The most annoying perk to go against?

Options
IgiOne
IgiOne Member Posts: 29
edited November 2020 in General Discussions

Good evening,

I would like to know your opinion of the most annoying perks to go against.

As a survivor, I would say Tinkerer. It's a good perk to avoid finishing a generator but sometimes you really want to finish that one generator but you can't. It's so frustrating, especially against certain killers.

As a killer, I would say Dead Hard. It's not so much about the perk as it is about who uses it. If you go against strong survivors who know how to extend an already difficult loop, you are pretty much screwed. It's one of the most punishing things I know when I play as a killer.

šŸ˜˜

Post edited by IgiOne on

Comments

• exelse
    exelse Member Posts: 37
    Options

As a killer: I would say borrowed time. I was thinking about dead hard I tend to leave survivors who loop me and focus on generators so it doesn't really bother me that much. I also assume that everyone I go against have dead hard on, so I kinda expect it. Whereas, borrowed time is annoying especially when exit gate is already open and survivor gets unhooked. 9/10 survior escapes.

I don't play as survivor that often so I don't really mind any, but I would say either Ruin or No One Escapes Death.

• CornHub
    CornHub Member Posts: 1,864
    Options

Soul guard. I rarely slug, but when I do 100% of the time they have it. For killer it's iron grasp, because I lose all hope of wiggling out when they have it.

• OniWantsYourMacaroni
    OniWantsYourMacaroni Member Posts: 5,944
    Options

DEAD HARD

I don't care about DS + Unbreakable

• Marigoria
    Marigoria Member Posts: 6,090
    Options

As killer: Sprint burst. If the survivor actually knows what they're doing that is.

As survivor: Rancor. I usually don't use obsession perks, but am obsession a lot. It's really annoying to have a perfect game, not be downed or hooked once, and then suddenly get 1 shot and morid right away.

• Yamaoka
    Yamaoka Member Posts: 4,321
    Options

As killer: I don't mind any survivor perks to be honest.

As survivor: Ruin because it seems like a training wheel for mediocre killers (no offence intended - really). I just dislike the idea of "winning a gen back" for existing.

• dspaceman20
    dspaceman20 Member Posts: 4,699
    Options

For me I would say devour hope. Its literally a stop on the game for survivors to go hunting for it. And its effect can hit you at the worst time.

• NekoTorvic
    NekoTorvic Member Posts: 766
    Options

As killer, BT and DS combo. I understand the necessity for those perks, but if a survivor, for a split second tries to prevent me from hitting the unhooker, because they were rescued with BT and they have DS so they think they are invincible, I will tunnel that person out of existence. I do not appreciate being outperked. Those perks are supposed to protect you against scummy tactics, but they end up just allowing you to play stupidly, because you think you're invincible. Luckily Blight doesn't care about BT or DS, so usually I catch those survivors pretty quick.

As a survivor: Devour Hope. I hate this hex with a passion. At the very least NOED, you can see coming and if NOED procs, the game is over, you can just leave, and you have the whole game to get rid of it. Devour Hope is insidious, and when it procs you're doomed, especially on swamp maps or maps where totems are near unfindable. Its one of those perks that makes you feel like you've been outperked more than outplayed.

• Raccoon
    Raccoon Member Posts: 7,664
    Options

Ruin doesn't do much for mediocre killers that can't pressure gens, can't win chases quickly, and get lured away from critical gens - The perk itself is also somewhat neutered on low mobility killers vs high mobility killers.

• APoipleTurtle
    APoipleTurtle Member Posts: 1,274
    Options

As Killer?

Probably Dead Hard. While I despise seeing OoO in my games more than anything else, it's not a common perk and I run into DH users far more often.

As survivor?

Joint tie between Urban Evasion, Sprint Burst, and Fixated. I know they're actually survivor perks, but I've had so many trials go sideways because other players are just crouching/walking everywhere around the map with no urgency whatsoever. It's more frustrating than just about anything the killer could throw at me.

Buuuut if I had to pick a killer perk specifically it would be Insidious. I'm of the opinion that it's one of the most poorly-designed perks in DbD, useful for little more than camping while also countering camping-alleviation perks like BT and Kindred.

• Icery
    Icery Member Posts: 199
    Options

OBJECT OF OBSESSION fix the god damn perk please.

As a survivor: Huntress Lullaby because I don't want to look at the middle of the screen continously when it is at 5 tokens.

• CountVampyr
    CountVampyr Member Posts: 1,050
    Options

I also agree with Tinkerer. It makes it very difficult to complete gens with one person down. With two people down you may as well hope that the other one left gets hooked first and make for the hatch.

• apathyinc
    apathyinc Member Posts: 451
    Options

It's BT, but not all the time. When BT is used to stop camping it's fine. But when it is used to unhook someone right after I hooked them, not even giving me a chance to leave the hook, it just gives the whole match a sour feel. I know exactly what I'm up against in that scenario, and it's annoying.

• White_Owl
    White_Owl Member Posts: 3,786
    edited November 2020
    Options

Franklin's Demise. Extremely fun to use, but god it is annoying when it's used against you.

• EvilJoshy
    EvilJoshy Member Posts: 5,295
    edited November 2020
    Options

As killer, DS. It rewards bad game play and can easily be abused. Even if I don't tunnel I can be punished by it. I have to assume everyone is running it.

As survivor id say Insidious because it has no practical application outside of camping. I've yet to see someone put this perk to use besides hooking someone, standing around the corner and waiting for the rescue. If I see a killer with insidious I'm going to assume they're planning to basement camp.

• Zaonhort
    Zaonhort Member Posts: 101
    Options

This is probably obvious but Undying + Ruin combo can be really annoying especially on high mobility killers. Ruin by itself isn't my favorite but it's okay.

As a killer probably Dead Hard, you can usually bait it out but some survivors are really good at it.