It's sad and depressing to know that killers have 23 perks that have to do with gens

Options
2»

Comments

• BassTram
    BassTram Member Posts: 195
    Options

I don't have any solutions for fixing gens or gen rushing but I do think that gen tapping should be reworked. Being able to tap a generator while being chased to suddenly stop the regression seems a little ridiculous to me at least. I would like it if a gen is regressing that a survivor would have to work on it for let's say 3 seconds before it will stop the gen regressing. This is just my opinion.

• Ksoni
    Ksoni Member Posts: 607
    Options

What was the nerf exacly? Im guessing they made it 80% instead of 100%.

• SquirrelKnight
    SquirrelKnight Member Posts: 951
    Options

Kh i understand both of your points.reworking gens would be a pain to do and yeah, finding parts then an 80 second hold would suck.

To address the first one first, yeah, BHVR would never rework gens like this. Its too much work, theyd have to remake several perks and it would be a major hassle.

That being said, doibg that could lower the mindless M1 holding while extending gen times. The issue is that people hate holding a button until its done, with this method you could spend 20-30 seconds installing a part at a time I think most people would be happy. Killers dont feel overwhelmed by loosing 3 gens 1 minute after the match has started, and survivors wouldnt even have to hold M1. Even leaving in skill checks it would be much more tolerable to spend a bunch of small times on a gen rather than nearly a minute and a half

• lagosta
    lagosta Member Posts: 1,870
    edited November 2020
    Options

I think you should break it down by main purpose:

1-Regression: Hex: Huntress Lullaby, Hex:Ruin, Overcharge, Oppression, Pop Goes the Weasel, Surge

2-Stall/Control: Corrupt Intervention, Dear Man's Switch, Dragon's Grip, Dying Light, Thanatophobia, Trail of Torment

3-Information: Discordance, Gearhead, Surveillance, Thrilling Tremors, Tinkerer.

4-Chasing: Fire up, Mindbreaker

Different perks with different purposes. Also Gatekeeper is one of the 4 killer emblems, and gens are the main objective for survivors. Why is it sad that 19 of your 78 Perks (24%) have some sort of interaction with them?

• batax90
    batax90 Member Posts: 879
    Options
  • SquirrelKnight
    Options
  • cooksey
    cooksey Member Posts: 3
    Options

Yes, I think we need something new added. Or some kind of rework. I always see arguments about killer or survivor having it a lot easier than the other. That's complete bogus. The issue is how dependent it is on the map, or teammates. A great killer against am okay group of unorganized killers will usually have an advantage. Great, grouped survivors running great perks will be at an advantage as well. This is because they can just rush gens, and again, the map has a huge impact on this effectiveness. For this reason, pig is a very enjoyable killer. She forces another objective to the game. It'll be tough finding a well balanced rework, or objective. It's never going to please everyone in the community, but I think something could definitely be added.

• Todgeweiht
    Todgeweiht Member Posts: 3,666
    Options

Uh, generators are a core element of the game. Are they not supposed to be designing perks around that?

• TheeclumsyNinja
    TheeclumsyNinja Member Posts: 283
    edited November 2020
    Options

The devs would rather use perks to counter games issues then actually spend time balancing the game at high ranks.

Flashlights an issue? Lightborn

to many pallets for m1 killers? Brutal, enduring and spirit fury

Totems to weak? Undying

Skill checks to easy? Lullaby

Camping to easy? Borrowed

Slugging annoying? Unbreakable or soul guard

Cant hear anyone cause theres no in game coms? info perks

• Kaymin_Mile
    Kaymin_Mile Member Posts: 9
    Options

It's kind of obvious you cheesecake, it's because of all the gen rushing. But yeah your right, I didn't realize there were so many 😄

• Kaymin_Mile
    Kaymin_Mile Member Posts: 9
    Options

They should add a new objective at some point though, the games getting kind of boring, even with new killers, survivors, and perks.

• carnage4u
    carnage4u Member Posts: 338
    Options

I think that is a interesting point the OP made about # of perks for Gens.

I am confident many people would enjoy alternate methods to play this game. it might be far along for that to be realistic.

The Friday the 13thg ame did that element right. Up to 2 people could escape by boat. 2 different cars. One was for 4 people, one was for 2 people. The cops could be called, which let everyone escape a specific spot. Lots of different and fun ways (of course it had the sadly easy alternate method to also kill Jason, (sigh) but that game had a lot of more interesting options.

This game does a lot of other things right with interesting killers and some fun chases that can happeN (and only thing that keeps me intersted in the game) but the DO 5 gens, open gate, is lame. The hatch is there for that last person or of course the broken no fun key escape.

• Zaytex
    Zaytex Member Posts: 841
    Options

What is even more sad is how Ruin & Undying makes good gen regression perks like Pop Goes The Weasel look bad because it is so good.

