DBD isn't fun anymore

Title

Comments

• mintchapstick
    mintchapstick Member Posts: 891

You need to take a break tbh, once it stops being fun, it's time to play other games for a while. I take like 6 month long breaks all the time & it helps.

Alternatively, if you're old enough: get some friends & booze, it changes the experience.

• SweetTerror
    SweetTerror Member Posts: 2,695

Honestly dead by daylight desperately needs more modes. After 4 years it's one and only mode has grown very tiresome. The only reason I play survivor is because I get to play with my friends, otherwise it's incredibly boring. It's not exactly thrilling holding a button to do everything. That's why I prefer playing killer. But DBD's abysmal matchmaking can tend to make playing killer a sweat fest instead of a good time.

• TheRockstarKnight
    TheRockstarKnight Member Posts: 2,171
    edited November 2020

Fun is subjective; what you're not enjoying may not be a problem for other people.

However, that doesn't mean your problem isn't a problem, or your concerns aren't valid. If you have an issue with the game you should talk about it, civilly, if you want to see it fixed.

Just saying DbD isn't fun won't change anything.

-

Now if you're just frustrated with the game overall you should take a break - it's not fun for you right now so quit playing it.

Maybe you'll want to play it again later, maybe not. But continuing to play while you're unhappy probably isn't going to help you.

• SweetTerror
    SweetTerror Member Posts: 2,695
    edited November 2020

I agree that it helps to talk about issues civilly. After all you do want to be reasonable and not appear to be shouting to the heavens, but I think a lot of frustration also stems from the fact that so many of our requests seem to fall on deaf ears. For years the DBD community has asked for things like console optimization (which they said would happen), quality matchmaking, and a practice mode, yet none of these things have happened. DBD mobile has a practice mode for crying out loud, so why can't the main game?

• Moundshroud
    Moundshroud Member Posts: 4,458

Then move on? If you aren't enjoying the game, don't play it. Problem solved and I don't even expect a consulting fee.

• OldHunterLight
    OldHunterLight Member Posts: 3,001

If you are getting bored, I suggest taking a break, come back in a few months all refreshed.

Just like Cote said "play other games".

• EvilJoshy
    EvilJoshy Member Posts: 5,295

My advice is to play something else. If enough people take a break than the devs might actually balance the game instead of cranking out more useless cosmetics and crappy new killers.

• TheRockstarKnight
    TheRockstarKnight Member Posts: 2,171

Agreed; people have wanted rank rewards and colorblind settings since the game launched; 4+ years later and we're no closer to either.

It's frustrating as all heck to apparently just be ignored, I know from experience as a console player, but being rude doesn't lend strength to your position.

• PubStar87
    PubStar87 Member Posts: 179

^^^^ A good example of WHY it isn't fun anymore. Community ten million percent. Most of you don't care 1 bit about anyone but yourselves. Ruined experiences constantly.

• Emeal
    Emeal Member Posts: 4,952

What this forum needs more of is more posts voicing hollow complaints without value.

Please make some more substantial posts, alright.

• BadMrFrosty
    BadMrFrosty Member Posts: 1,100

Take a break, then come back, play for a week or two, and remember why you quit in the first place - ad infinitum. Unless the game is somehow miraculously better......... yeah

• Felnex
    Felnex Member Posts: 334

As with any game (but especially this one) take a break. I find I start to think it isn't fun anymore when I start to get set in my ways, get comfortable, and start hungering for more content/quicker patches. DBD is a great game if you don't take it seriously, and take long breaks. I feel like it's meant to be played casually.