The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Appreciation To BHVR For Another Event

Zanfer
Zanfer Member Posts: 647

I have seen many threads bashing the game just because they can't unlock certain cosmetics. Time to appreciate the effort that the dev team puts into these updates instead of nit picking every negative aspect about the updates.

Hallowed Blight Event: I love what you guys did what the plants and the hooks. They look super nice and detailed. Definitely makes the environment more spooky with orange glows mixed into it. The skins look very detailed and seems they took a lot of time and creativity to make them.

Recent Patch: Happy to see they fixed deliverance since it was bugged and changed up some old perks to make them more usable with different purposes. Glad they shrunk the swamp maps down cause those maps were pretty big on their own. Happy they are spacing out hooks to make it more fair for survivors and always revisiting old maps to update the pallet allocations.

This company is always looking at everyone's feedback and trying to fix bugs and situations as fast as they can. They are not robots they are human like most of us.

Comments

• redsopine1
    redsopine1 Member Posts: 1,437
    See your one of the few that are nice to the devs and cant wait to try out the new event map.desings
  • Zanfer

@redsopine1 said:
    See your one of the few that are nice to the devs and cant wait to try out the new event map.desings

I am always excited to see what they add cause it is a game I like to play. Why focus on the negatives when they get reported about them multiple times and than try to fix them. They put a lot of time into the game to work on it and make it better

• Zanfer

@Dwight_Confusion said:
    I'm also understanding and nice to the devs.

I'm not posting around crying about how I can't get all 7 outfits for free.

That isn't what I'm about. I'm complaining about how a 13 day event is giving us little grind to unlock 3/21 pieces.

It just seems lackluster. The event, the ideas are great, but the rewards are subpar. 6/21?

Please?

Not everyone would be able to play the event for 13 days straight. Some people might only be able to play for 4 days since some people work all week or have responsibilities during the week. I understand where you come from, but not everyone can be on the game.

What do you appreciate about the game I would like to hear :chuffed:

• HulkHodn
    HulkHodn Member Posts: 116
    Yeah thx for the Event. The outfits looks great. I think i will grab the billy outfit 
  • redsopine1
    Zanfer said:

@redsopine1 said:

I am always excited to see what they add cause it is a game I like to play. Why focus on the negatives when they get reported about them multiple times and than try to fix them. They put a lot of time into the game to work on it and make it better

Same the games good sure some thing's need work but now at least they removed the only issue I had at end game slugging someone near the gate and then having a 3 man team just shove me in a corner wo one can crawl out as the leave after each hit by allowing insta slugging
  • Zanfer

@HulkHodn said:
    Yeah thx for the Event. The outfits looks great. I think i will grab the billy outfit 

I am still deciding between trapper or huntress. I like the look for both haha

• Zanfer

@redsopine1 said:
    Zanfer said:

@redsopine1 said:

Same the games good sure some thing's need work but now at least they removed the only issue I had at end game slugging someone near the gate and then having a 3 man team just shove me in a corner wo one can crawl out as the leave after each hit by allowing insta slugging

Yeah they eventually get around to issues, but there are so many variables in this game they can't fix all of them right away. Glad to hear that issue was fixed for you

• redsopine1
    Well I still gotta run NOED but now its a granted insta down so people who try it run the risk of losing
  • Huntedfailure
    Huntedfailure Member Posts: 181

Glad to see people aren’t jumping on the hate wagon and in my opinion having to spend money on costumes is there way of making up all the money and effort they put into the event

• Huntedfailure
    Huntedfailure Member Posts: 181

@ZombieGenesis said:
    You know it's possible to appreciate things and be critical at the same time.

Who’s to say were entirely satisfied

• Zanfer

@ZombieGenesis said:
    You know it's possible to appreciate things and be critical at the same time.

Yeah, but where are the post that appreciate the critical things...

• powerbats
    powerbats Member Posts: 7,068

I agree @Zanfer and @Dwight_Confusion I do understand but like I and others have said not everyone is going to get that opportunity like you or I probably will. In a sense for those that can grind it out quicker this will be no different than the BBQ event was for the ones that got it 1st day.

