Well, this is Dead Hard:

Options
Icery
Icery Member Posts: 199

I was watching one of Scott Jund's videos and I realized that dead hard really makes you invincible and here is proof:

Look at 21:49 where Jane just stays where she was and dodges a hit.

She didn't even run but Dead Hard requires "running" to activate. And running does not mean pressing Left Shift. I don't know maybe I am wrong but if you watched it, you saw it.

Comments

• OldHunterLight
    OldHunterLight Member Posts: 3,001
    Options

Here is something you may not know about DH, maybe you play on console who knows.

On pc all you need to do is press shift and E to dead hard.

You may need to move a little bit just like how Jane did before the dead hard but that is how it works.

• Icery
    Icery Member Posts: 199
    Options

I understand that but her hitbox is still there and should not be disabled.

• OldHunterLight
    edited November 2020
    Options

Yeah, if the survivor dead hards at you, you will be able to body block, dead hard makes their collision disappear for a few seconds, it doesn't mean that yours disappear.

So basically when Scott was walking towards the hook Jane dead hard to Scott's blight, he bodyblocked Jane that is why she didn't moved.

Edit: sorry, I meant hitbox instead of collision.

• indieeden7
    indieeden7 Member Posts: 3,349
    Options

Fun fact: The entire point of the perk is to be invincible for a brief period of time, if that wasn't a part of the perk, Dead Hard would literally just be a ######### Sprint Burst

• ohheyitsbobcat
    ohheyitsbobcat Member Posts: 1,660
    Options

Yup, there are a few frames where you are invincible during the animation. You can also activate it while standing still as long as you're holding the run button.

I've done it multiple times where I had gen almost done, get hit, do a little more, dead hard into the gen so their hit phases through me and then finish it; I've done it on doors as well.

You see streamers and such do it now and then and it looks pretty funny when it happens. You have to have decent timing with it though because too early or too late and you get hit. There also isn't a lot of uses where it actually matters like your example. Most of the time you just miss a hit and you lose like 2 seconds because you have them blocked anyway. The above example is about the only good use of that invincibility.

• KateDunson
    KateDunson Member Posts: 714
    Options

Damn a perk that makes you invincible for 1s, very op pls nerf!!1

• SnakeSound222
    SnakeSound222 Member Posts: 4,467
    Options

It looks like she ran for a second and then used Dead Hard.

• TheButcher
    TheButcher Member Posts: 871
    Options

I abuse dead hards invunerability to save survivors from campers. Once I pull the survivor off with Borrowed Time. I Dead Hard through them, forcing them to take the hit. Then the Killer has to choose to chase me, or the survivor off hook - because of Decisive fear they tend to choose me, which is a mistake to make normally as well.

• JPLongstreet
    JPLongstreet Member Posts: 5,457
    Options

On Xbox it's just the "x" button, but of course you need to pray hard to the ded server dieties with each use.

• OldHunterLight
    Options

Dedi hits are a thing for everyone, no platform discrimination lol

• MadLordJack
    MadLordJack Member Posts: 8,814
    Options

Dead Hard: the perk that does too much for free.

• JPLongstreet
    JPLongstreet Member Posts: 5,457
    Options

Absolutely I know we all say such a prayer and let out similar curses as well!

• TheWarNung
    TheWarNung Member Posts: 794
    Options

There's an old trick cocky PC survivors used to do where they'd stop dead in the middle of a chase to bait out a lunge then would Dead Hard from standing still to avoid the hit. It made them look like survivor Gods if they pulled it off, but after seeing it once I knew to wait out the Dead Hard and down them immediately afterwards. When it doesn't work it makes them look like overly-cocky goofs who just got stuffed.

Part of the reason I use DH as a survivor and don't mind it as a killer main is that it's the only exhaustion perk that takes any amount of skill to use. Even if you're "Dead Harding for distance" you need to have correct positioning and timing to pull it off. Anyone who says you just need to press E has clearly never actually used the perk.

• TheWarNung
    TheWarNung Member Posts: 794
    Options

Watched the vid, by the way. That Jane tried to Dead Hard through Scott but she didn't have the clearance so she just head-butted him. She still got her I-frames though, so she avoided the hit. I've seen this happen a number of times.

Crazy thing is she didn't even need to use her DH. Scott was carrying another survivor. She could've just run the other way around the gen finished repairing it, and kept her DH.

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 5,229
    edited November 2020
    Options

That's not a bully squad....

Bully squad would have sabo'd his hooks every time and stuff haha. IT would have been a 4 man SWF as well not a 2 man.