• Rifftey
    Rifftey Member Posts: 3
    Options

IF YOU WANT A SURVIVAL HORROR GAME WITH PARTS, PLAY FRIDAY THE 13th the game, in silence, killfloor, don’t starve to death etc etc etc...Dead by daylight is the only game that has gen repairs of its kind, and me along with many others, LOVE IT! Having to sit there while there is a killer lurking is very scary. ALSO IF YOU HAD TO GET PARTS IT WOULD COMPLETLEY RUIN THE WAY THE GAME WORKS AND THEY WOULD HAVE TO DO AN ENTIRE GAME REWORK TO CHANG THINGS UP LIKE THAT. ANOTHER THING DONT GET STARTED WITH KILLERS HAVE ALOT OF MEAN NASTY PERKS, BECAUSE SO DO SURVIVORS, AND I DONT THINK ANY OF US NEED TO GO THROUGH SOME OF THOSE NOW DO WE? IN THE END IF YOU WANT SOMETHING DIFFERENT, PLAY SOMETHING DIFFERENT, DEAD BY DAYLIGHT HAS GENS, AND FOR THE MAJORITY THAT LIKE IT, ITS DEFENITLY STICKING AROUND.

• Clyxxy
    Clyxxy Member Posts: 13
    Options

This would keep gameplay so fresh, as instead of waiting for the killer to find you, you might find the killer trying to do gens

• Eorpwald
    Eorpwald Member Posts: 46
    Options

No. If you make a new objective it means you have to somehow split 4 perk slots to cover two totally different objectives.

Seriously some people need to get a grip and stop complaining about everything.

• LARI
    LARI Member Posts: 66
    Options

Doesn't it show how the game is unbalanced. If I don't bring at least one gen defence perk I'm screwed. I would love a chase only build cuz as a killer i enjoy chases and when facing good loopers I enjoy the game even more cuz I like a challenge. Having so many gen defence perks it's just how the game is being designed.

• Price_Diaz
    Price_Diaz Member Posts: 5
    Options

Besides doing bones there isn’t really much else for survivors to do, and I’m not sure whether the devs would be able to implement another objective without making it too strenuous to escape

• White_Owl
    White_Owl Member Posts: 3,786
    Options

What's said about it? Generators are a core part of the game, it's only natural. Plus all those perks interact with them in a different way, it's not like they are all similar.

• SquirrelKnight
    Options

With so many people throwing a hissy fit I think this needs to be said.

1. Current gens being the only objective and having such a lame interaction of just sitting there holding M1 has been one of the biggest complaints of the survivor community for the longest time.

2. Those of us who "should just play a different game" have done so, I even deleted it from my.library because, in its current state, it isnt even worth the space on my bloated games list, I had high hopes for this game and want it to be amazing but frankly I dont think it can even be mediocre at this point. Just offering commentary.

3. In regards to "having to change all teh perks" GOOD, DBD has SOOOOO MANY useless perks, sooo many perks thats arent bad but are ignored because of the unchanging, unforgiving meta. DS, BT, Soul Guard, Ruin, Undying, BBQ. I think even the most staunch defenders and white knights of this game.cant deny that changing the game up, just a bit to freshen things up would be an Inherently bad idea.....

• AggressiveFTW
    AggressiveFTW Member Posts: 921
    edited November 2020
    Options

Because there are people who have played the game since it launched and all you do in this game is sitting and repairing gens. It's ridiculous how we haven't gotten a new objective for so long (for survivors). Please please please explain to me why we don't need a new objective. What's so fun about sitting and holding a button for half of the game?

Post edited by AggressiveFTW on
  • RaSavage42
    RaSavage42 Member Posts: 5,541
    Options

@AggressiveFTW

I want to point out... you missed a couple perks:

Bitter Murmur

Cruel Limits

Rancor

Brutal Strength

• AggressiveFTW
    Options
  • Icery
    Icery Member Posts: 199
    Options

I am currently working on 50 killer perks. Don't ask me why, it is actually fun. I think some of them will be very interesting to play with or play against. I hope devs will take a look and at least give their thoughts about them. And seriously there are 78 killer perks and 23 of them are related to gens. This can be lack of ideas or they just don't want to bring new things maaaybee. Even finding ideas are not easy, I could make 4 new perks per day. Now I have 4 chapters worth of perks in my notebook and I mean, it's their job and they can't find anything new.

• RaSavage42
    RaSavage42 Member Posts: 5,541
    Options

Cause I'd want everything to be presented... You're welcome

• therealalfy
    therealalfy Member Posts: 8
    Options

I still dont get this. Yall mad about a main mechanic of a game. OOOOOOOFfffffff course there is lots of perks dealing with the main mechanic of the game. Its like saying why is there 23 perks in survivors about auras. Its a main mechanic. Jezzzus. The issue with this game is bugs and server wait times.

• AggressiveFTW
    Options

Because there are multiple perks for one problem. For example anti-gen tapping perks: Overcharge & Hex: Ruin. WE DONT NEED TWO PERKS FOR ONE PROBLEM! And we have two perks for gen blocking: Thrilling Tremors & Dead Man's Switch. Why can't we just get a new objective?