For everyone complaining about it calm down and realize you're getting stuff free that you don't have to pay for. There'll be more events and more stuff that's free upcoming. Don't look a gift horse in the mouth just because it isn't as shiny as you want.

• iTz_KilLaZ_x
    iTz_KilLaZ_x Member Posts: 300
    In my opinion, it’s somewhat insulting to host a community event and claim “this is our best one yet” but then proceed to disappointment many due to wanting more money...
  • Chrona
    Chrona Member Posts: 245

@Dwight_Confusion said:

That isn't what I'm about. I'm complaining about how a 13 day event is giving us little grind to unlock 3/21 pieces.

It just seems lackluster. The event, the ideas are great, but the rewards are subpar. 6/21?

Please?

I would be happy with 9/21. Or rather, sell them as whole pieces, don't allow them to be broken up, and just do 3/7. That's just under half, and I can accept that easily.

I like the event itself. But requiring A MINIMUM of 5 hours of grinding (30 vials needed for a full outfit, one full vial needed for the currency, assuming you can get a full vial each match on both sides every single match. 30 matches, taking 10 minutes each (I'm shooting underneath what it is, by the way) is 300 minutes. That's 5 hours. But being realistic, you aren't going to get a full vial every single match, and if you are going for the flowers, that means the match is going to be even longer. That's also discounting lobby time, etc.) to get 1/7th (or 14%) of what's on offer. Or, I can drop three times more money on the cosmetics than I did on the game itself.

Frankly, I would prefer overwatch's lootboxes. I might not get everything, but I sure as ######### will be getting more than just one thing.

I do like the event itself. But I would like at least a quarter of what you're offering. What's the point of having a public event if you're going to hold almost everything behind a paywall? It's like going to a public party, but you're only allowed in the lobby for free, and you have to bring a case of wine to get to the rest of the party.

By my math, that's over $60 for all the event skins (not including the one you get for free).

• Gilly
    Gilly Member Posts: 10

Honestly, I hate lootboxes but if they offered 4 cosmetic parts in an incrementally scaling lootbox I had to play many games to get, I'd actually be satisfied with the event. To be clear: I quit Overwatch because you could only get things in lootboxes and I'd still rather have that than this.

• RoMainPuppy
    RoMainPuppy Member Posts: 507
    edited October 2018

@Zanfer said:

@Dwight_Confusion said:

Please?

Not everyone would be able to play the event for 13 days straight. Some people might only be able to play for 4 days since some people work all week or have responsibilities during the week. I understand where you come from, but not everyone can be on the game.

Yeah but, then they could just buy the skins later as the devs planned? Like as far as I can tell Dwight_Confusion isn't saying, "Make them all grindable, no other way to get them." They're saying, "Let those players who have the time, the patience, or both to grind for more pieces be able to do so."

That's not an unreasonable request. If we're only allowed to grind for 3 pieces through the entire event, and the cosmetics cost say $10 a pop that means if you want the other 18 pieces you have to fork out around $60-180 depending on what cell packs you buy (for Americans at least, idk currency conversions elsewhere)? Isn't that a bit excessive? After they already have so many cash only cosmetics? Especially for an event?

What's the point of even having the event if the amount of stuff you can grind for is so nil? Might as well cut out the middleman and put it all behind a paywall. (I'm not saying there shouldn't be a cap at all btw, I'm just personally saying that 3/21 pieces is a crock of crap)

I'm personally super happy they're not restricting the event outfits to only the event itself, but the potential price point (tbd? Have they said how much cells each set will cost yet?) leaves a lot to be desired. (I realize it could be worse and that they could only sell the outfits during the event itself, so I appreciate the forethought that not everyone would be able to buy them right away)

Edit: @Chrona Nvm, did the math, was initially only calculating for $10 packs only.

• Malakir
    Malakir Member Posts: 799
    Zanfer said:

I have seen many threads bashing the game just because they can't unlock certain cosmetics. Time to appreciate the effort that the dev team puts into these updates instead of nit picking every negative aspect about the updates.

