Trolling in higher ranks (1-9) makes game unplayable

pwnall1337
pwnall1337 Member Posts: 10
edited November 2020 in General Discussions

I'm not sure if DBD dev team is going to do something about it, but in the past 24 hours I've had people insta D/C, or guys that as soon as we spawn they go into a locker (Rank 4) like they are just going to do nothing and wait on the hatch. I think devs encourage this by making challenges that give blood points for farming and getting the hatch. For some reason the past 2 days has been way worse than normal and I find myself the only person doing gens and constantly unhooking team mates trying to mess with the killer and unhooking while in injured state resulting in multiple downs and pulling me (only person working a gen, away from working a gen)

And that off chance that I survive long enough to get the hatch, it's found by the killer almost immediately. To make it an even more toxic experience, the doors will occasionally both spawn on the same side of the map like 40 meters apart so the killer can easily patrol both doors to ensure my death. There needs to be some in-game automatic punishment for people doing nothing. If you don't have X blood points per minute, you get exposed status and your aura becomes visible to the killer so people trying to survive can actually do their job

The other way to solve this is to remove the D/C ban, that way if I get obvious trolls I can just leave and requeue with out being banned for 6 hours. Because even when I try to kill myself after getting a team full of trolls the killer knows I wanna die so he lets me crawl around for 10 minutes.

Comments

• gibblywibblywoo
    gibblywibblywoo Member Posts: 3,772

Rift challenges are probably the culprit. A lot of the single trial survivor ones force you to play a certain way, sometimes straight up throwing the game for your whole team just to get them.

• exelse
    exelse Member Posts: 37

I wouldn't promote D/C and is definitely ban-worthy. Sometimes me playing as a killer I lose add-ons and offerings because someone does it right after match starts and that's not fair. No bans would promote such behaviour.

What I would suggest is kicking not active people out by game - no activity for 5 mins or any time would result in person getting kicked-out. I also think that if someone doesn't ready up in main lobby for 60 seconds (or 55, whatever) game shouldn't automatically ready them up, but kick them out to main menu by default. At the end of the day, if someone can't ready up in 55 seconds it's really likely that person is not going to play for whole duration of the game. It makes me annoyed if I play as a survivor and I face inactive killer.

• Ryan489x
    Ryan489x Member Posts: 1,467

the teams I've been on in Solo are doing the same thing. They're more worried about getting people off hooks then doing gens, sometimes they'll do the unhook right in front of the killer and it feels like I'm the only one actually trying to play the game.

Sometimes there will be one or two survivors that will work on stuff but it's crazy.

• TimeOutTimmy
    TimeOutTimmy Member Posts: 135

Solo que is horrid right now. My last 2 games were with a duo de-pip squad... left myself and my team mate with 5 gens. I am regretting buying the rift at this point. Putting in the time is becoming... well... unenjoyable.

• Kolonite
    Kolonite Member Posts: 1,346

I’d blame the rift tbh

• Clevite
    Clevite Member Posts: 4,335

Totally confirm.

It is like the strategy of defeating the killer and escaping is being traded for pips and some sort of kamikaze game style.

• Clevite

So funny. My lady and I just had 2 guys hooked in basement, 5 gens left. They instantly kill themselves because its Freddy i guess.

We got 3 gens done trading hooks and agro. But #########!

Shout out to Freddy for playing hard but fair!

• Ryan489x
    Ryan489x Member Posts: 1,467

Killers don't respect coming off the hook by yourself anymore either. I'm not asking to be handed the game but if I have to pull myself off don't put me right back on. my team didn't come to help me so I had no choice but to escape myself

• Hex_Llama
    Hex_Llama Member Posts: 1,820

Yeah, I don't get why, but this has happened to me the past couple of days, too. I've been on multiple teams where it feels like I'm alone doing gens and, on the other side of the map, the three teammates are swarming the hook.

I'm trying to do the hatch challenge, because it's the only one I have left, and I think a lot of other people are also doing that one. Lots of keys, lots of hatch offerings, lots of ring-around-the-shack. I'm trying really hard to play normally and not give into the temptation to just hide somewhere until the hatch shows up, but it's frustrating.

• TimeOutTimmy
    TimeOutTimmy Member Posts: 135

I was solo... it was not fun. But this seems to be an okay strategy these days.

• Clevite

Yeah, I misread the duo part.

No doubts tho, solo q is horrendous and often unfun to play anymore.

I like survivor for the team aspect, for some reason solo q seems to lose that part. It has become a selfish part of the game.

For God's sake going down early is not the end of the game.

• ggallinftw
    ggallinftw Member Posts: 351

Sorry to say but your complaint is most likely falling on deaf ears. People have been complaining about the "troll your teammates til you get X action done Y times in a single match" challenges since the first tome and they've put them in every tome since. I'd consider that a hard stance on the topic. We're just not meant to enjoy the game outside of a 4man swf while there is an active rift.