiGuy Member Posts: 56
    Yes

I don't see any harm in it. Yes, it would open up a perk slot, but you would also have to bring a map rather than any other item. I think it would be a neat option to have. It makes me think of an idea for another map add-on. Since you have to hold the activate item button (Mouse 2) long enough before the map starts showing auras and using charges, what if there was an add-on to make it work faster but burn up the map much more quickly as well? I'm not too dedicated to this idea. It's just something that popped into my head just now.

• MaxFiGuy
    MaxFiGuy Member Posts: 56
    Yes

I agree it's not necessary, but I think it's a pretty nice-sounding option to have.

• TsukiYurei
    TsukiYurei Member Posts: 103
    edited November 2020
    No

Exactly I 100% agree, if you don’t know how to loop certain areas or have a bad memory.

Then just use windows until you get use to different tiles.

This would push the game to be more uneven to one side and that’s not right.

There already great aura detection perks for different objectives in the game for both sides.

• bm33
    bm33 Member Posts: 8,163
    No

I think most of those add ons are part of the unnecessary clutter in the blood webs adding to the grind and could be removed. Wedding ring atleast also prevents you from being the obsession but they could totally remove it. Left behind you have to be last one remaining to see the hatch while the black silk chord you can have everyone still alive to see the hatch - they could buff left behind to just show the hatch without being last one remaining but killer mains would probably complain if they did that.

• BassTram
    BassTram Member Posts: 195
    Yes

It's an interesting idea. At worst if you don't like it then just try not to pick it up on your bloodwebs but for people who would use it would definitely like it

• Fog_King
    Fog_King Member Posts: 688
    Yes

Sure, sounds like a good idea.