Hallowed Blight Event: I love what you guys did what the plants and the hooks. They look super nice and detailed. Definitely makes the environment more spooky with orange glows mixed into it. The skins look very detailed and seems they took a lot of time and creativity to make them.

Recent Patch: Happy to see they fixed deliverance since it was bugged and changed up some old perks to make them more usable with different purposes. Glad they shrunk the swamp maps down cause those maps were pretty big on their own. Happy they are spacing out hooks to make it more fair for survivors and always revisiting old maps to update the pallet allocations.

This company is always looking at everyone's feedback and trying to fix bugs and situations as fast as they can. They are not robots they are human like most of us.

agree, totally agree with you

Guys I just found threads over threads crying about how you can't get everything for free or more for free. You know bhvr isn't blizzard right? You know they are a company and the videogame is first a product?

They have to pay their people like anyone else, remember videogames is an industry and especially right now a bad choice can lead to the failure of a software house. Just look telltale, out of nowhere got closed for low profit. Instead I'm grateful I can see they actually care about the game and improve it, give more stuff by paying means show support the game. They release free stuff here and there, how many Devs do that? Just look at league of legends,since its famous you might know it. No skin is free, none, nada, nulla,nothing. 

If I had something more I would gladly give them some money so instead of being greedy try to be in their shoes and remember video's are products, they love their own product and try their best to make everyone happy which is rare lately if you look around
  • Lowbei
    Lowbei Member Posts: 2,637
    thanks bhvr! great event.
  • Zanfer

@RoMainPuppy said:

@Zanfer said:

@Dwight_Confusion said:

Please?

Yeah but, then they could just buy the skins later as the devs planned? Like as far as I can tell Dwight_Confusion isn't saying, "Make them all grindable, no other way to get them." They're saying, "Let those players who have the time, the patience, or both to grind for more pieces be able to do so."

That's not an unreasonable request. If we're only allowed to grind for 3 pieces through the entire event, and the cosmetics cost say $10 a pop that means if you want the other 18 pieces you have to fork out around $60-180 depending on what cell packs you buy (for Americans at least, idk currency conversions elsewhere)? Isn't that a bit excessive? After they already have so many cash only cosmetics? Especially for an event?

What's the point of even having the event if the amount of stuff you can grind for is so nil? Might as well cut out the middleman and put it all behind a paywall. (I'm not saying there shouldn't be a cap at all btw, I'm just personally saying that 3/21 pieces is a crock of crap)

I'm personally super happy they're not restricting the event outfits to only the event itself, but the potential price point (tbd? Have they said how much cells each set will cost yet?) leaves a lot to be desired. (I realize it could be worse and that they could only sell the outfits during the event itself, so I appreciate the forethought that not everyone would be able to buy them right away)

Edit: @Chrona Nvm, did the math, was initially only calculating for $10 packs only.

I don't think they set the prices from what I know unless someone else knows. I agree though that people do play the game a lot and it should be worth the time to get more skins out of an event. Imo you shouldn't be able to get all of them, but maybe more than one is understandable.

• Zanfer

@Malakir said:
    Zanfer said:

agree, totally agree with you

Guys I just found threads over threads crying about how you can't get everything for free or more for free. You know bhvr isn't blizzard right? You know they are a company and the videogame is first a product?

They have to pay their people like anyone else, remember videogames is an industry and especially right now a bad choice can lead to the failure of a software house. Just look telltale, out of nowhere got closed for low profit. Instead I'm grateful I can see they actually care about the game and improve it, give more stuff by paying means show support the game. They release free stuff here and there, how many Devs do that? Just look at league of legends,since its famous you might know it. No skin is free, none, nada, nulla,nothing. 

If I had something more I would gladly give them some money so instead of being greedy try to be in their shoes and remember video's are products, they love their own product and try their best to make everyone happy which is rare lately if you look around

Yeah this game would have been dead a while ago if it weren't for the dlcs. The more money you put into a game the more content you can receive in future updates since they are constantly hiring new people all the time. They have people who look over bans now and who are designated to making the events only.